Amazingly true sign...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Amazingly true sign...

Post by Nightshade »

I think the state of California should really go with these signs. :lol:

Another:

and yet more:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Amazingly true sign...

Post by Top Gun »

Don't we already have a thread meant to contain racist bull★■◆● like this?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It looks like the minority right wing rural voters of California have nothing better to do than to be racist jokers, on top of doing their other favorite pastime of rallying for secession in order to shove all those hated liberals into a new smaller coastal state called "Coastal California". Of course, all those farmers that will be located in the new right wing haven state of "New Jefferson", or some other nonsense name, may have a little difficulty getting a few of those loathsome migrant workers from Mexico to come in and pick their crops. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

more fascism, accepted wholesale by NS
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Since SyFy was running full episodes of The Twilight Zone over New Years weekend, one of them caught my eye, titled: "He's Alive". Appropriately, it's all about an American Nazi in the late 1950's. I seriously think that sometime in the near future, NS should take the time, sit down, and watch this particular episode and perhaps learn something that history seems to keep forgetting.

The full episode if anyone's interested or doesn't want to wait until they run it again next year.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm It looks like the minority right wing rural voters of California have nothing better to do than to be racist jokers, on top of doing their other favorite pastime of rallying for secession in order to shove all those hated liberals into a new smaller coastal state called "Coastal California". Of course, all those farmers that will be located in the new right wing haven state of "New Jefferson", or some other nonsense name, may have a little difficulty getting a few of those loathsome migrant workers from Mexico to come in and pick their crops. :wink:
Uh...it's automatically "RACIST!!!!" if you hold a different opinion than the leftist world view?

I've got Mexican/Jewish/Turkish/Native American blood. Is it racist for me to point out the right a SOVEREIGN NATION should have in controlling and protecting its border?

The sign doesn't say MEXICANS. It says....ILLEGALS (meaning illegal aliens which are by the fact of their very presence breaking US LAW and can be from ANY RACE or country of origin.)

The sign is also stating the TRUTH. California is a sanctuary state and it is only that way because democrats are in control and democrats cynically only see people crossing the border illegally as a path to indefinite and total party control in a one party state.

So I guess I join Benjamin Shapiro, one of the world's only "Nazi Jews," in your highly clouded and biased eyes.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

And most of what you just said is complete bull★■◆●. You want to fix the problem of illegals/undocumented immigrants? Fix the bad immigration laws instead of trying to start a war, you might actually get somewhere that way instead of just making desperate criminals more desperate and dangerous.

At least the democrats have a plan that looks further ahead than "3 seconds from now" and are trying to get all would be honest immigrants integrated into society so they can actually contribute back in a meaningful way.

Always with the "Democrats see illegals as a way of gaining more voters!", I missed the part where that is a bad thing. Shouldn't we be trying to turn permanent immigrants into voters? Maybe the real problem is the right wing have been inbreeding their lies and terrible policies for so long they have gone full batshit insane and immigrants coming in from the outside flee from the Republican party on sight because of it.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Krom wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:13 pm Always with the "Democrats see illegals as a way of gaining more voters!", I missed the part where that is a bad thing.
Democrats want NO VOTER ID...heck, they don't even want to require citizenship for people to vote here in the US. They assume they can buy votes with giving away "free stuff" from the government- and who is going to want that "free stuff" most?

Spoiler - that "free stuff" isn't free...it's taxing working citizens and draining away their lifeblood to feed/house/care for people that will probably not end up contributing a thing in many cases - because they CAN'T.

We have too much of that garbage going on in Mexico. My aunt and uncle - Mexican citizens both - know of uneducated people churning out 10 child "families" because they know they'll get free government assistance...and Mexico itself has a huge illegal immigration problem as well- but they don't have the resources to control it - so the Mexican government is all too happy to shove their problems north.

Oh and... ¡CHUPA mi VERGA, pinchi gringo idiota!
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I'm cool with giving free stuff to the low wage immigrants cleaning the bathrooms on my campus. They work hard.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 pm I'm cool with giving free stuff to the low wage immigrants cleaning the bathrooms on my campus. They work hard.
If they're legal immigrants, I'm cool with it. My grandmother was a LEGAL immigrant, but her immigration process took 17 years to go from legal resident alien to citizen (which is far far too long.)

There should be a MUCH SHORTER legal path to citizenship while illegal immigration should be dealt with criminally (deportation, etc.)

A REGISTERED LEGAL guest worker program should also be created that WORKS to help out low wage workers from other countries- AND TO PROTECT THEM from companies and individuals that would normally EXPLOIT illegal alien labor.

Right now ILLEGAL immigrants have no real records or recourse when they're treated as SLAVES by the unscrupulous companies that USE them. (Note that I say USE rather than 'employ' because they are being used as virtual SLAVE LABOR.)

Filthy democrats LOVE illegal immigrants and so do the slaver companies that ILLEGALLY 'hire' (USE as SLAVE LABOR) them.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

You simply fail to realize that it's big business that lobbies for weak immigration laws and weak prosecution. It's got nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. Big business keeps the door open because we live in an dystopian capitalistic society. Cheap labor is all the people who run this country want, and right now illegal immigrants are cheaper than machines. Don't worry about immigrants getting "free stuff", worry about the corporations and politicians who are robbing from you the value of your labor.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s the demand for cheap goods that creates the demand for cheap labor, it’s the person who is always looking for a bargain that devalues your labor.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:19 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm It looks like the minority right wing rural voters of California have nothing better to do than to be racist jokers, on top of doing their other favorite pastime of rallying for secession in order to shove all those hated liberals into a new smaller coastal state called "Coastal California". Of course, all those farmers that will be located in the new right wing haven state of "New Jefferson", or some other nonsense name, may have a little difficulty getting a few of those loathsome migrant workers from Mexico to come in and pick their crops. :wink:
Uh...it's automatically "RACIST!!!!" if you hold a different opinion than the leftist world view?

I've got Mexican/Jewish/Turkish/Native American blood. Is it racist for me to point out the right a SOVEREIGN NATION should have in controlling and protecting its border?

The sign doesn't say MEXICANS. It says....ILLEGALS (meaning illegal aliens which are by the fact of their very presence breaking US LAW and can be from ANY RACE or country of origin.)

The sign is also stating the TRUTH. California is a sanctuary state and it is only that way because democrats are in control and democrats cynically only see people crossing the border illegally as a path to indefinite and total party control in a one party state.

So I guess I join Benjamin Shapiro, one of the world's only "Nazi Jews," in your highly clouded and biased eyes.
The fact the sign also says MS13, definitely refers to Central American and Mexican immigrants who happen to belong to a gang and since it makes no reference to any other gang and most of the immigrants in California are Latino, it's nothing but a racist sign targeting that particular ethic group and it was put there by a bunch of bored right wingers with too much hate, money and time on their hands to do something more productive for the state, like find non-confrontational and non-name calling ways to solve the immigration and gang problem. I'd like to see the issue solved as well, but it's damn near impossible to solve when one side wants to kick them all out post haste, no matter the situations or the consequences to the families and lives of those immigrants. They are human beings, not trash. Alas, it's far easier to whine and spew hate and project or throw that BS on everyone but yourselves than to do the necessary hard work to solve the problem, like working with and not denigrating the other political party or the immigrants that illegally enter the country willing to work. Part of that solution is for American businesses to step up and not hire illegal workers, period. MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO HIRE ILLEGALS! No work, no immigration issues. Simple. We may not get our crops picked or our chickens slaughtered or our toilets cleaned, but hey, look on the bright side, no more illegal Latinos. These sign makers are nothing but a bunch of lazy clueless nativists with the real tribal agenda of a white American utopia. In fact, the hate is absolutely dripping from that sign for liberals and Democrats as well. I'm as personally as insulted as any Latino immigrant would be of that damn sign. If I'd driven by it, I would've of torn it down, dumped a gallon of gas on it and burned it to ashes because anyone with half a brain can tell it's not a state made or installed sign.

By the way, California's whole economy would collapse if Latinos didn't cross the border to work in the fields, so of course the state is openly protecting those immigrants so that they will feel welcomed enough to come into the state, fill all those cheap jobs Americans turn their noses up at and keep the farmers producing crops and feeding the nation. It not a "Democrat" thing, like you seem to always throw on liberals, it's more like a big "agribusiness", "food production business", and "hotel business" thing. Mexican immigrants are all over the U.S. too, not just in California, doing the crappy dirty labor Americans don't seem to want to perform. Like Spidey said, Americans want cheap food, cheap products and cheap fixes, plus get their cheap hotel toilets cleaned by someone else they never have to see. So by necessity, Americans require cheap, hidden, disposable labor to do all the dirty work. We can't have our cake and eat it too.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I'm pretty sure associating a gang with a particular ethnic group is racist.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm It’s the demand for cheap goods that creates the demand for cheap labor, it’s the person who is always looking for a bargain that devalues your labor.
Maybe if wages would keep up with productivity gains people could stop buying the cheapest stuff? You know how much my the average person's diet changes dependent on income? Even things like "oh, I can afford the yogurt that costs $1.35 instead of the $0.95 yogurt which doesn't taste nearly as good and has too much sugar and preservatives, but it's all I can afford this week" make a huge difference in people's lives. People don't want to buy cheap stuff, they want to feel rich. They want expensive name brands and high quality. Don't get me started on poverty feedback loops...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

LOL, as I have stated many many times it was the people with plenty of expendable income that started the trend towards cheap stuff. (poor people always bought the cheap stuff)

So yea, now it’s in a feedback loop, but the consumer was/is still at fault.

Wages are never going to keep up…because nobody wants to pay a good price for anything.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

with that, goes the old, quaint notion of not buying stuff you can't afford and saving to get it.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:57 pm I'm pretty sure associating a gang with a particular ethnic group is racist.
The MS-13 gang is mostly made up of Central Americans, especially those from El Salvador and Honduras. By the way, it was also founded in Los Angeles, not in the countries where these people originated. Hmm, do we need to ask ourselves is it possible that living in America is not all it's cracked up to be, making these people feel so alienated and unwelcome that they reacted by going tribal and forming a criminal gang? Isn't that human nature when you're living among fellow humans who believe you're nothing but a lowlife criminal? Since that lovely sign snarkily welcomes only illegals AND MS-13 and since most of the illegals in California are of Latino and South American ethnicity and makes NO MENTION of any Asian ethnic gangs, that sign is nothing but a back-handed racist slam against those ethnic groups by equating them with criminals and placing blame for any perceived problems they've created on the backs of the Democrats like it's all their fault that those types of people are being given sanctuary in California. How droll. :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

thanks for that TC. The gang was formed by deported Central American younger people who were gang-banging in LA. And, yes, Asian gangs are really FAR more insidious and dangerous than any Latin groups, who tend to fight amongst themselves for stupid turf issues. The Asians are into high level drug smuggling, extortion, prostitution activities and have been for decades.
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 pm LOL, as I have stated many many times it was the people with plenty of expendable income that started the trend towards cheap stuff.
Citation needed.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

yeah, I'd like to see that data, Spidey, if you can.......the way I saw it, it seemed to unfold as follows: Reagan comes in with the cheery message that everyone can have everything, which sort of requires far more cheaply produced and lower priced stuff that once would be seen as a luxury. The demand fueled investors to tailor retail to that, and to encourage a high and constant demand cycling. How the 'blame' for that falls on folks with lots of expendable income eludes me. Most who I know in that category buy high quality stuff that can be utilized by their grandkids when possible, and actually possess less in the way of doo-dads as a percentage of assets than the working people of the US.
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, blame Reagan.

Actually in my heart of hearts I believe it was/is the merchant class that has sold this country down the river, and the uneducated consumers are just dupes.

And I’m sure the people with expendable income that you refer to are not the same ones that I refer to, which would be the middle class of decades ago, not the rich, which in fact are not responsible for what has happened.