BLM is awesome!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

BLM is awesome!

Post by Nightshade »

The innocent that was shot:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: BLM is awesome!

Post by sigma »

Your conclusion, Nightshade
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

he doesn't have one.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'd say it appears black people are easily lead by the nose...no wonder the Dems get them to vote for them
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

who, in this story, was 'led' anywhere? It is, by ALL reports, a spontaneous outburst of frustration by the neighborhood. Now, I'll grant a shooting of an ARMED person, by a BLACK cop was hardly a matter of institutional racism, but the community frustration is real, and with ZERO evidence of some outside influences, your observation, as is far too often the case, is a lie. Black people vote Dem, by and large, because the GOP offers nothing for them. In the case of Trump, the response seems overwhelming.

Oh, and BLM has nothing to do with Milwaukee, that I've so far heard.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Police chief Ed Flynn said members of a Chicago chapter of the Revolutionary Communist Party turned what had been a peaceful night into a tense one by leading marchers down several blocks at around 11:30 p.m.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) says Hillary Clinton's response to the unrest occurring in Milwaukee is only making the situation worse.

"I think comments like that are just inflaming the situation," Walker told "Fox and Friends" Tuesday morning.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Good grief, the communism boogeyman again? What is this, 1966?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

I'm sure MLK is spinning in his grave...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:Good grief, the communism boogeyman again? What is this, 1966?
Are you refuting the police chiefs statement? Were you there or are you just venting?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, you really need to look at the whole situation to understand the flash point. City alderman Khalif Rainey called Milwaukee the "worst place to live for African Americans". The city was a tinder box full of fuel waiting for a spark to ignite it. Even if that spark was a justified cop shooting, it made no difference to the people who live there because there was just too much boiling resentment towards the police. The place exploded and outside agitators took advantage. If no one makes an effort to understand the situation, no one will ever solve the problem that created it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/15/us/milwau ... index.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, I know there is a lot more too it, I was just replying to slicks lame assertion no one was leading them on. Read up on the Detroit riots and you'll see they started over false rumors and stories.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:TC, I know there is a lot more too it, I was just replying to slicks lame assertion no one was leading them on. Read up on the Detroit riots and you'll see they started over false rumors and stories.
the whole point is that TC and I are reading about THIS situation and not jumping to bogus conclusions based on one past example.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:TC, I know there is a lot more too it, I was just replying to slicks lame assertion no one was leading them on. Read up on the Detroit riots and you'll see they started over false rumors and stories.
Woody, sometimes that's all it takes to start a fire, especially a fire that's already smoldering. The Communists are only filling the vacuum that the fire is creating. That's how revolutions get started. Find a disenchanted segment of the population and then proceed to stoke the fires of violent change. It's so easy when everyone is riled up. It's too bad everyone's corralled themselves into group think in this country, instead of coming together toward with the goal of finding a lasting solution to the poverty and violence that permeates poor, black communities all around the country.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, and as long as these communities keep waiting for someone to solve their problems…

“If we just had another program”.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

So you think that they should just solve their problems on their own? Never mind that the police keep shooting people who are poor, stuck in gang cultures and can't find good jobs or receive good educations? Just let the problem fester? I see that's working well.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:Yea, and as long as these communities keep waiting for someone to solve their problems…

“If we just had another program”.
there is validity to both the above, AND TCs points. Yes, there are changes that law enforcement could make for the better, and there are government programs that can assist. You do, however, have to have a proper attitude within the community in regard to the will to make it all work for the best.
George Orwell---"1984"
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

TC, I would say that the US and Russian police have almost the same deviation. But a little differently. If American police can be likened to a bull who runs on red and is proud of saving cats from trees, Russian police is tricky bitches that provoke citizens to crimes, while everyone knows that they live not only in the official salary.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote:So you think that they should just solve their problems on their own? Never mind that the police keep shooting people who are poor, stuck in gang cultures and can't find good jobs or receive good educations? Just let the problem fester? I see that's working well.
And how well is letting millions of illegals in that take jobs from those in poor black communities working?

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:So you think that they should just solve their problems on their own? Never mind that the police keep shooting people who are poor, stuck in gang cultures and can't find good jobs or receive good educations? Just let the problem fester? I see that's working well.
And how well is letting millions of illegals in that take jobs from those in poor black communities working?
whenever that actually happens, we'll know. Because, at present, any suggestion that it is would be another lie.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Wow slick, how does it feel living in the Dem ignorance bubble? In other words you don't know squat:
The decline in work has particularly affected those under age 29, and the less-educated, who are the most likely to be in competition with immigrants. A study by the economist George J. Borjas and others found that immigration reduces the employment of less-educated black men. Another study came to the same conclusion. A recent analysis by Federal Reserve economist Christopher Smith (2012) found that immigration reduces the employment of U.S. teenagers.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/20 ... immigrants
Instead, Democrats are chucking aside black voters in their rush to lock in the Latino vote (or so they’re hoping). Taken for granted as a given come election-time, blacks are now actively harmed as the Democrats vow to grow their voting base through importing more and more of what they see as future blue-voters. It’s the husband who leaves his wife of 30 years: ‘We had a good run, honey, but I’ve found someone new.’
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -j-delgado

Sometimes slick, it amazes me how out of touch with reality you are...unless of course you are in reality a paid promoter for the Dems.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no evidence again. A bunch of guesswork and aspersions cast. The second part is freaking HILARIOUS! I guess she can afford to 'cast aside' the black vote seeing as how she's polling at around 99% support, nationwide.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
Considering that after 1808 when importing slaves became illegal, 50,000 smuggled African slaves became the first illegal immigrants to this country. The illegal immigrant problem has been going on in some form or fashion since that time, all from various other countries. I know it's not an answer, but I don't have answer for a problem that's been going on for hundreds of years backed by American business interests and which no one has adequately addressed in either business or the government. All I can say is that it's our own greedy fault for the mess were in.

http://immigration.procon.org/view.time ... eID=000023
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:no evidence again. A bunch of guesswork and aspersions cast. The second part is freaking HILARIOUS! I guess she can afford to 'cast aside' the black vote seeing as how she's polling at around 99% support, nationwide.
So again show me where the lie is. Discounting your usual Dem loving rhetoric, who cares what hillary is polling at among blacks

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

it's a lie in that there is no evidence to support any of his assertions.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You are either being obtuse or once again you are too lazy to do any looking. Of course, what does one expect from a political hack/operative. At any rate here is a Harvard study:
Abstract:
The employment rate of black men, and particularly of low-skilled black men, fell precipitously between 1960 and 2000. At the same time, their incarceration rate rose. This paper examines the relation between immigration and these trends in employment and incarceration. Using data from the 1960–2000 US censuses, we find that a 10% immigration-induced increase in the supply of workers in a particular skill group reduced the black wage of that group by 2.5%, lowered the employment rate by 5.9 percentage points, and increased the incarceration rate by 1.3 percentage points.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=1562148

Or from a Oxford journal:
U.S. immigration policies after 1965 fueled a rise in the Latino population and, thus, increased the competition for low-skill jobs. We examine whether Latino immigration and Latino dominance of low-skill industries increases black urban violence. Using city-level data for the year 2000, we find that (1. Latino immigration is positively linked to urban black violence, (2. the link is most prevalent where blacks lost ground to Latinos in low-skill markets, (3. not all low-skill sectors operate in unison; black violence rises only when jobs in agriculture, manufacturing and construction are in short supply and, (4. Latino immigration raises black violence by first increasing black unemployment. We discuss the implications of these findings.
http://sf.oxfordjournals.org/content/88/3/1393.abstract

Like I said slick, stop thinking you are at one of your really dumb forums when you come here. Sometimes your ignorance is appalling.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

your statistics show ZERO correlation to either party, Woody. We aren't all gullible enough to buy that argument.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Immigrants, legal and illegal have been competing with blacks for entry level jobs since the very beginning. So there is no lie there.

At one point in history when manual labor jobs became middle class thousands of blacks were displaced by massive immigration, and from native citizens.

Every group that has come into this country starts at the bottom, and ends up working their way out of the slums, and into the general population.

The Irish were hated…they made it.
The Jews were hated…they made it.
The Italians were hated…they made it.
The Chinese…well I already made my point.

And the obvious question is…why are blacks still at the low end in such large numbers.

And one of the obvious answers is their connection to the Democratic party, and the faith they put into the desegregation lie, before desegregation the black community had tens of thousands of businesses…after…not so many.

I really could go on with government dependence, family destruction…etc, but most on the left are in total denial mode, so there is really no point.

And yes, I do see a connection to one party where it concerns Hispanic immigrants, where in the past there was none to speak of, and since Democrats consider blacks a locked in voting bloc, why should they worry about the affect of a few million more people competing with entry level jobs…they know the black people are never going to make that connection anyway.

So yea, there is a valid point in there as well.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Spidey wrote:And the obvious question is…why are blacks still at the low end in such large numbers.
I dunno, perhaps because none of the other groups you mentioned had to suffer through two centuries' worth of thralldom, and then another century's worth of de facto thralldom?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Of course that misses what those groups went through back in the old country, and what went on when they got here as well.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:your statistics show ZERO correlation to either party, Woody. We aren't all gullible enough to buy that argument.
We weren't discussing if any party was at fault. We are not gullible enough not to be able to see you are trying to change the dynamics of the thread because I showed where you hadn't a clue as to what we were discussing. You could just say you didn't know and I'd look more favorably on you.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:I'd say it appears black people are easily lead by the nose...
I wonder how many black people you've mentioned this to, Will... er, I mean... woodchip.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Awww...vision is going to try the racist meme on me. Lotsa luck Bee... er, I mean vision.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

It's clearly the definition of a racist statement, though. Just sayin'.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Only to those people who are afraid to face up to reality.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

No, more like to those people whose reading comprehension is above a fifth-grade level. Hell, that's probably selling a lot of fifth-graders short even.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote:Only to those people who are afraid to face up to reality.
So just to be clear, black people are easily led by the nose? That's what you are saying, right?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote:
woodchip wrote:Only to those people who are afraid to face up to reality.
So just to be clear, black people are easily led by the nose? That's what you are saying, right?
That's what I said. Now give me your best shot.

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:That's what I said. Now give me your best shot.
you are either African American, or otherwise, you are a bigot.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Since I am not African American, you'll have to explain why the bigot term when I stated the obvious"
I'd say it appears black people are easily lead by the nose...no wonder the Dems get them to vote for them
Now what is false about this statement?