Let's Play CTF! Round #4!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play CTF! Round #4!

Post by Lady Silver »

It's time for more CTF, Descent 3 pilots! :)

Dates/Times:
Saturday night, Aug 29th @ 10:00 PM EST
&
Sunday afternoon, Aug 30th @ 3:00 pm EST (9:00 pm CEST or CEDT)

Place: Quadcyon 1.1 & Seleg Prime

For those who don't know, Quadcyon is a 4 team CTF map.
Spread the word! We need a lot of pilots for this one! It's going to be a blast!! :)

We will start out in Quadcyon, moving onto Seleg Prime afterwards.
These games can be found using the descent trackers, but I will also provide the IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is also being posted on the Descent Champions Ladder and the Descendant Studios forums.

Thanks goes to Foil for once again hosting the servers for us!

LET'S PLAY CTF! :D
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Let's Play CTF! Round #4!

Post by Lady Silver »

The game is in only a couple of hours! :)

IP Addresses, as promised:

Quadcyon: 73.34.23.92:2095

Seleg Prime: 73.34.23.92:2096

I'll meet you in Quadcyon! I can't wait!! :D

Prepare for Descent! 8-)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

The Saturday night game was great! Thanks to all who flew with us! :)

We started in Quadcyon, but we only had 8 players, 4 team CTF wasn't working. :| We decided to move to Seleg Prime. We had an intense 10 player game in there for a while. The numbers dwindled down to 5 people eventually, but we kept playing our hearts out. Good times! Played for just shy of 4 hours in total! My hands were hurting and begging me to stop by the time I captured the final flag and called it a night. We definitely need to play Seleg Prime again sometime! That level is moving to my favs list.

There is a game scheduled today for 3:00pm EST. I don't think I will be able to participate; midday Sunday just doesn't work for me, but there should be some pilots from across the pond joining in and I hope you guys have as much fun as we did last night! :D

Until next time, I'll see you in the mines!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Was hoping to join in today, but no one is in. :(
Lady Silver wrote:4 team CTF wasn't working.
"Wasn't working", meaning "non-functional", or meaning "wasn't fun"? (I just did a test in there, went and grabbed the three other flags and scored, and it worked correctly.)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Foil wrote:Was hoping to join in today, but no one is in. :(
Lady Silver wrote:4 team CTF wasn't working.
"Wasn't working", meaning "non-functional", or meaning "wasn't fun"?
It was completely functional, but not really interesting. It's hard to balance teams, especially when you have 7 or 9 players.

In the first game I think I scored 26 points in my BP; the next team had like... 6? Had Hunter as my teammate and he was keeping our flag pretty safe, and I'd just go find whatever other team's base was currently undefended, grab their flag, and quite a few times came up behind someone who had another flag and was going for ours. Tiger and Zero were a pretty strong team, but at one point Mickey1 was flying solo, and the other team had somebody who had just installed D3 (from the D:U community), so they had a really hard time scoring and keeping it competitive. I think 4-team is only going to be really a good close game if you have like 16 players and can keep the top talent spread out pretty well.

Seleg Prime was good. Looked like it was set up with BP disabled, which meant I didn't have my favorite counter for Zero's tank (try aiming fusion when you can't see straight!) There were times when the teams were pretty balanced. It goes up there with Glasshouse, Veins, and Glyphic Teams as interesting enough to be worth a repeat.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Just not enough people. That second round in Quadcyon was pretty Goofy too...
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

I'm sorry Foil! :(
Since Sunday was a no show, I am pulling Sunday games because of lack of interest. I can never seem to make it, and I guess it's the same for many pilots.

The evening games are a great success, so those will definitely continue! :)

As far as Quadcyon goes, what they said.. I was really looking forward to playing 4 team CTF, we just didn't have the showing we needed. But Seleg Prime was fantastic! Thanks for hosting, Foil!

Look for the next game to be Friday, September 11th @ 10:00pm EST

Hopefully I'll see you guys then!

P.S I've got an idea on how to get a good Quadcyon game together that just might work. I'm still tossing it around in my mind, but I'll let you guys know!