Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #11!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #11!

Post by Lady Silver »

Descent 3 pilots, anyone feel like some Monsterball?!

Date: Friday December 4th
Time: 10:00 pm EST
Place: Monsterball in Frenzy level 1
&------CTF in Seleg Prime

I know, Seleg Prime has been on the menu a lot lately, but we never seem to get to play it for one reason or another.

Thanks, Zero, for choosing this week's levels!
We will start with Monsterball in Frenzy level 1, moving on to CTF in Seleg Prime afterwards.

I think I should also mention that many of us like to meet on Mumble in the Descent Rangers channel, and whoever plays is more than welcome to join us!
Link to get to the channel: [url]mumble://mumble.descentrangers.com:31393[/url]
We don't always use it strategically; sometimes it's just to taunt each other and have fun. But it makes it easier to keep track of what is going on. :)

These games can be found using the Descent trackers (such as http://www.descentse...?show=d3_server), but I will also provide IP addresses later on.

Please let me know if you plan to make it; I like having an idea of how many pilots are coming so I can lure more pilots in with the numbers. ;)

This invite is also being posted on the Descendent Studios and the Descent Champions Ladder forums.

Thanks goes to Krom for once again hosting the servers for us!

LET'S PLAY SOME MONSTERBALL & CTF! :D
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Let's Play Monsterball & CTF! Round #11!

Post by Lady Silver »

Alright pilots, 6 people have RSVP'd so far, but, as usual, I expect more will just show. Word has kind of gotten around that there are big games on Friday night. ;)

If you need to download Seleg Prime, you can find it here: http://sectorgame.com/d3/downloads/?nav ... y&file=684

IP numbers:
Frenzy Monsterball : 69.131.84.7:2092
Seleg Prime : 69.131.84.7:2093

We meet in Frenzy Monsterball

Game is in just under 2 hour, pilots;
Prepare For Descent! 8)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Mickey 1 took a few videos of our Monsterball games! Thanks Mickey!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mickey1Art

I can't believe we had 14 people in that little Monsterball room! That was crazy! I had a painful realization though; I am absolutely no good at Monsterball. Circuit Breaker was easier for me; all you had to do was get the ball down the hall and through a certain part of the hall that makes a loop. Here, well, you can see in Mickey's videos there what we had to work with, and I was just no good at it. I guess I just don't have a solid grasp on trajectory. :huh: I ended up facing the fact that I was no good, and just focused on trying to be a thorn in the side of the enemy team. :D So, monsterball with 14 pilots = terrible and wonderful at the same time. [url]https://www.youtube....h?v=4S5ethZhgqs[/url]

Seleg Prime was great. I love that level. :D That is, I loved it until Zero discovered he could camp in that teeny tiny little energy cube that faces the entrance to the base, and spray us with EMD, aka pixie dust, as we tried to invade. UGH :( . It was very effective and should be banned. :P I died so many times trying over and over to get in there, and I can just picture Zero just laughing and laughing. He even captured our base and started doing the same thing there. lol Very clever. :x :P

At one point I was camping in the enemy base while both flags were being held by the opposing teams. I'm sitting there minding my own business when the enemy flag holder comes in, backs into the same little side room I'm hiding in and parks right beside me! Poor Mental Floss never saw it coming. I think I was almost as surprised as he was. Almost. ;)

Thanks for another successful evening guys!

I saw a few pilots on the field this time that we hadn't played with before: Mercenary, Hitman, Badwolf. Thanks for flying with us! I hope you guys had fun; it was a little crazy out there. ;)

Next Friday the plan is Team Anarchy and CTF.

Until then, I'll see you in the mines!
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Cool match :D A little more and you would break this mine :lol:
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Heh, nice to see the server is working well watching that video. Rock solid 30 MS, I bet Mickey likes when I host. :P
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Krom, the server is working great. No crash no skipping just fun. The Vauss not shooting blanks is very nice. Thanks for helping
Sanders / Gabbard 2020
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Sigma: hehe, that is true! :D

Krom: Yes, thank you so much for hosting us again!

You guys should join us sometime :)
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I loved monsterball. There was a level where we were stuck behind a wall with a small slit that you could shoot through. Kinda like a closed stadium. That level rocked. And it had a BlackShark missile which made it a lot of fun.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

CDN_Merlin I know that level. No flying. Not fun if you are claustrophobic. I did give it a try.
Sanders / Gabbard 2020
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Then there was the court one. Looked a like an enclosed over sized tennis court.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

If you want to join us for some fun in a level and mod you enjoy, Merlin, let me know the name of it and I'll put it on a list of future levels to play!
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

My only problem is I never know when I'll have time. Due to the Syrian crisis I have to work weekends from home.