Like him now?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Like him now?

Post by Tunnelcat »

Trump's mouth has finally run off the rails. He's insulted a decorated veteran, John McCain, as a coward. Even some of his "fans" booed him when he spouted that beauty. This coming from a man who got several student deferments during the Vietnam War. Then after his little rich boy student deferments run out, he just happens to get certified medically unfit except in cases of national emergency in 1968, 2 years after being declared 'medically fit' in 1966. In 1972, he gets a final 4-F, a permenant out. Uh, huh. Rich brat of wealthy family gets out of military service. How many times have we heard that one. :roll:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/t ... 20317.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t ... d=13492639

So my question is, especially to Woody, do you like Trump now?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Like him now?

Post by Vander »

Trump's just speaking for the purple band-aid set.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

A little soon to be appealing to liberals.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

as some wag put it this morning, the main difference between Trump and McCain is that Trump shot himself down.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:Trump's mouth has finally run off the rails. He's insulted a decorated veteran, John McCain, as a coward. Even some of his "fans" booed him when he spouted that beauty. This coming from a man who got several student deferments during the Vietnam War. Then after his little rich boy student deferments run out, he just happens to get certified medically unfit except in cases of national emergency in 1968, 2 years after being declared 'medically fit' in 1966. In 1972, he gets a final 4-F, a permenant out. Uh, huh. Rich brat of wealthy family gets out of military service. How many times have we heard that one. :roll:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/t ... 20317.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-t ... d=13492639

So my question is, especially to Woody, do you like Trump now?
Do I like what he said? No. Do I like what he says about politics, yes. Lets not forget Billy bob Clinton fled out of country so he wouldn't get drafted so I don't see much regard at that end. Will Trump actually do more for the Military than Hillary Clinton or her Husband ever did? Yes. So one comment ain't a deal breaker for me. I'll just wait and see how the Rep. field plays out. The Dems, sadly, have no one to inspire anyone.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Lets not forget Billy bob Clinton fled out of country so he wouldn't get drafted so I don't see much regard at that end.
yeah, Woody, it is shocking more kids didn't attempt to win Rhodes Scholarships and take that intellectually easy route...... :roll:
Will Trump actually do more for the Military than Hillary Clinton or her Husband ever did? Yes. So one comment ain't a deal breaker for me. I'll just wait and see how the Rep. field plays out. The Dems, sadly, have no one to inspire anyone.
we have a guy who served in Vietnam........Plus, 'one comment'? Seriously? The guy has been an insulting, pompous, arrogant jerk for a matter of weeks, now. This is the tone the GOP has spent years bringing to fruition. May they live and die with the monster they've created.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Shall I bring up the monster called Hillary who's only interests is lining her pockets and would sell out this country to get the presidency? She's got a D in front of her name so that is all that is important.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Shall I bring up the monster called Hillary who's only interests is lining her pockets and would sell out this country to get the presidency? She's got a D in front of her name so that is all that is important.
not to those of us actually participating in the primary process.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

She still leads in the Dem polls

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Do I like what he said? No. Do I like what he says about politics, yes. Lets not forget Billy bob Clinton fled out of country so he wouldn't get drafted so I don't see much regard at that end. Will Trump actually do more for the Military than Hillary Clinton or her Husband ever did? Yes. So one comment ain't a deal breaker for me. I'll just wait and see how the Rep. field plays out. The Dems, sadly, have no one to inspire anyone.
Seriously woody? The guy calls a decorated vet stupid and a coward, a vet who ejected from his stricken plane, broke both arms and a leg in the process, gets captured by the enemy and tortured and held prisoner for years and you think Trump should get a pass even when he won't apologize? I had a post removed by Foil and even I had the temerity to apologize. The man is crass jerk and has the overblown ego to match and you want him as president? You must be desperate to want elect yet another draft dodger as Commander in Chief (Bush W. by way, not only Clinton). :roll:

By the way, Clinton only leads in the polls because the main news media is still putting her front and center. She is dropping slowly however. It would almost be comical if old Bernie dethrowned her.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Did we ever hear Hillary apologize to the loved ones of the 4 who died in Benghazi after her "Ehat difference does it make "statement"? Or Bill allowing the sale of a high tech company (Loral) to the Chi-coms after they donated money to his campaign? No? So I ask you why the Rep. candidates have to apologize and the Dems never do?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I never heard Bush, Cheney or Rove apologize to the parents and families of those thousands of dead sons and daughters that were killed serving their country in their 2 illegal wars either.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Nor has Obama apologized for the thousands of dead soldiers under his watch.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Nor has Obama apologized for the thousands of dead soldiers under his watch.
thousands? Care to back that up, beyond suicides?
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:Nor has Obama apologized for the thousands of dead soldiers under his watch.
thousands? Care to back that up, beyond suicides?
Must be a lot of suicides or is this the lefts way of deflecting?:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2628 ... ghanistan/

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

your link shows less than 1000 during Obama's time in office. And, we both know it wasn't his idea to even BE in Afghanistan. Nice try. Oh, and Hillary did offer her condolances to those killed in Bengazi, went to one or two funerals. She has NOTHING to apologize for, though.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

back on point: I note the general silence from McCain himself. A good show of restraint and dignity. Hats off to him. Still, given his famous
temper, I am waiting to see what transpires should he run into the Donald in person. :twisted2:
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

callmeslick wrote:back on point: I note the general silence from McCain himself. A good show of restraint and dignity. Hats off to him. Still, given his famous
temper, I am waiting to see what transpires should he run into the Donald in person. :twisted2:
McCain did good once he finally spoke up.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/politics/ ... index.html

Vander, I don't get your point with the picture. Enlighten me.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

During the 2004 election, Republican convention goers took to wearing band-aids with little purple hearts to mock Kerry.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:your link shows less than 1000 during Obama's time in office. And, we both know it wasn't his idea to even BE in Afghanistan. Nice try. Oh, and Hillary did offer her condolances to those killed in Bengazi, went to one or two funerals. She has NOTHING to apologize for, though.
I suspect in your haste to mitigate, you forgot to hit the "next" button at the bottom of the chart.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:During the 2004 election, Republican convention goers took to wearing band-aids with little purple hearts to mock Kerry.
What did Kerry's swift boat crewman wear?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:What did Kerry's swift boat crewman wear?
Most of them wore Kerry/Edwards 2004 buttons. :)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny, I thought they wore " We Swift Boated Kerry" buttons. :wink:

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And I see Trump has surged back into the GOP lead.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:And I see Trump has surged back into the GOP lead.
as I said before, that speaks volumes for the GOP and it's imminent demise over the next decade. They created a hate machine, and are going to die, impaled on the horns of that beast they created. RIP.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The title of today's Des Moines Register editorial:
"Trump should pull the plug on his bloviating side show."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/politics/ ... editorial/

That about sums up Trump. If he does drop out, it's probably a guarantee he'll stick around as an independant candidate because his ego's too big to deal with anything other than success. That'll spoil the Republican's chances of winning office in 2016. :P

Vander, I forgot about that one with Kerry. :lol:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:And I see Trump has surged back into the GOP lead.
as I said before, that speaks volumes for the GOP and it's imminent demise over the next decade. They created a hate machine, and are going to die, impaled on the horns of that beast they created. RIP.
Well at least they are not killing babies and selling their parts like your ghoul Dems are.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:Well at least they are not killing babies and selling their parts like your ghoul Dems are.
basing a political philosophy on lies, such as the above, is part of the GOP beast and will be a part of the demise. First off, no one in the other political party is 'killing babies', nor 'selling their parts'. And, in an illegal, edited ''interview", it turns out that NO ONE, even in Planned Parenthood is, either.Giving away, at the patients behest, fetal tissue, is something completely different. But, twisting it into a catchy little lie is the backbone of what the empty morality of the GOP has produced. Enjoy the fruits of the labor of these past twenty years of hate.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I see slick is plying his new "GOP filled with Hate" meme to the fullest. Why do the Dems hate unborn babies so and want to get rich off their parts? (note slicks weak defense and use of his opinion as proof it is a lie)

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I see slick is plying his new "GOP filled with Hate" meme to the fullest. Why do the Dems hate unborn babies so and want to get rich off their parts? (note slicks weak defense and use of his opinion as proof it is a lie)
what Dems wish to do so? Let's see your proof, and remember your assertion('dems hate unborn babies so, and want to get rich off their parts). Come on, Woody, put up the goods!

(this should be good, as no one ever remotely discussed selling body parts...[ removed ]).
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Why do the Dems hate unborn babies so and want to get rich off their parts? (note slicks weak defense and use of his opinion as proof it is a lie)
Babies are stupid, noisy, messy, and smelly. Of course any correct thinking person would try to rid the world of them. And why not do it at a profit?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

proof, please, Woody?
George Orwell---"1984"
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Keep it professional, guys. Demands for "proof" (whatever that could be in this context) is one thing. Personal shots are another.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I see slick is plying his new "GOP filled with Hate" meme to the fullest. Why do the Dems hate unborn babies so and want to get rich off their parts? (note slicks weak defense and use of his opinion as proof it is a lie)

yet, Foil, you kept this intact? Consistency, and professionalism please, from all corners.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

callmeslick wrote:yet, Foil, you kept [ quote ] intact?
Yes.

From a moderator's perspective, there is a distinct difference between:
  • statements of the form "[party/group/view] is [opinion] because [blah]" (i.e. 95% of the political debate in here is of this form. If you find it wrong, then counter it professionally.)
  • statements of the form, "[DBB member] says [opinion]" (i.e. Statements about perceived opinions. If they're wrong, then counter them professionally.)
  • statements like, "[DBB member] is [personal shot]" (this will be removed as soon as I see it).
Don't confuse these.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:proof, please, Woody?
well there are now 2 videos. How many more will it take for you to understand Planned Parenthood is one step away from producing Solient Green food for the homeless?

"In the second video released today by the Center for Medical Progress, yet another senior medical adviser to Planned Parenthood of America appears to negotiate the price of selling baby body parts to actors playing entrepreneurs from a start-up biotech firm."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ody-parts/

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Note: I'm not seeing the connection between the original topic (Trump) and the abortion tangent.

Let's keep it on-topic, guys. (Unless you can show they are related?)