Would someone please help?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

ArgusX10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Would someone please help?

Post by ArgusX10 »

I will appreciate it very much if there is someone that can tell me what has happened to Artur ("Metalbeast").
I never met him in person but we became friends on the internet as a result of his invitation to place work I had done on his website "3d-get.de/metalbeast/forum".

In messages sent back and forth Artur explained that he had become affected with a serious condition. As time went by he felt that medical help was on the way to curing him. The last time he visited his "Metalbeast" site was 1 January 2012. Between then and now hackers got to his site and ruined it. Someone finally closed viewing the content of the site. I am still a member but when I sign in the ability to view is still closed.

Somehow, I am afraid that the condition he had contracted became so serious that it caused him to die.

I will appreciate it very much if there is someone who can tell me what has happened to Artur. Sending a PM will be appreciated if the information is private.

Thank you very much for your help.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Would someone please help?

Post by Alter-Fox »

As far as I know, he recovered (for a certain value of recovered, but he said his life wasn't in danger anymore), then he made the two extra ship models for D2X-XL, then he stopped coming around very much. As I remember it sounded like that was for a completely unrelated reason... you'd be better off talking to Karx11erx, since Metalbeast for the most part posted on the German section of the Descent2.de forum. They worked closely together on different parts of D2X-XL so Karx might have a better idea of where he is right now.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
ArgusX10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ArgusX10 »

Alter-Fox;

Thank you for your tip to get in touch with karx11erx. I have sent him a PM.

According to the DBB record he visited the DBB the last time in June of this year.

It may be awhile before I hear from him . . . . :)

EDIT:

I found an E-Mail address at hotmail.com and sent a note to karx11erx and deleted the PM . . . Thanks again :)

ArgusX10
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Last visit to descent2.de "Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:47 am"
So it's been a while since he was there too...
ArgusX10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ArgusX10 »

Karx11erx replied to the E-Mail I sent to him. He said that he had lost track of MetalBeast long
before I had . . .
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Yeah, I've also tried to contact MetalBeast several times to no avail.

He kindly donated some webspace to me some years ago (In fact, my Pumo Software website is located at his 3d-get.de space, just for the record), and as for now, my website is working alright on that space so I suppose he's around there, but alas, everytime I send an E-Mail to him I get no response.

I also saw him connected on Skype about a year ago (maybe less) and sent him a message, but didn't got a reply either.
I Haven't used Skype since then, so I don't know for sure if he has connected more recently.

I hope he's doing well.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
ArgusX10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ArgusX10 »

Thank you Pumo . . .

I hope that if MetalBeasts health has indeed returned that he is doing well too.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Good news, today I received a reply to an E-Mail I sent to Metalbeast, so no need to worry argusX10. :)

However, he said he's not checking his E-Mail too often due to lack of time, as he's unfortunately having some family/private problems.
I don't if you already have his E-Mail if you want to contact him in case he can make some time to check it. If you don't, tell me to send it to you through PM.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
ArgusX10
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ArgusX10 »

Thank you Pumo. I appreciate your posting the information.

Please forgive my late reply. I do not visit the DBB too often.

Thank you very much. I have received an E-Mail from Artur.

Argus