Sol Contingency Proving Grounds!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Sol Contingency Proving Grounds!

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Sol Contingency's Proving Grounds has entered the early stages of release!

[youtube]_bAIYl5CoVY[/youtube]

*CLOSED BETA* (selections have already taken place, but you can still apply here)
OPEN BETA
PROVING GROUNDS
KICKSTARTER
Sol Contingency on Facebook wrote:1) The first is our CLOSED BETA starting Monday, November 2, limited to ~50 players.
2) We will follow up with a second, OPEN BETA phase, probably later in November.
3) After that, we're making the release official with the full, community-tested and rock solid final version of Proving Grounds.
4) And once that's done, it's time to get the next step of Sol-C kickstarted, with your help!

Since our crowdfunding campaign for the full version of Sol Contingency needs some time to be fully assembled, but we want to get the game into your hands, we have decided that this staged release is the best of both worlds: if you are a die-hard Sol-C fan, the closed beta may be your ticket in first, while everybody will get a shot at testing the open beta not much later. We want your feedback on the game and we want to see whether it stands the test of the many different machines it will be run on. After all, when we go about making the next version, we want to be sure you enjoy Proving Grounds for a long time!

"How can I get in to the closed beta?" you ask. Well, how about showing us that you're worth your salt by telling us how long you've been following us? Did you tell others about the project? Have you been an avid poster on our forum? Are you a dedicated server administrator willing to help people get started playing? Have you beta-tested a game before, do you own a YouTube channel or blog, or are you even from the press around the web and want to cover Proving Grounds?

If you can say "YES" to any of these questions, keep your eyes peeled for exact instructions on how to get in when we make the beta available on Monday! If you're a newcomer to Sol-C, the open beta will be for you -- no restrictions, everyone can participate, just hang in a few more weeks and we will be ready to give you a shot too.

Watch this space on Monday to see how this unfolds. Buckle up, pilots!
For the uninitiated, Sol Contingency began as the Descent fan project Descent to UDK--bringing the original Descent robot-blasting action to a modern graphics engine (Unreal Engine 3/UDK). Near the end of 2014 the team was served with a Cease & Desist by Interplay before what was to be the Descent to UDK Proving Grounds release, and after a prolonged silence punctuating talks with an Interplay representative regarding the possibility of pursuing a more official and commercial goal for the project. The project, now Sol Contingency has been revamped as a new, bleeding edge 6DOF experience, faithful to the same gut-wrenching 6DOF action that grabbed our attention, turned our stomachs, broke our joysticks, and strained our social bonds decades past! The free Proving Grounds multiplayer release is only the introductory stage--giving us a taste of what the team has accomplished in UDK, and a much-needed return to multiplayer 6DOF action in 2015, while the team prepares to launch a crowd-funding campaign for the full release of the epic Sol Contingency Singleplayer Campaign (with multiplayer) in Unreal Engine 4!

Descent to UDK - Proof of Concept Oct 2012
[youtube]OxOxiOQ4sXU[/youtube]

Pre-C&D Teaser Trailer APRIL 2013
[youtube]glZ9ysFlOks[/youtube]

Post C&D Stream Oct 2014
[youtube]5WyhK4Fbawg[/youtube]
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Sol Contingency Proving Grounds!

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Come chat with the devs and the beta testers! - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SolContingency
MadMax1998 wrote:We use the Steam account to verify who you are in the closed beta. Also, we use Steam itself to track servers. The full release will work without Steam, but you won't get the benefits of a server browser without it.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Holy crap, this looks way more attractive to me than D:U.

I wish the SoL team got the Descent IP of Descent Studios. Look at how great this looks with no funding. Imagine the single-player campaign they could do with half a million dollars...

Maybe my holiday bonus will be enough to spurge on a new computer so I can play this? Fingers crossed.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I always found Sol C looked and felt better. I will be backing them
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit