Happy Easter Everyone!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Happy Easter Everyone!

Post by Duper »

And here are some Easter Eggs for you!!!

[youtube]JHXT_TdmAs0[/youtube]
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Happy Easter Everyone!

Post by sigma »

As you know, I do not believe in the God of the Bible because of my personal opinion. But I believe in the purity of the soul and the morale of the people. If we consider the "Resurrection of Jesus" as the embodiment of the internal desires of the people of the triumph of justice, the triumph of good over evil, I want to join all those who believe in this holiday. I wish that people's thoughts have always been clean, and their actions were honorable.
And so I want to say to all: "Christ is Risen!".
Happy Easter!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Happy First Fruits day of the Unleavened Bread!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Christ is Risen Indeed!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Not only were their many witnesses to that Sigma, I myself can testify that He lives in me by His Spirit, which is the most separate Spirit of all.
See, because of the blood of the Son, God, who is a Spirit, has poured Himself out on all flesh. On both the good and the evil. 1 John 5 states that He gives His Testimony concerning His Son that has 3 witnesses. The water of the word, the blood of His Son and His Spirit on all flesh. No one comes to the Son unless the Father draws them and this shows God's great grace towards us, that while we were still sinners, He has accepted us. Anyone who accepts His Testimony, He then sends the Spirit of His Son into their hearts and the 2 becoming married as 1 within that person and they receive adoption as children. The Son is Holy(separate). The Bible states that no one can call Jesus Lord, except by the Spirit of God, but not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter. The Spirit of God on all flesh is how they will be able to prophesy in His name, cast out demons in His name and perform miracles in His name , but the Son will say to them that He Himself never knew that person. Anyone Born of God does not commit sin, because they have received the marriage by becoming part of the Body of Christ, where Christ's Spirit dwells.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Wow. The self-righteousness is strong in these waters.
zombie-jesus-brains.jpg
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Flip, I believe that God lives in every person. Even the soul of those people who do not believe in God.
I am confident that God is in the soul of people who have never read the Bible.
But I doubt there is a God in the soul devoutly religious people, which simultaneously go to church to pray for the health of their relatives and at the same time giving orders for the destruction of millions of people. Shamans give orders to sacrifice innocent people. Civilized European Inquisition destroyed and tortured innocent people most inhumane ways. Just get a look at the tools and torture of people who used the Inquisition. You will have blood in your veins harden. This was done in the name of God.
Germans and Americans are deeply religious nations. But they are also champions in the murder and torture. Stalin is a baby compared to them. The Americans destroyed the Indians under the flag of faith in God. German and American Nazis killed tens of millions of completely innocent people, who believed in the justice of God, prayed to God and hoped for God's help.
Muslims generally kill people just because they belong to another religion. In the Koran, red and white is clearly written - to destroy all who do not believe in their God.

If you find yourself in the comfort of faith, it's fine.
But I still think that religion has much more disadvantages than advantages.
Religion - is the most terrible and destructive drug for man soul and most terrible weapon of self-destruction of humanity, in my opinion.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

That I agree with. hateful people have always used God's name in vain and will till the very end. I don't concern myself much with them. I started reading the Bible when I was 6, by the time I was 8 I was arguing with my parents at the dinner table. All that I know is from personal study and an intimate relationship with God who has evidenced Himself to me in other ways more times than I can count. The Bible plainly says that under this New Covenant God Himself would be our Teacher, yet so many seem content with following the crowd and trying to fit in. Go figure. It's a great social experiment in my mind because if you take 10 people and put them all in the same classroom, all being taught the same thing, they will argue tooth and nail that they are right. Not because they have developed the process of seeking truth. Not because they have sought for themselves. Not because they even know the process by which those conclusions were gotten too. No, they will fight tooth and nail over something just because the other 9 people agree with them. Me and you are a lot alike Sigma, we seek for ourselves and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if God Himself has removed the barrier and established a rapport. One thing I refuse to do though is slander God because a bunch of zealots have used His Name to their own ends. Like I said, the world is too perfect and anybody that has done any investigation on their own will understand what I mean by that, add in the ways God reveals Himself to people that believe in Him and I am convinced, more than convinced.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

sigma wrote:...I still think that religion has much more disadvantages than advantages.
flip wrote:I started reading the Bible when I was 6, by the time I was 8 I was arguing with my parents at the dinner table.
Perfect illustration of the dangers of religion. Self-righteous eight year olds.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Hehe, you just a little ball of bitterness aint ya!?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Flip, you know that people have an amazing ability to spoil any good idea. I think the writers of the Bible were originally good purpose to help people understand their ignorance and direct their actions in line with the self-cultivation, morality and humanity. I think that communism and American Democracy, or discovery of nuclear energy was a good idea and had a goal to help people in the progress of society and civilization. But, as we know, nuclear energy was used for military purposes, communism has become an alternative religion, and American democracy was used as an instrument of pressure and intimidation as a solution to economic and political issues.
We all know that sometimes the human mind refuses to believe in the reality of the situation. Therefore, it remains only to believe and hope for the best. And to change lives for the better by our strength and abilities. Everyone has enormous power to make this world a better place, regardless of his social status. If your faith in God helps you make the world a cleaner, better, I can tell you that you are not alone in your quest. Good people much more than moral monsters. Otherwise people would have long ago devoured each other.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

flip wrote:Hehe, you just a little ball of bitterness aint ya!?
Where do you see bitterness? Or is that the Christian thing where anyone who disagrees with you is angry because they don't have God's love? :lol:
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I wasn't the one disagreeing ;)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think the Bible could certainly have come from God originally. But it was written down by people who had their own assumptions and their own agendas. And then it was translated into Latin by people who had their own assumptions and their own agendas. I don't know how many more times it was translated before it reached our languages, but you get the idea. :lol:

Religious wars make no sense. Guys who go "The infidels won't be saved when they die, so we must kill them..." are using religion as an excuse to hide their real reasons for wanting a fight, and to get the blindly religious onto their side.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

That's the absolute truth Alter-Fox, concerning the New Testament anyways. See, the Old Testament came with the belief that God spoke to Moses and then everyone heard God at the mountain speak. So, it scared those people so badly that they said for Moses to tell God to never speak to them ever again and that they would do anything Moses told them too. So, they did and the Law of Moses was established. Now the scribes who copied the text did not have to understand what they were copying, they were commanded to pass it down exactly as it had been received. So, this is where you hear Jesus saying "that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until all things are fulfilled." The scribes would count every single letter and mark then put a number beside the line, then recount several times to make sure that not even one period was missed. So, we can be pretty sure of the integrity of the Old Testament. Now, I have found at least 1 addition to the New Testament that does not even exist in the Greek, so the Gentiles definitely did not respect the Word near as much as the Jews did the law. The Word got trampled when the Gentiles got ahold of it and I have found pretty compelling evidence that the New Testament was actually written in Hebrew itself and then translated to the Greek, so some dilution does occur. Fact is though, if you are sincerely seeking for the truth, it is all there, but you have to be careful to compare it against every other writer because there is some leaven in the New Testament that perverts the image of God and His Son. It may seem an honor to think Jesus equal to God the Father but in fact it diminishes them both. It diminishes the fact that Jesus did what He did somewhat against His own will, but did it anyways because of His great love for the Father. It diminishes God by fracturing Him into three individuals or worse like He has multiple personalities.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'd have a hard time believing that absolutely nobody ever who copied or translated the Old Testament had their own agenda or their own misunderstandings. Especially after taking psychology.
I certainly would believe for a few generations after that event that nobody would dare to change a word, but shock wears off over time, no matter how big it was to begin with. I mean, look at the people who deny the holocaust ever happened, even less than 100 years after it did happen. You wouldn't necessarily need to go that far, just to change a word or two after several hundred years -- and after several hundred years its unlikely anyone alive would notice a difference in one or two words. A culture is made out of thousands of people each with their own differences after all -- it's not homogenous.

Even if I can't convince you on that point, there's still the matter of translations.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Na see, that's what pissed me off so much when I found that addition. My argument for many years was that the Bible was written over a period of about 1500-1600 years, by over 40 different authors, on three different continents and in different languages but there is not one contradiction in it. See, the only tampering I found did cause a contradiction. Paul calls God the God and Father of our Lord Jesus. In Revelation, John writes that it is the Spirit speaking, yet it is plainly Jesus saying He will write the name of His God on our foreheads and His new name. A name that will no longer be the name above all names, which will belong to the Father alone when He hands the kingdom back over to God. That was a strong evidence towards the Word being divinely inspired. These people had never read each others works, never met each other and even lived in different millennia from each other, yet they stayed in complete agreement.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Wow again. Total ★■◆●ing derail w/ unsolicited bull★■◆● I would call trolling.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

HAPPY EASTER!

I really celebrated and ended up in a chocolate coma all day yesterday.......and today. Errrrrp! :mrgreen:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

LOL! As if! It amazes me how people always seem to be able to identify things they cannot realize about themselves! Anyways, why do you even care? I was responding to Alter-Fox and expressing my personal beliefs about Easter. Did you hear me say anything about you disrespecting my beliefs and the Son of My God? No, because you have that right in my mind. Simmer down. In fact that's what people don't realize they refuse when they refuse God. A stable mind.

EDIT: In fact, I could have said more about your Zombie remark but I thought better of it ;)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

flip wrote:I wasn't the one disagreeing ;)
But you were the one accusing.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Grendel wrote:Wow again. Total ★■◆●ing derail w/ unsolicited bull★■◆● I would call trolling.
It's the Disciple Bulletin Board dude. It can't be helped.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

No, I was conversing, then "you" accuse me of being a self-righteous 8 year old.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

In fact, let me set the record straight for the self-deluded. My comments were direct responses to both Sigma and Alter-Fox. They gave their views I responded with mine and then you, Grendel and Ferno lost your minds.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Ferno wrote:It's the Disciple Bulletin Board dude. It can't be helped.
More comedy gold right there. I award you 5 Interwebz. :)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Grendel and Ferno lost your minds.
More comedy gold here, but not in a good way.