Let's Play CTF! Round #2!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play CTF! Round #2!

Post by Lady Silver »

Time for another Descent 3 CTF game!
Date: Friday night, July 31st
Time: 10 pm EST and beyond ;)
Place: Worlds Apart 2 and Glyphic Teams

We will start the night in Worlds Apart 2, moving onto Glyphic Teams afterwards.
These games can be found using the descent trackers, but I will also provide the IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is also being posted on the Descent Champions Ladder and the Descendant Studios forums.

Thanks goes to Foil for once again hosting the servers for us!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Let's Play CTF! Round #2!

Post by Foil »

Unfortunately I won't be able to join, but I'm happy to serve it up. :)
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

If I understand correctly, that's a very early Saturday morning on this side of the Atlantic, then:

5AM / in Central Europe (4AM in the UK; 6AM in Greece; 7AM in Moscow and Finland). http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cest

Not trying to discourage you, but I thought I'd let you know that the chosen EST time (really EST?) - on a Friday - won't fit for this side of the pond.

Australia could get the chance to join (13h on Saturday in Sydney if I'm right).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can lure a decent number of Descenters to the CTF! :-)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

I see what your saying Do_Checkor.
Someone suggested I make these games Sunday afternoon so our friends from across the pond can join us, but I'm often not home Sunday afternoons. I work every Saturday, so during the day is not an option there either. :cry:
If I scheduled it early afternoon on one of my days off during the week, most of the pilots here would probably be at work.
I'm not sure what to do.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Why not both?

Schedule a set of games to be hosted for the weekend, and list two timeframes (e.g. Friday night (US) / Saturday morning (EU) and also Sunday afternoon (US) / Sunday night (EU) ).

Then join in when you can. (e.g. I'd jump in a Sunday game for sure.)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

That is an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that? I will deff do something like that next time, thank you! :)

So far for this Friday I have six pilots who are going to try to make it, one may be late though. I know there are a couple more who wanted to join in, but I haven't seen them on lately. (Hunter, Money, where are you?)

Let's make this another big game, pilots! Can I count anyone else in? :D
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Only a few hours left until the game. :)
It should be a 6 to 8 player game at least to start out with, but as one fellow pilot put it: "nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd". I'm hoping for at least as big a game as last time.
Wow, I need to hop into Worlds Apart 2 early and become re-aquainted, it's been too long!

Here are your co-ordinates..er..IP addresses:
Worlds Apart 2 - 73.34.23.92:2095
Glyphic Teams - 73.34.23.92:2098

Pilots, Prepare For Descent!!! 8)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Thanks to all who flew with us!
We maxed out the Worlds Apart 2 server with a 6 on 6 game at one point! Moving on to Glyphic Teams we played some 3 on 3 until it dwindled down to 2 pilots. Played for 3 hours total this time! (Then we moved to Indika ;) )

I was surprised to find out Worlds Apart 2 is not as popular as it used to be. Several pilots didn't like the level one bit. :rant: It was always one of my favs. Oh well. Guess we wont do that one again. ;) Glyphic Teams was enjoyed by all though I think. :)

Until next time, I'll see you in the mines!

Thanks again Foil! (I think we'll need a bigger server next time :D )
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

WA was always a big laugh back in the day - So many hillarious deaths and people complaining about feenis :rant: :P I enjoyed it, but my thumb has a huge blister now!

Btw: Do some Halcyon. Or there are some other levels out there I forget the names of now... Theres a couple of good ones that come with D3 too.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Lady Silver wrote:... Several pilots didn't like the level one bit. :rant: ...
Someone call the WAmbulance. ;)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Lady Silver wrote:Thanks again Foil! (I think we'll need a bigger server next time :D )
No problem.

I figured 12 would be enough - glad to hear so many showed up. (Remind me to open it up to more next time, if it's a big level.)
Naskatew
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Naskatew »

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: