All this talk about old clans.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Wow that brings back memories. My original nickname is \"griffin\". Man, I remember that gallery ...do you still have it on disk backed up?!
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Sure do! I keep putting it back up from time to time, but the way I have the home arranged currently, I'm not overly-inclined to leave the server up except when I'm going dev work on it for the sake of noise. When the LAN and room arrangement improves again, I'll have it back up again for all to peruse.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

I'd be curious to see it for sure - probably a lot of old names on there that would bring back some memories.
WillyP
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by WillyP »

Sllik, I have space on a shared server that I could put your photos page on, if your interested pm me.

My site is Prepare For Descent!
Knopi
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Knopi »

Tyranny wrote:To answer one of the questions on the other thread about the oldest Descent groups, The PPG is even older then MS and has existed before the Rangers and before the Wildcards.

Somewhere inbetween here, around the same time period there was another group that formed and had very talented pilots that eventually ended up elsewhere by the name of moc, if I remember right. This group had high ranking Ladder members as well but due to internal conflicts (as always) the group ended up disbanding.

There were more clans out there that I'm forgetting to mention I'm sure, some of them were carried over from Kahn but didn't last much longer once they got to Kali. Just thought I'd throw this in..
I realize this thread is ancient, but I thought I would help set the record clear, at least in regards to these two points.
When I wanted to join the IDL, I started playing more on Kali, and as I spent more time there, I gifted at least 10 people with keys to come from Kahn to Kali. By the time this was happening, I don't recall any of the Kahn squads being active D players, and many of Kali's squads were falling apart, so I began moc| as a way of uniting all those players still interested in playing, and competing. It would have been a great squad early in the Descent days, but there just wasn't enough happening in the community to carry the squad forward other than 1v1 playing. There were no internal conflicts. I eventually starting playing Delta Force, and Kali was becoming a ghost town.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: All this talk about old clans.

Post by Capm »

Holy Thread resurrection batman!

MS is still the oldest... :wink:
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I updated the original post since the link expired.
Knopi
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Knopi »

Capm wrote:Holy Thread resurrection batman!

MS is still the oldest... :wink:
lol old school for sure.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Looks like this Thread is Still Alive!