Kids in Minnesota pick...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Kids in Minnesota pick...

Post by Nightshade »

...slick's 'cheeto Hitler'

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Republican candidate Donald Trump has won the first round of Minnesota’s mock election for high school students, narrowly beating out Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

Secretary of State Steve Simon announced Tuesday the results of the Minnesota Students Vote 2016, which showed the flamboyant businessman taking 34.97 percent of the vote. Clinton was close behind, with 32.89 percent.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/0 ... ald-trump/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Kids in Minnesota pick...

Post by Top Gun »

Man I'm so glad that our entire system of government is decided on by Minnesotan high schoolers.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote:Man I'm so glad that our entire system of government is decided on by Minnesotan high schoolers.
I thought Minnesota was a solid blue state. ;)
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

So we are so desperate for supporting opinions we are now using high schools kids to make a point? Who the ★■◆● cares?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

You know how you can get high schoolers on your side?

Find the most popular kid and get them to change their shirt. They are THAT DUMB.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:So we are so desperate for supporting opinions we are now using high schools kids to make a point? Who the ★■◆● cares?
So...kids don't reflect the values of their parents? I've found they usually do until at least college.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote:So...kids don't reflect the values of their parents? I've found they usually do until at least college.
This is the best you can come up with? Not too much of a thinker, are you?

Ok, I'll give you one more chance. Tell me why I should care about the opinion of these high school kids. Your reply, by my smallest estimate, should be a minimum of three paragraphs. Now get to work, kid.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:
vision wrote:So we are so desperate for supporting opinions we are now using high schools kids to make a point? Who the ★■◆● cares?
So...kids don't reflect the values of their parents? I've found they usually do until at least college.
No, kids love to watch an idiotic, foul-mouthed, arm-waving, orange clown haired "entertainer" like Trump. Hillary is just plain boring to watch. Kids hate boring. Boring also has nothing to do with being a smart statesman, or women in Hillary's case. You figure it out NS. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote:No, kids love to watch an idiotic, foul-mouthed, arm-waving, orange clown haired "entertainer" like Trump. Hillary is just plain boring to watch. Kids hate boring. Boring also has nothing to do with being a smart statesman, or women in Hillary's case. You figure it out NS.
Are you positive? I'm sure the school system's teachers did their best to promote Hillary- and to point out that it'd be a historic FIRST to elect a woman to be president.

How is that boring?

No...what's happening is that the kids are hearing what their parents have to say- and it's more anti-Hillary than anti-Trump.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:No, kids love to watch an idiotic, foul-mouthed, arm-waving, orange clown haired "entertainer" like Trump. Hillary is just plain boring to watch. Kids hate boring. Boring also has nothing to do with being a smart statesman, or women in Hillary's case. You figure it out NS.
Are you positive? I'm sure the school system's teachers did their best to promote Hillary- and to point out that it'd be a historic FIRST to elect a woman to be president.

How is that boring?

No...what's happening is that the kids are hearing what their parents have to say- and it's more anti-Hillary than anti-Trump.
They were teenagers. Teenagers never listen to what their parents say. Teenagers love to be contrarian to their old fart parents and Minnesota, in other words the parents who make up the voter base, is still solidly blue. Teenagers are notorious for NOT understanding the consequences of their decisions either. What does that tell you about their decision to pick Trump? :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

How long has it been since you've been in high school, TB? Did they have anything bordering on gender studies, liberal arts or political science?

No?

Well, they still don't. Because High school is NOT college/university.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Conservatives have more children than liberals.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Jeff250 wrote:Conservatives have more children than liberals.

hilarious, really... when you put that stat with the other stats of which group has more children.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Jeff250 wrote:Conservatives have more children than liberals.
The kids could also have just been trolling. When it ultimately means nothing, I'm more willing to do something "just for the lols."
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

snoopy wrote:The kids could also have just been trolling. When it ultimately means nothing, I'm more willing to do something "just for the lols."
I'm going to agree with this point since there is good evidence that an unknown but possibly significant number of Trump supporters are doing exactly this.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

snoopy wrote: The kids could also have just been trolling. When it ultimately means nothing, I'm more willing to do something "just for the lols."
I work with teenagers every day. At least 35% of their daily conversations involve trolling.