MMLT - Runs with Smart Phones

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

MMLT - Runs with Smart Phones

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Massively Multiplayer Laser Tag. Now young people will be encouraged to run while looking at their smart phones. Can you imagine the epic wipe-outs we may be seeing on YouTube soon? ;)

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: MMLT - Runs with Smart Phones

Post by sigma »

Hmm.. Orienteering in unfamiliar terrain I like a lot more, to be honest.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't know. The smart phone is mounted on your "weapon" like a gun sight and the paintballs are virtual. Less messy I guess and the score would be easier to keep. :wink:

[youtube]sEGdCENOoMQ[/youtube]
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

sigma wrote:Hmm.. Orienteering in unfamiliar terrain I like a lot more, to be honest.
Ugh, orienteering. I had a high school gym class whose final was an orienteering course. My group had the first time slot... we couldn't find the first way point for the first hour, kept going back the teacher and saying we really really didn't think the way point was really there... he kept saying try harder. When the next group started the course they couldn't find it, either... finally the teacher decides to be nice and help... only to realize that he had forgotten to put it up. Did he let us restart the timer? No way... I don't quite remember what his excuse was. I made my group run the whole rest of the course, flawlessly, and we still nearly failed because of our 1 hour penalty which was the prof's fault. I was so pissed.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan