Game Cam

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Game Cam

Post by woodchip »

Bought a game/trail cam as my neighbors and I suspect a bobcat may be in the area. Trouble I got right now is viewing the images. Cam has a 32g pny sd, hd card. Cam is a Moultrie 880 gen 2
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultrie ... ame-camera

I can hook the cam direct to the comp via a usb port but the comp. does not read anything.
so:

Do I need a a generic card reader? Pull out sd chip and plug it into the reader, then plug reader into comp (or cell phone)

Is there some sort of software I can download so the comp can read direct?

Would my smart phone (Samsung galaxy note 4) be able to read the sd card hooke direct to cam or again would I need a reader?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Game Cam

Post by Krom »

A generic USB card reader should do the trick, although usually plugging the camera into the computer should let you copy the pictures. Read the manual and see if there are any specific instructions on how to copy the pictures to a PC.

Assuming the card works and there are pictures on it anyway, you are sure it worked right?

Edit, manual says:
To connect the camera to a PC computer, turn the camera ON, press the MENU button once to change to SETUP Mode. Connect the USB cord (not included) between the USB out port and the PC computer. The computer will recognize the camera as a removable drive.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tried that on 2 different comp and no go
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

From the manual.

At Home
Remove the entire camera and transport to another location to download images. To connect the
camera to a PC computer, turn the camera ON, press the MENU button once to change to SETUP
Mode. Connect the USB cord (not included) between the USB out port and the PC computer. The
computer will recognize the camera as a removable drive. The unit works with Windows XP/Vista/7 or
Mac OS X 10.1 or higher. Copy the images and videos from the camera onto your PC for further
editing or printing. When the USB cable is disconnected, the camera will go back to SETUP mode.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Thanks for the replies. Turns out the cable I was using was for charging a cell phone. Got the right cable and it works fine. Also got a cable so I can connect cell phone direct to cam also. Now to see if that 8 point buck I saw last year is a 10 point and perhaps even see if the bobcat comes around that my neighbor has on his cam (bad pic, not clear so suspicion at this point).