Let's Play Entropy! Round #6!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play Entropy! Round #6!

Post by Lady Silver »

Alright Descent 3 Pilots, This time around we will be playing another one of my favorite mods of D3: Entropy!

Date: Friday October 9th
Time: 10:00 pm EST
Place: Steel Vapor & Seleg Prime

We will start in Steel Vapor, moving onto Seleg Prime afterwards.
These games can be found using the Descent trackers, but I will also provide IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is also being posted on the Descent Champions Ladder and the Descendent Studios forums.

Thanks goes to Foil for once again hosting the servers for us!

LET'S PLAY ENTROPY! :D
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Let's Play Entropy! Round #6!

Post by Foil »

I'm sorry, guys...

I'm out of town, and the server appears to be down. I can't even hit my router - I think it might be a power outage back home.

You guys might have to find an alternate host. :(
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Alright, I'll figure something out. You did warn me.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

I found a possible host, but he is experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by...
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

It's up! Sorry it's late! Thanks Fireball!

IP: 50.72.84.142:2092

Steel Vapor
Fireball
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Fireball »

Glad to be of some assistance. Now that I've got a dedicated server installed and working, I can provide a decent backup server now whenever it's needed as long as I'm around. Pings were pretty good for most people.
Former pilot of the Apple Corps as [MAC]Fireball and [MAC]Gemini14
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Man, it was good to play the entropy mod again! I have been wanting to do that for a long time!

True story:
Rewind to early this year. I would play D3 online once in a while, usually with Mental Floss. One day we are in a game together and I said something like: "You know what I would really like to do? I should get on some Descent forums and try to get some big games going. Like Entropy in Steel Vapor!"

Well, I finally got to play, and I loved every nostalgic second of it! My team lost, but we were fighting against Zero, Dues, Mental Floss and Fireball, so I don't feel too bad. ;) I played my heart out, but alas, it was not enough.
Afterwards we played in the sister level, Geodomes. Open air fighting has never been my strong suit, but everyone had a grand time. The black shark wars were exhilarating/hilarious.

I would like to thank Foil for hosting the original servers for us, even though they crashed before we could join them. He had warned me he would be out of town and unable to reach the servers should something go wrong, but, if I wanted him to, he would host anyways. I asked him to host anyways. What's the worse that could happen, right? ;) heh

I would like to thank Mental Floss for helping me find Fireball.

I would like to thank Fireball for hosting the replacement server for us.

I would like to thank MD-1224 for hosting a temporary server for us.

I would like to thank you guys for your patience when the game was an hour late! You guys are the best!

I would like to thank Dues for destroying me when I had 12, count them, 12, TWELVE FRIGGING VIRUSES!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :( You will pay, my friend!! :twisted:

Thanks for playing guys!
Until next time, I'll see you in the mines!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Just got home, and yep, it was a power outage, just about an hour after we left for the weekend. It was long enough to run the UPS out, and take everything down.

My apologies again.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Unfortunately I'm pretty much always playing Team Fortress 2 with a group of friends on Friday nights, but I wish I'd made time for this. Entropy is a really fun game mode I haven't played nearly as much as I'd have liked.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Foil: No apology necessary! I am so grateful for you hosting these servers for us for all these rounds!
I hope nothing was fried in the power outage. :|

Top Gun: I hope you will be able to join us one of these days! Entropy was, and of course still is, WAY underplayed. It certainly is an excellent D3 mod! CTF is pretty good too, though. :wink:
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

You guys could also do some of the lesser-known mods, like Duel or BreakOut. ;)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Yes, let's do Break Out! You mentioned it a few months ago, and when I looked into it to see what it was I thought it looked very cool!
You have to play with us though! :) So let's come up with a day and time and do this! :D
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I'll definitely try to make it. :)

For reference when planning: The best BreakOut levels are Alcatraz and GlassHouseBreakOut.
shaleblade
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaleblade »

After many years hiatus, I'm getting back into Descent and this sounds like a blast - always wanted to play Jailbreak! Count me in.