My music site

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

My music site

Post by SilverFJ »

Long time no post... I just started this site not too long ago. Check it out!

http://www.jnicmusic.com
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: My music site

Post by sigma »

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

SilverFJ wrote:Long time no post... I just started this site not too long ago. Check it out!

http://www.jnicmusic.com
:)
Well done!
But
In my opinion, this is a typical American music, which is no different from the folklore of the southern states of the USA. For example, the music of the peoples of Kamchatka (it's across the Bering Strait from Alaska) goes something like this :wink:

http://pleer.com/tracks/129156865f2v

P.S. And by the way, Bristol Bay is located in the UK, but not in Alaska. Maybe I have something wrong translated?
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I do not quite understand, where the Americans in this forum? Why still no one corrected me that Bristol Bay in Alaska have?!

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You're the silly foreigner that decided not to believe the website in the first place. :P ;)

I like it, FJ, but you seriously need a better recording setup (both for voice and the guitar).
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

It seems that you need to re-read my post, to understand what I'm pointing to the lack of authenticity of the northern peoples in music SilverFJ. I do not hear in his works reflected national music Alaska Native - Athabasca, Haida, Inuits, Aleuts, etc. Now his music is not different from the standard music of the American cowboy. I think SilverFJ is perfectly understood what I meant, unlike your deep knowledge of the orchestration and styles of music.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

So you're psychic and I'm stupid about music? ;)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Of course, everyone has their own tastes. Just you perceive music as a listener, and I as a kind of DJ, who loves to do himself mixes and who understands the music a little bit more than you. SilverFJ makes beautiful music, but I always want to improve everything...
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I've always had the view that music isn't so much about what the listener likes as being about what the artist likes.
Hopefully it's not about what the record label likes over what the artist likes, but that does happen. :P

Kind of like reading -- I might criticize how someone tells their story but I'd never criticize what story they choose to tell.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Except for Twilight. We can criticize the ★■◆● out of that.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Hey thanks for the good words and input.
My music is more western, the subject material is oftentimes about Alaska because of the seasonal work I do there.

As for a better setup for voice and guitar, I agree. I have a little station with a YETI pro-mike, FL Studio 11, and Beats Studio headphones to hear it through while I recorded. HOWEVER, my interest in computers ended when I stopped playing Descent a long time ago, and I don't really know how to use all this stuff! It'll take me some time to learn all the little intricacies. The recordings with the lyrics and pictures were both done on a single Rock Band game USB mic plugged into the computer on Audacity, and the other ones are my stock webcam and mic.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

It is generally a good idea to figure things like this out for yourself -- it's more rewarding and you learn them better... although "figuring things out yourself" is always relative, cuz no-one's an island. Unless they live alone on a desert island with no phone or internet, but if they do that then they're not here. :lol:
One of the things that really helped me take myself to a new level was a course in live sound engineering. It's not exactly the same thing as recording at home with a computer or in a studio, but it gave me a really good background on how and why things work, which is a very useful framework of knowledge for recording or performing anywhere -- cuz when you know how things work you know what you're doing when you're playing around with them. As far as I know the course itself is specific to Red River College, and I've heard that courses like it are pretty rare (specifically that this is the only one in Canada). The textbook should be easier to find -- I could point you in its general direction if you'd like.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Yeah that would be great. I barely know how too run an EQ on a car sterio. When I try to record things on this pro equipment it's so sensitive I don't know how to filter out noise, etc...
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

The book's called Live Sound Reinforcement and it's by Scott Hunter Stark.
As I recall it wasn't very expensive for a textbook; but that's not saying much. :D