by the way.....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: by the way.....

Post by sigma »

Will Robinson wrote:
sigma wrote:..
Have you noticed that American ideology simply can not exist without an external enemy? Even if there is no real threat to the United States, then they artificially create it! American ideology is based on the fact that they constantly need someone to rescue and provide assistance to someone, even if it is not needed. USA constantly artificially create disorder in the world. ISIS is a creature of the United States. Loonies on whole head, American politicians created an organization to blow the fire in the Middle East, and as a result, the fire spread to the United States.
That is a weightless criticism coming from the man who blames everything his country does wrong on an external enemy.
People who do not have enough brains to understand what they see in the mirror, it's just animals. And when a man becomes an animal, reasonable people do not even have to do anything. Crazy animal destroy itself, because when God wants to deprive any person of life, first of all, it deprives him of the mind.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

hell, I had to go back and read from the start to even recall what I was posting about at the outset....... :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:hell, I had to go back and read from the start to even recall what I was posting about at the outset....... :lol:
Well, I know it for a long time that you are using this typical method when you have nothing to say.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Policy makers have no authority to enforce law.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:Funny how quick Holders justice department jumped in on this one isn't it :P
can't imagine a more clear cut example of a situation that they are MANDATED BY LAW to get involved in, FAST.
the justice department yes. The AG himself not required.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sorry, CUDA, but as the chief law enforcement officer, it is sort of the AGs role to get involved and try and pacify a community torn up by a long history of questionable practices(in terms of policing and discrimination). Would you have preferred him to stay home and let the riots continue to ramp up? Why the hate of Holder. He's once again doing his job and doing such a better job of it than his predecessors, who seemed obsessed with rubberstamping things like the Patriot Act and other incursions into our freedoms, it is laughable to compare. Yet, you have some problem....why, again?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

sigma wrote:
callmeslick wrote:hell, I had to go back and read from the start to even recall what I was posting about at the outset....... :lol:
Well, I know it for a long time that you are using this typical method when you have nothing to say.

can you purchase a sense of humor there in Russia? If so, save some money and do so. Yeesh! :roll:
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:sorry, CUDA, but as the chief law enforcement officer, it is sort of the AGs role to get involved and try and pacify a community torn up by a long history of questionable practices(in terms of policing and discrimination). Would you have preferred him to stay home and let the riots continue to ramp up? Why the hate of Holder. He's once again doing his job and doing such a better job of it than his predecessors, who seemed obsessed with rubberstamping things like the Patriot Act and other incursions into our freedoms, it is laughable to compare. Yet, you have some problem....why, again?
OH THATS RIGHT I forgot........ I criticized a black politician. Shame on me. I forgot that's against the rules when you argue with a liberal, it derails their train of thought about honest debate and forces them to resort to their default status... the hate card....
childish and boring doesnt even begin to describe what that tact is. If you cannot see that the AG himself going to Ferguson wasn't to to defuse the situation but to show solidarity with the family then maybe you're not as intellectually honest as you try to portray yourself.

But I guess it's OK to call for the resignation of the prosecutor in the case because his father was killed by a black man 50 years ago, but its fine to have an AG that has made multiple racially inflamed staments to be involed in the investigation of this case. No double standard there at all. nope, not a bit.

I agree with Krom. Shut this forum down for a week. OR LONGER
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:sorry, CUDA, but as the chief law enforcement officer, it is sort of the AGs role to get involved and try and pacify a community torn up by a long history of questionable practices(in terms of policing and discrimination). Would you have preferred him to stay home and let the riots continue to ramp up? Why the hate of Holder. He's once again doing his job and doing such a better job of it than his predecessors, who seemed obsessed with rubberstamping things like the Patriot Act and other incursions into our freedoms, it is laughable to compare. Yet, you have some problem....why, again?
OH THATS RIGHT I forgot........ I criticized a black politician. Shame on me.
once again, I fail to see where I so much as mentioned race, color or ethnicity. It seems that YOU are a bit jumpy over the matter, as seen by the later part of your quote:
But I guess it's OK to call for the resignation of the prosecutor in the case because his father was killed by a black man 50 years ago, but its fine to have an AG that has made multiple racially inflamed staments to be involed in the investigation of this case. No double standard there at all. nope, not a bit.

I agree with Krom. Shut this forum down for a week. OR LONGER
if that would address the issue of over-inflated rhetoric such as the above(didn't 'call for the resignation' of anyone. Others did that.)why not give it a try?
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Although I have no real problem with the feds starting an investigation into this event, I do believe any such investigation owes as much to the cop as to Brown’s family, and should take place quietly behind the scenes, not in the spotlight.

From what I have seen all of this “looking to see if there was any civil rights violations” have shown a clear bias on the part of the AG, and lends to the trial my media effect we get in these cases.

The Brown’s can bring a civil rights case before federal court, and the government can provide all of the legal help it wants to on the side of the Brown’s…but not in this independent investigation, which seems more like a show of solidarity, than a proper impartial investigation.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

callmeslick wrote:
sigma wrote:

can you purchase a sense of humor there in Russia? If so, save some money and do so. Yeesh! :roll:
In fact, I still can not get used to the fact that Americans can say what something nasty on the verge of insult, and then say that it was just a joke. Americans have a peculiar sense of humor :) Therefore, you should not be offended if I will sometimes joke in the American style. :wink:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

CUDA wrote:OH THATS RIGHT I forgot........ I criticized a black politician.
More importantly, your only criticism seems to be that is his black, he is "friends" with Obama, and you don't like him. I've never seen you say anything substantive about him on policy. Then again I could be confusing you with the other nutcases here. Hard to tell the subtle differences between you.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
More importantly, your only criticism seems to be that is his black, he is "friends" with Obama, and you don't like him. I've never seen you say anything substantive about him on policy. Then again I could be confusing you with the other nutcases here. Hard to tell the subtle differences between you.
Ridiculous.
You have dodged more substantive discussion posted about Holder and Obama than anyone else including even slick! Plenty of it posted by CUDA.

and where did anyone complain that Holder was black?!?

You are pathologically driven.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Will Robinson wrote:
vision wrote:
Ridiculous.
You have dodged more substantive discussion posted about Holder and Obama than anyone else including even slick! Plenty of it posted by CUDA.

and where did anyone complain that Holder was black?!?

You are pathologically driven.

don't like it? no one's stopping you from leaving.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:You have dodged more substantive discussion posted about Holder and Obama than anyone else including even slick! Plenty of it posted by CUDA.
ORLY?

Here is some of that "substantive discussion" over the last year...
Will Robinson wrote:Holder is such a tool. A coward hiding behind the race card.
From "The collateral damage of the race pimps war for power"
woodchip wrote:I hope you don't mind when the next AG is a white redneck and balances out what Holder has done.
From "And There You Go"
Will Robinson wrote:Just because Obama's Attny. Gen. Eric Holder has said it isn't possible for black people to commit hate crimes against white people and has directed his Justice Departmant to NOT follow the law and prosecute a hate crime against a white person where it applies doesn't mean there is no law!... "Change you can believe in".....if you are a black person with a sense of vengeance for the crimes of the ancestors of some white people.
From "And There You Go"
Will Robinson wrote:...the DOJ had investigated the charges and the race card was completely rejected...this was reported to Holder and Obama and they just kept acting as though it was an open investigation....They had to do that to justify all their involvement in what was clearly none of the Feds business!
From "anyone really surprised?"
Will Robinson wrote:And the subsequent efforts of Holder, Obama, Sharpton, etc to gin up racial strife where there was no racial component found to Z's motives...
From "Who is the more creepy assed Cracka?"
Will Robinson wrote:How many times has DOJ sent people to deal with black on black crime? You are foolish if you think Holder and company weren't down there stirring the pot.
From "Star Witness"

These are the "substantive discussions" where Holder's name has been dropped over the last year. Not surprisingly, almost all of them are all about race and you had the loudest voice in every thread (and including this thread).

As for what the Attorney General's responsibilities are, they are very wide in scope:

"And there shall also be appointed a meet person, learned in the law, to act as attorney-general for the United States, who shall be sworn or affirmed to a faithful execution of his office; whose duty it shall be to prosecute and conduct all suits in the Supreme Court in which the United States shall be concerned, and to give his advice and opinion upon questions of law when required by the President of the United States, or when requested by the heads of any of the departments, touching any matters that may concern their departments, and shall receive such compensation for his services as shall by law be provided."
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Vision you probably don't even realize how silly you look right now. I almost feel sorry for you at this point.

In an attempt to prove we don't make substantive arguments about Holders/Obama's policy you point to the proof that we in fact do and that you are wrong!

Selectively choosing the parts where race is a factor in the application or refusal to apply the law/policy gets you the words 'black' or 'African American' etc in your quotes but NO WHERE is there criticism based on their race. Only how they use it like demagogues and agitators and anyone who reads those scary words in context will see the substance of our complaint is all about policy and tactics and community agitation based on race and NOT a bunch of complaints they are black.

You failed. Again.

What you are seeing is the result of the efforts you have made, repeatedly, to dodge the arguments put forth and your attempts to diminish them by playing the race card.
You are experiencing the negative effects of your own denial and dishonesty.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:Vision you probably don't even realize how silly you look right now. I almost feel sorry for you at this point.

In an attempt to prove we don't make substantive arguments about Holders/Obama's policy you point to the proof that we in fact do and that you are wrong!
um, that wasn't what he was pointing out. He WAS pointing out that you all seem incapable of criticizing Holder without injecting race into the discourse. And, he succeeded. You protesting, 'no we didn't' is sort of hollow-sounding, sorry.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:NO WHERE is there criticism based on their race.
woodchip wrote:I hope you don't mind when the next AG is a white redneck and balances out what Holder has done.
:lol: LOL. No racism here!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Vision you probably don't even realize how silly you look right now. I almost feel sorry for you at this point.

um, that wasn't what he was pointing out. He WAS pointing out that you all seem incapable of criticizing Holder without injecting race into the discourse. And, he succeeded. You protesting, 'no we didn't' is sort of hollow-sounding, sorry.
Actually Holder does that to himself if you bothered to pay attention.

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

It is his JOB as Attorney General to comment, investigate and interject himself in any case of systematic racial predjudice that results in loss of Constitutional rights. Not quite the same thing as the priceless Woody comment and others cited above. Look in the mirror, and in this thread, CUDA. I mentioned the role of the AG by LAW and Constitutional Mandate. I noted that you seem to have no real reason for your criticism. Then, YOU turned it into a matter of someone claiming racial predjudice. YOU brought race into the discussion. I consciously avoided anything of the sort.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

No I didn't. this whole discussion is about Race. that is what the situation in Ferguson is about. were you sleeping during the riots???

the AG is not solely limited to matter of race. his job is to enforce the law. which one could claim he does very selectively except when a matter of race is involved.
In the OP you wrote:he has a national-focus race riot brewing
so lets start again, who brought up race?????

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:No I didn't. this whole discussion is about Race. that is what the situation in Ferguson is about. were you sleeping during the riots???

the AG is not solely limited to matter of race. his job is to enforce the law. which one could claim he does very selectively except when a matter of race is involved.
I brought up STATE leadership during an rather obvious race riot, and you chose to whine about the AG doing his job. I made no reference to race in my commentary that he was doing his job, but you had to interject your whitey-whine about race and his job performance. Now, while I acknowledged the obvious, that there was a race-related situation going on(more the street demonstations and police response, not really dealing with the original event), I didn't bring up racism at any point in the discussion of addressing the situation from the local point of view.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:No I didn't. this whole discussion is about Race. that is what the situation in Ferguson is about. were you sleeping during the riots???

I brought up STATE leadership during an rather obvious race riot, and you chose to whine about the AG doing his job. I made no reference to race in my commentary that he was doing his job, but you had to interject your whitey-whine about race and his job performance. Now, while I acknowledged the obvious, that there was a race-related situation going on(more the street demonstations and police response, not really dealing with the original event), I didn't bring up racism at any point in the discussion of addressing the situation from the local point of view.
are you implying that the AG has not made racially charged comments in the past??

I want this for the record,

because the point I made was VERY valid. the Black community is calling for the dismissal of a white DA based on the fact that his father was killed by a black man 50 years ago. and he has had NO RECORD of discrimination ever. not to mention when it was pointed out to a (I believe) congress woman that he had just recently been elected to his position Again for the 4th?? time. her comment was he was not elected by the black community.

yet it's perfectly fine to bring in a "black" AG that HAS recently made racially charged comments in to a Highly racially charged situation and this is OK with you???

why should a" White" prosecutor be asked to recuse himself and not a "Black" CLEARLY Biased investigator??

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Shut up whitey whiner...
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:[are you implying that the AG has not made racially charged comments in the past??
yup. Maybe YOU, and others, wish to see them as 'charged' but to my point of view Eric Holder has been extremely restrained, almost self-aware of his skin color and the scrutiny remarks on Civil Rights issues receive.
I want this for the record,
the word 'broken' should be placed before the word 'record', and you might get a glimpse of how I feel reading these sorts of threads.
because the point I made was VERY valid. the Black community is calling for the dismissal of a white DA based on the fact that his father was killed by a black man 50 years ago. and he has had NO RECORD of discrimination ever. not to mention when it was pointed out to a (I believe) congress woman that he had just recently been elected to his position Again for the 4th?? time. her comment was he was not elected by the black community.
still waiting for where Holder contributed to this in any way. You seem to leave him out of the narrative. He doesn't have the power to silence anyone, CUDA.
yet it's perfectly fine to bring in a "black" AG that HAS recently made racially charged comments in to a Highly racially charged situation and this is OK with you???
didn't see any comments that struck me as 'charged'. Now, I was out of the news cycle for a week or two there, so can you fill me in with the details on this one? I could have easily missed something, but can't see anything to comment on at the moment.

why should a" White" prosecutor be asked to recuse himself and not a "Black" CLEARLY Biased investigator??
I am rather sure the legal system will base ANY decision on a bit more than those criteria.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:NO WHERE is there criticism based on their race.
:lol: LOL. No racism here!
No. There isnt. Do you know the difference between racism and other things? Do you even know the definition of racism?

That statement by woodchip implies that Holder, in his capacity as AG, has improperly performed his duty and likely done so along racial lines in some way that an equally improper performance but from the other extreme of the 'racially motivated' spectrum would be delivered by a "white redneck" AG.

I guess you can say Woody has racially insulted white rednecks in a racially charged way because he spoke about them as a group but he only cited a single man in Holders indictment. But then qualifying the whites by subgroup: redneck, sort of makes the white component irellevent. He implies that there are rednecks of other colors/races by doing that so you really don't even get to call him racist there either...

He has impugned rednecks for having a tendency to perform in a racially pro white manner similar to the way Holder has performed in a pro black manner.
Your assertion that Woody has criticized anyones race in his comments is very weak.

What else can you accurately infer from the actual statement that supports your claim that I left out?

Now, you can certainly imply all sorts of things, but there is no evidence that woodchip has a racist's intent or that he has impuned Holders race. He has gone after the man, not his race. He has highlighted his performance, not his race.

You are just so lost in the discussion because you so dearly need it to be about a racist attacking a black man. You are prepared to fight back against that bogey man. You are ill prepared to fight back against the substantive criticism of the policy and performance of an AG that happens to be black and often focuses, to all our detriment, on race in his poor performance.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:

No slick. What he did say...actually did say... is:
So we don't need you to try and rewrite his words for him. Send him a private message if you feel the need to try and bail him out.

He implied very plainly, albeit with some misspelling, that the only criticisms made against Holder are about his race and not about his policy/performance.
That is clearly untrue, and as I pointed out, he even linked numerous threads where you will find we took issue with performance and policy and did not criticize him for being black or for being Obama's friend. Holder has certainly made race a focus of his ill performance but that is no reason to accept your false premise that we can not criticize a performance that has a racial component inserted by the performer we are critiquing. You don't get to invent that protection for him.

Your race-card fu is as weak as visions. Not surprising since you both study at the same dojo where tired old hacks program weak minds to impale their dignity upon the pikes of reality and truth. Your race-card account is overdrawn. transaction refused.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote:That statement by woodchip implies that Holder, in his capacity as AG, has improperly performed his duty and likely done so along racial lines in some way that an equally improper performance but from the other extreme of the 'racially motivated' spectrum would be delivered by a "white redneck" AG.
Riiiiiight. I get it. You aren't calling someone a racist when simply comparing them to other racists. Nice trick.

So maybe every AG before Holder was also acting improperly toward race? Or is that impossible since whites are better?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote:....Riiiiiight. I get it. You aren't calling someone a racist when simply comparing them to other racists. Nice trick. ...
The only trick is the one you are playing on yourself trying to fit this through a template that would deliver your bogeyman.

He suggested Holders policy that selectively favors his own race is creating the very imbalance that Holder is supposedly is trying to remedy with that policy

He used hyperbole to compare Holders policy to that of the racist bogeyman that you would detest so you might consider the negative effect of that policy.

So if you insist on ignoring the context and nuance and just want to stick your fingers in your ears and chant aloud nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa! I can't hear you!! go ahead.

It's just like when you tried to suggest comparing someone to Chamberlain is really code for comparing them to Hitler and thus you get to shout down the debate by invoking the ridiculous Godwins meme. Don't forget to grab your ball too when you run home to mommy...
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

LOL Will your posts over the last few months read like someone who is about to have a nervous breakdown. Everything you say is ramped up to the extremes and is 90% ad hominem. You should take a break and go fishing like slick.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

vision wrote:LOL Will your posts over the last few months read like someone who is about to have a nervous breakdown. Everything you say is ramped up to the extremes and is 90% ad hominem. You should take a break and go fishing like slick.
on that note, with my birthday tomorrow and red drum running into the creeks, I'm off for a week of fishing and seafood! Also, have to get the fishing retreat in VA ready for the fall/winter angling season(actually, it's the northeasters and late hurricanes I'm prepping for, the fishermen are pretty harmless)
George Orwell---"1984"