Single (or double) levels recommendations

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Single (or double) levels recommendations

Post by MegaDescent »

Well campaigns have already been covered pretty extensively in a poll, but while they're the big ticket items as far as level counts are concerned, quality can still very much come in smaller doses! So I'm creating a second, final thread for recommendations of single levels, single level series (like MOON XX), or short mini-missions. Since there's far too many of these to name there is no poll here. Rather it would be most ideal if you list the ones that come to your mind as standing out, and there's no limit on how many you can list! :) (Although I'm hoping for at least 5-10 from long time players.) The only other rule, for now at least, is it can't be an XL level. Don't worry too much about it being on the DMDB, I have already loaded in singles from other sites still allowing downloads as well (like Scorch's Den and Pooterman's). Also if it's a bunch of separate levels by the same author (I know Grant and the MOON XX maker did this, for instance), they count collectively as one entry (i.e. 'Grant's Levels', or 'The MOON XX series'). That's all to say, just list the ones that have stayed in your mind as ones you'd recommend, and you can give a description but you don't have to, nuff said! :)
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Single (or double) levels recommendations

Post by Pumo »

I will give you a quick reply with a couple of single-level missions that always came to my mind as I like them very much:

Kritical Mass Testing Labs (from Kruel)
- superb level design, very similar gameplay and quality to that of Konflict at Karon levels.

Macron Station (from Solrazor/Kyoryuu)
-It feels like an extra level from Mandrill but with some Vertigo-ish touch to it.

Will think about more missions later for add to this thread. ;)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Yeah, there are a lot of these so it may take some time for us to get back to you...
BUT! It's a good excuse to play some singleplayer levels again.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MegaDescent »

Can you just list a few at a time as they come to mind? That would be most appreciated. :)

There are five maps I could ONLY get from Scorch's Den, nowhere else. Any of these ring a bell?

Dragon's Fortress
Hellfire District
Sandcrawler Petroleum Dig
Terrafrost Nitrogen Mine
Kessel Spice Mine
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I remember the last three. They were all worth playing although I've never managed to finish Hellfire District... too many bots, not enough energy or lives :P.
MegaDescent
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MegaDescent »

Which of the three was your favorite, Alter, and what difficulty were you playing HF District on?

I'd also ask about any of Grant's D2 levels (he has a lot of them, all on DMDB).

EDIT: Also looking at Scorch's Den again I forgot another one - Kessel Spice Mine. Any recollection of that one?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I don't remember them very well, to be honest. I'd have to play them again.