Just Cause 3

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Just Cause 3

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

20% off on Steam 'till Jan 4th.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

How many hours have you got invested in JC3 so far Krom? :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

81 so far... :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You're slipping. I'd have thought you'd be up to 300 by now. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

If only I had that much free time. :P

Also the modding hasn't quite kicked in to reach the same level as JC2 yet, so once I can get in and really start messing with the game files I expect I'll sink even more time into it. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Do you like it better than JC2 so far, or is it about the same type of play with prettier graphics? I'm thinking of getting the BOLOpatch for JC2.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I'd rate it about the same as JC2. The wingsuit is a lot more fun to get around with, and the vastly improved terrain/map lends itself to that. Although it feels a lot less populated than JC2, the main island has a lot of empty space. But its generally ok because just flying around and exploring in the wingsuit is so much fun, you pretty much don't need anything else.

However pretty much everything to do with vehicles is worse than it was in JC2, and a lot of them were pretty bad in JC2 to begin with.

The enemy heat spawns were also handled better in JC2 because they were restricted to spawning far away and then had to run or drive or fly to you, in JC3 they are only restricted to spawning off-screen with no range limitation, so basically the game always spawns enemies directly up your ass in the most impossible and annoying way imaginable. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I thought the vehicles were hard to drive in JC2. It's worse in JC3? And that's a bummer to have the enemy spawn right next to you. Helicopters already show up fairly close in JC2 and you barely have time to turn and blast them if you aren't paying attention.

I've got a question in JC2. If you buy that kick ass helicopter from the the black market guy, can you store it somewhere that you can retrieve it later, or does it disappear if you have to, say, quit and later reload a game? Damn thing's expensive for a one shot use.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

No, it will despawn if you go more than about half a kilometer away. But by the end of the game in JC2 you have so much money you could buy a hundred of those helicopters and not even break a sweat.

Or alternatively, there is a mod for the black market which cuts the price of everything to 1/10th the original (or several other mods where everything is free). There are also mods which let you spawn EVERY vehicle from the black market instead of just the agency ones, so you could spawn any of the 108 vehicles in JC2 using it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

But, but...that's cheating. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

The Just Cause games are one of the few games I can honestly say are pretty much always better when you use god mode and infinite ammo in them.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well then, time to mod. :mrgreen:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom, I'm finding conflicting accounts of whether the current BOLOpatch works with the Steam version of JC2. Have you used it?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Latest version works fine, although I have only used it a couple times since I have pretty much everything I want done with ordinary mods.

Also JC2 is a steamworks game, meaning the steam version is the only version of the game. Probably the people complaining that it doesn't work are pirates, it works fine on a legal version.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Thanks. :)