Connection reset?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Connection reset?

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've run into this every time I try to come here from my bookmark link during the first session in my browser (firefox) as of late. I at first get a plain white error page that says the connection was reset and to try again. So I click on try again and I get directed here just fine. Only happens when I first come here during a new session, not during subsequent attempts in the same browsing session.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Connection reset?

Post by Spidey »

I’m having a similar issue, the first time I browse here I get the error, then when I hit refresh, it logs on, I also get the error the first time I try to post.

I was going to say something in the feedback forum, but I have had problems with the site in the past, and they always seem to clear up.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, happens to me as well on my home page which is hosted on this same server, usually the host clears it up after a while. I noted it started recently when there was a major slowdown on the server one weekend, they are probably fighting off a DDoS attack or something of that nature and it'll clear up when whatever botnet responsible finally gives up.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, I noticed that same slowdown, and this problem seems to be a lingering affect.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Glad to see it is not just me with that problem.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Glad here too. Hope the issue resolves soon. Just happened again as I came here.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Same here. Every first time I come it happens.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

there are bunch of ddoses going on
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Seems to be fixed. Not a problem today. Yay!