GIANT Spider

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

GIANT Spider

Post by Nightshade »

Just a little something I found in my front yard today:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: GIANT Spider

Post by CDN_Merlin »

And you didn't move?
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Yellow Garden Spider, there was always a couple of those around the outside of the house in the flowers and stuff when I was a kid. They're pretty neat to watch
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

EEEEK! If I walked into that thing, I'd have a coronary. About how big is it inches wise? I've never seen one of those that size in my yard down the valley from you either, just some smaller ones. It must have had some good hunting this year.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote:EEEEK! If I walked into that thing, I'd have a coronary. About how big is it inches wise? I've never seen one of those that size in my yard down the valley from you either, just some smaller ones. It must have had some good hunting this year.
If you set it down on your computer mouse, the legs would probably easily reach around the whole thing. :P

As long as it's in bushes away from the house, I have no problems with it...if it's hanging from the house in front of a doorway or garage- it DIES. ;P
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Damn, that's BIG. I ran into one of these guys, pic below, hanging on the stairwell wall when I opened my basement door last fall. It was at least 2 inches across, including the legs. I freaked! Too big for me to kill. I had to call in the husband to do the dirty work. I hate to squish anything that goes "POP" when you crush it.

Now snakes, they don't bother me, but my husband freaks out. We had a baby Bull Snake curl up in the garage one day and I had to be the one to relocate it since my husband won't go near snakes. I don't kill them because they are good at eating rodents.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Click to view the full size image.
A little friend of mine I met on one of my trips to Costa Rica...

By the way, if you step on those guys, you can feel and hear the crunch *shivers*.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

When I put spiders outside I pick them barehanded with no problem. Some of them larger than a quarter. Not sure I could handle this spider without running the risk of getting bitten. But I would pet the back of abdomen for kicks. :mrgreen:
Descer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Descer »

As spider are good at eatin' flys, wasps, etc. I don't have any problems with spiders.
It's just a game. Face it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It depends on what fear you imprinted on as a child. Me, spiders and their webs have freaked me out ever since I was very young ran into a room that was literally full of spiders and their webs. In fact, the webs bother me more than the spiders. Clingy and sticky. Uuuugh! Snakes, never been a problem for me, even though I've been bitten by our local bull snakes (not poisonous).

Like I said Krom, anything that has enough body fluids to actually go "POP" when you kill it gives me the willies. Or squirms enough that it can possibly escape your grasp. It's almost like squishing a mouse or something.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Here's a cute little spider I found yesterday.
Attachments
21543829_839866116177766_3066368872918201601_o.jpg