Hear this?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Hear this?

Post by woodchip »

Click on vid to hear sound. Pretty eerie stuff as it is heard all around the world for at least 10 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... ation.html
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Hear this?

Post by Jeff250 »

It sounds too synthetic to me. I wonder if the tones could be fit with tones on the western chromatic scale. Either way, I suspect it's a prank, but, a la crop circles, not necessarily by the people reporting the phenomenon.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I thought that too but perpetuating a 10 year hoax and no one being found out? Looking at some of the locals, there are some that appear to be out in the country. Now, how do you broadcast the sound in a sparsely populated area? Via some van parked in a out of the way spot? At any rate a interesting mystery and if a hoax kudos to those perpetuating it.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know, weird sounds have been recorded from the sky all over the world for at least a decade. Some of them are just not very explainable and some are saying it's God's trumpet, heralding the coming apocalypse. Who knows..... :huh:

[youtube]4JHAu5qDSgU[/youtube]
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Totally fake.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Even if it is real, it can probably be explained as some rare or improbable combination of atmospheric conditions permitting some otherwise ordinary sound to travel and reflect over an abnormal distance. If it was going dozens or even hundreds of miles, it could have distorted to something completely unrecognizable by the time it reached its destination, and that is before crappy cell phone cameras and microphones distorted it even further.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Some atmospheric thermalcline transmitting a distant sound and distorting it. Could be.....
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wouldn't a thermocline simply reflect and not amplify? And vision, why is it fake?

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Wouldn't a thermocline simply reflect and not amplify? And vision, why is it fake?
Clearly overdubbed. The sound refractions don't match the acoustic environment and the changes in camera angle/mic don't have corresponding frequency shifts where they should be. Completely obvious to someone like me with a background in sound engineering and multimedia creation. Source: I've done sound for films.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Sounds like something you'd hear in a large machine shop. Also, given the fact that it's "been heard for a decade" and people look weirded out (they'd be used to it by now if they were residents) leads me to believe that it's a fake video.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Sounds like the sound some kind of stuck valve would make as its forced open and metal rubs against metal, slowed down to 50% or less of realtime, partially looped, and overdubbed.

Some of the videos out there are obvious fakes as the ambient noise is monaural while the sky noise is in stereo, and vice versa.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉