Speaking of Trumpbots...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Speaking of Trumpbots...

Post by Nightshade »

...or rather, "Trumptards" as I like to call them:
"To the legions of Trumpbots, nothing he says or does will change their mind about him, so running an article that shows once again what a bald-faced hypocrite he is won't matter a whit.

Still, it's amusing when Trump is caught with his pants down -- especially on the issue of immigration. According to the New York Times, Trump chose to staff his private club in Florida with foreign workers he arranged to come to the U.S. using the "H" visa program despite 300 Americans applying for those jobs."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/25 ... epage=true
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Speaking of Trumpbots...

Post by snoopy »

Nightshade wrote:...or rather, "Trumptards" as I like to call them:
"To the legions of Trumpbots, nothing he says or does will change their mind about him, so running an article that shows once again what a bald-faced hypocrite he is won't matter a whit.

Still, it's amusing when Trump is caught with his pants down -- especially on the issue of immigration. According to the New York Times, Trump chose to staff his private club in Florida with foreign workers he arranged to come to the U.S. using the "H" visa program despite 300 Americans applying for those jobs."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/25 ... epage=true
Did he circumvent the law in the process? That's what I care about with respect to immigrants - kick out the ones who circumvent the law to enter, loosen the cords for the ones who entered on the up and up.

All of the Trump hate makes me think of Shakespeare: "Methinks thou dost protest too much." I'm starting to think that all of the threads decrying this and that about him expose a fear that the people might actually want what he's selling.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

snoopy wrote:Did he circumvent the law in the process?
Probably not. But given the degree to which his rhetoric is xenophobic, not merely anti-illegal but anti-Mexican in general, it's a strange juxtaposition.
a fear that the people might actually want what he's selling.
When you listen to what he's actually selling, it's right to fear people who want it. And it's heartening that he doesn't stand a chance in the general election, not even if he's up against an untrustworthy candidate like Hillary. He's terrible. Just unbelievably terrible.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

snoopy wrote: Did he circumvent the law in the process? That's what I care about with respect to immigrants - kick out the ones who circumvent the law to enter, loosen the cords for the ones who entered on the up and up.

All of the Trump hate makes me think of Shakespeare: "Methinks thou dost protest too much." I'm starting to think that all of the threads decrying this and that about him expose a fear that the people might actually want what he's selling.
The point is- NOTHING he says means a DAMN thing. He's saying or doing anything to get elected and not backing any of his 'selling points' with anything but hot air.

He said HIMSELF that he has to say or do anything he can to get votes even if everything he says has no basis in any kind of reality or even just plain honesty.

Take this quote:
(Trump) says that in the Philippines more than a century ago, Gen. John Pershing "took 50 bullets, and he dipped them in pigs’ blood," and shot 49 Muslim rebels. "The 50th person, he said, ‘You go back to your people, and you tell them what happened.’ And for 25 years, there wasn’t a problem."
— Donald Trump on Friday, February 19th, 2016 in a rally in North Charleston, S.C.
He later "explained" it by saying he /had/ to use these stories to win votes even though they were slander or lies.

Listen about it here:
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You do know Trumps wife is a immigrant?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:You do know Trumps wife is a immigrant?
yet another example of foreigners having to come here and take jobs no American wants.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

callmeslick wrote:
yet another example of foreigners having to come here and take jobs no American wants.
:lol:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Consider this me +1'ing the hell out of that.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

callmeslick wrote:

one of the best one-liners i've seen here.