the 'debate'

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: the 'debate'

Post by Tunnelcat »

What an observation! :lol:

(The audio doesn't kick in until the 20 second point.)

[youtube]olBH8zJrzms[/youtube]
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

and, he makes a very valid point. :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Actually they “handled” the debate pretty well, I guess in some people’s opinion they should have just shut up and taken it like men.

They stuck up for themselves and pointed out the meaningless questions…gee wiz how horrible.

See this is the thing…if they had just taken it like men, then people would have just called them a bunch of pushovers…a lose lose situation any way you want to look at it.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I disagree Spidey, and here is why. As noted in the OP, a non-GOP supporter like myself viewed CNBCs performance as shoddy. I can't help but think that such was pretty much a widespread opinion. For some(not all, by the way) to come out whining like the Trump and Carson camps especially, and then demand to dictate a friendly, non-inquisitive set of rules in the future does NOT speak well of reaction to adversity. That is where Obama is spot on. Do they suppose that the rest of the world is going to let them pontificate, write all the rules and challege nothing?
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Ferno wrote:projection, confirmation bias, nationalism and bad translation. Isn't it great?
That's exactly what I'm saying. You absolutely do not think about the subject of conversation for you is more important technique of conversation.
And attempts to change the subject, use the techniques of trolling, blaming online translators in a bad translation of this is already just agony. On you a sorry sight.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

There is a big difference between a friendly debate where the expectation is to be treated fairly, and negotiating international treaties and such where the expectations are different.

But you will spin this the way you will spin this, and frankly I don’t really care, because I believe the dumb ass Republicans should have known what would happen.

But that being said, it still was a lose lose situation.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:There is a big difference between a friendly debate where the expectation is to be treated fairly, and negotiating international treaties and such where the expectations are different.

But you will spin this the way you will spin this, and frankly I don’t really care, because I believe the dumb ass Republicans should have known what would happen.

But that being said, it still was a lose lose situation.
like I said, I thought CNBC did a crap job. I suspect most viewers agreed. Had the candidates simply left their own mouths shut, and not made some sort of (failed) public spectacle of 'demanding' changes and favorable formats, they would have garnered both sympathy and support. Instead, they focused the attention on their own whining, and shot themselves in the collective feet.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

sigma wrote:
Ferno wrote:projection, confirmation bias, nationalism and bad translation. Isn't it great?
That's exactly what I'm saying. You absolutely do not think about the subject of conversation for you is more important technique of conversation.
And attempts to change the subject, use the techniques of trolling, blaming online translators in a bad translation of this is already just agony. On you a sorry sight.
This my friends is called a strawman argument.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Buddy, relax, buy yourself a new shirt, look good video. All will be all right.

[youtube]jvipPYFebWc[/youtube]
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:What an observation! :lol:

(The audio doesn't kick in until the 20 second point.)

[youtube]olBH8zJrzms[/youtube]
Does anyone find it odd that Obama dumps on the GOP candidates for "whining" about the moderators when he himself continually whines about Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and other conservative commentators?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

not really accurate, woody.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:not really accurate, woody.
It is quite accurate:
"One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates. If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... criticism/

Sounds like a whine to me.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

/me does a quick google search on the quoted line from Obama, finds nothing but right-wing sites.

Goodnight everybody!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:So Ferny, USA Today is right wing?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2 ... a/1867853/
you only read what you want to read, don't you.

Maybe it's time you stepped out of the clogosphere. Oh wait, that would require you to learn something. Nevermind.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ah, can't refute what I posted so you resort to personal attacks. Nice show of intellectualism.

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

...aaaaaand, that's all, folks.