"Old" player checking in

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Combat Chris
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

"Old" player checking in

Post by Combat Chris »

Hey there everyone!

Some of you may remember me from earlier days. My username was Unix and I was moderately active on the forums and logged a few thousand hours on PXO and then Vortex. The other day I noticed D3 was released on Steam and it got me reminiscing about the game that I'd sunk a large majority of my childhood into. I checked here and sure enough the community is still kicking!

So, I'm interested in getting back into the game but I'm no longer the owner of a 3DPro (or the USB adapter). I did find this from the Sidewinder wikipedia page, so I suppose I could buy a 3DPro from eBay and then build the adapter, but I'm not sure I want to invest that much effort at this point.

Any recommendations on a USB joystick that's comparable to the 3DPro?

Are people playing through the Steam interface or still sticking to Vortex? What's the best way to get back into the fray?
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: "Old" player checking in

Post by Behemoth »

Can try the logitech extreme 3dpro, it's a good joystick in its own right.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: "Old" player checking in

Post by Money! »

Hey man, Unix sounds familiar. Welcome back.

It's getting pretty difficult to find a game nowadays. I have no experience w/ Steam but I'll use Vortex or Ryu's Descent Valhalla tracker (http://www.descentvalhalla.com/tracker/) to find games. Sometimes you gotta sit and wait for someone to join. Check out Behe's post in the multiplayer thread, he's trying to get a consensus on good times to play.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over