Post pics of your Descent collections :D

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Isaac wrote:You're such a tough guy. Edit: HAHA! Yeah, you're the smart guy.
Yeaps I am awesome and much smarter than you ;)

Isaac you are pushing it kid. I like IP's and hmm might give me a wonderful idea for my russian friends.

But then again it's probably not wroth it or are you not worth it?

Makes me wonder, but then again if you are uhm smart :roll: LMAO prove it then instead of defending yourself ike some retard on the net.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

@ Adinistrators of this place.

Please remove my account I do not want to be a part of this website, it's an order remove my account and ban me I have no other use for this place, make it quick please.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Gold Leader wrote:Makes me wonder, but then again if you are uhm smart :roll: LMAO prove it then instead of defending yourself ike some retard on the net.
Sure.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

LOl a rebel scum meltdown. So you just going to let down the Rebel Alliance like that are you? Use the force Gold Leader. :lol:
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

The admins here move at a snail's pace.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I really wasn't trying to insult him in that post I was asking him to stay.

Honestly Gold, I'm sorry if I accidentally offended you and would like you to stay. Offending was not my original intention.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Thanks for the apollogy Isaac, it's thatl I just had two deaths the past 7 days and a rough time before and after that as well.

One was an good unlce of mine from guttery and bone cancer adn the other was a good friend from MSI nick named CJ from a double Lung infection @ age 34 thenmy part was that the docs found out what hard to treat immuune illness I have which is called Sarcoidosus which can lead to cancer at older age.

So all in all that with all what went on here I just can't take it anymore, it just hurts.

Anyways I relisted the entire collection with some sweet updates also.

Anyways back to the topic shall we :)

The Good news is that Freespace part of the World's Largest Descent / Freespace collection has been completed 8)

Meet Freespace2 Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition number 0953 of 2000!
Image Image Image

It seems to be a limited produced version of Freespace2 Sci-Fi Sim of the Year Edition

As you can see that the front boxart of the FS2 Anni are lighter in coloration than that of the Sci-Fi Edition, The Anni also misses PXO logo and the www.freespace2.com website url:
These differences can be spotted on the bottom rear sides of the boxes.

The Entire Freespace Collection as it is of now 8)

Well, that was Freespace so far, it's smaller than I though it would be, but very interesting none the less.

The only ones I seek now are these in boxed or factory sealed condition:

Descent: First Strike for Apple Macintosh:

Descent II: Countertrike for Apple Macintosh:

Descent 3: The Saga Continues for apple Macintosh:

So yeah it's pretty much complete now 8)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Something nice arrived today from MasternX a guy that has a contact with one of the cleaners that worked @ Interplay HQ back in 2003 to 2004, when it was being cleared whafter it shut down.:)

So here's the parts in a one shot:

That frame hung in the Interplay HQ Office hallways, them CD-R's are host software of Descent 1 and 2, the one with the scratches is the Descent 1 Alpha disc, this is where it all began before it was going final, the one from 1996 is the host disk for Descent Annyversary Edition me thinks hence the date of the disk, unless some Interplay Employee's can help me out here!

Anyways this came to me all thanks to MasternX from this website:
http://forums.my-collections.eu/

However I just left that place, somethings didn't feel right, ah well no matter, sometimes it's best to leave a place before all hell breaks loose 8)
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

You do realize your coffee table is like putting a sign up that says \"nerd alert\"?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Thenior wrote:You do realize your coffee table is like putting a sign up that says "nerd alert"?
I do that with out a coffee table.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Just a few VGA cards in there, High End VGA cards, including a few Engineering Samples from Array Technology Industry & NVIDIA Coperation... ;)

It fits in my living room perfectly ;)

I collect various things and no you don't have to be a nerd for that ;)

Peace.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Can you show the snake? :D :D
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

You married? No wife I know of would allow a coffee table like that! :)
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

Thenior wrote:You married? No wife I know of would allow a coffee table like that! :)
I bet Drakona would let Lothar do that, if he was so inclined.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

LOL I'd never met so many geeks till I started playing Descent :D
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

snoopy wrote:
Thenior wrote:You married? No wife I know of would allow a coffee table like that! :)
Not with video cards. Avionics, maybe.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by snoopy »

Lothar wrote:
snoopy wrote:
My wife would probably buy into avionics, too.

Video cards would not fly, though. Pun.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

snoopy wrote:
Lothar wrote:
snoopy wrote:
My wife would probably buy into avionics, too.

Video cards would not fly, though. Pun.
P.S. Add me on Facebook.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Me married? Hah! :mrgreen: sorry fella's that would be a terrible waste of time lmao :mrgreen:

To be very honest,I just live alone, I prefer a peaceful life without the massive amount of limitations forced to my brain, if having a wife 8)

As for my job, I had one, 100% disabled now, the cards were from some sepperate savings I did after selling my entire 3dfx collection, which included over 6 rare exottic Engineering Samples, I was done with 3dfx, even so the communities were falling apprt, also from the conflicts with it.

Made a good proffit and moved onwards by collecting ATi, NVIDIA and Matrox cards, mainly.

And the Descent / Freespace Collection has always been amajor thing that neevr left my dazzling mind, it offers much more oppertunities, it's soemthing that will always last til my last breath, grew up with Descent and Freespace like you bunch probably did ya know, so it's different, as for the snake in the window, that one is from IKEA rofl :mrgreen: :D

But hey, I don't mind what others think on how I may obtain these things, the importance of all is that I have kinda reached my main objectives on how I achieved them myself ;)

Peace.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Okay here it is, only two items missing within the uber shot, which is the Interplay 7 level Descent Demo USA mini boxed:

&

BytingEdge International Inc. USA Descent 3-D Air Combat 7 Level Descent Demo

And they are within one of them many boxes and no I am not gonna do this again, since I just tidied up rofl, So to relay it all for just two lousy items? uhm no rofl Image

Here the entire lot:

And only the boxes which is like 70% of the entire collection:

Anyways it's f*ck'n HUGE! And yeah it's bigger than I though it was really! Crikey it even scared me rofl Image Image

I also made a little tibutial video of this with Dire Staits - So Long, which still has to be converted to DivX, once I have uploaded it I will edit this post. I chose this song because iit took me so long to build this all up, to collect them and find them, you name it! Image

So yeah, since October 24, 1994 til this very day, it was well worth doing and yes I will keep on collecting if I come accross something I don't own yet, don't worry my friends, it will keep growing as long as I keep finding new items to add to it 8)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Post pics of your Descent collections :D

Post by vision »

I can't really compete with the breadth of these collections, but I did build a custom display case for mine. Yes, I used ceiling textures from the game and put LEDs behind them (they aren't very bright, the picture is over-exposed for dramatic effect).

Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

That's awesome! Love the models!
Man, wouldn't mind having them too!
Prepare for DESCENT!
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Beautiful case vision! Love it.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I hope that your collection of exhibits will be expanded :wink: It's great :)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think the case is more impressive than the collection :lol:
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Alter-Fox wrote:I think the case is more impressive than the collection :lol:
HAHA, very true!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I did not know how to correctly called this collection (showcase, biennale, vernissage, exposition, kiot), but it would be interesting to see this case in the interior.
Fnoigy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Fnoigy »

vision wrote:I can't really compete with the breadth of these collections, but I did build a custom display case for mine. Yes, I used ceiling textures from the game and put LEDs behind them (they aren't very bright, the picture is over-exposed for dramatic effect).

Holy crap, that is badass! You did an awesome job on the textures of the shelves! I'll have to post my shelf, it's not as cool though.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I'd post mine, but unfortunately; it was mostly destroyed by a pair of cats. The only two things that survived is the original D1 box and a peter telep novel.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In my opinion, these cats should be called terrorists :lol: :(