I bought pot

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

I bought pot

Post by Vander »

So yesterday for the first time in my life, I went to the store and bought pot legally.

It didn't have the convenience of perusing the beer isle while grocery shopping, but I was able to walk into a well lit retail space, sit at a counter and evaluate 15 different strains, and walk out with my selection.

There were so many choices I didn't really know where to begin. I'm not much of a smoker anymore, and I come from a time where the choice was either dope or no dope. Green or brown. I asked my dedicated sales person for something "mellow," and he narrowed the selection from 15 or so down to 4 strains. I still didn't really know enough to make any kind of educated purchase. They all looked and smelled very nice, so I ended up just picking one based on some unquantifiable mix of look and smell that spoke to me. I walked out with 1/8oz of "Buddha's Hand" for $60. ($50+$10tax)

It was a very surreal experience. And after taking a little half hit last night, it was, indeed, mellow.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: I bought pot

Post by Tunnelcat »

I haven't tried smoking it yet. I have tried the edibles, but it took almost 6 hours to hit me and when it did, WHOA! That's not something I want to have happen if I'm going to drive a car somewhere. I think I'll try smoking it once and to see how that works. I'll have to wait for a day that I don't need to get anything done however, because you sure don't feel like doing ANYTHING but zoning out once you're stoned. :lol:

It's too bad John Boehner didn't change his mind about pot BEFORE he quit Congress. Maybe he and Congress could've convinced the FEDS to legalize pot nationwide, which would allow all those pot businesses who now have to transact in cash to be able to use the banks like normal businesses do. Plus, it would have kept Jeff Sessions from going on his little weed witch hunt these days. :roll:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 30a3bb83f7
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Vander wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:54 amIt was a very surreal experience.
I can relate. A few years ago I accompanied my girlfriend to a dispensary to pick up weed for medical purposes (truly medical, and it didn't help). It was strange to walk in to a building and wait in line to buy something I knew in my youth as an activity to be kept on the down low. But here we are. While I am indifferent to the legalization of weed I am interested to see how the cultural effects of decriminalization play out over the next decade.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I lean more toward the ThunderBunny side of things when it comes to drugz :P but I think decriminalization will have a positive effect.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I'm somewhat jealous. When I moved to the great white north, buying marijuana from a store was one of the things I was looking forward to doing, but it's still months away here at the earliest. On the plus side, when it's finally legalized up here it will be on both the provincial and federal level.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Jeff250,

here in Ottawa you can get it at pot stores all around the downtown core. They aren't legal exactly but still sell.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Tunnelcat wrote:I haven't tried smoking it yet. I have tried the edibles, but it took almost 6 hours to hit me and when it did, WHOA!
I never cared much for edibles, mostly for the same reason I don't much like vaporizers. It's mostly control of the dosage. The delayed reaction after eating leaves open the possibility of eating too much and having to ride it out. And using a vaporizer, I can barely tell how much I'm actually smoking. I like feeling the smoke hit my lungs, I can tell if I'm smoking a little or a lot.

I also like the more instant and temporary nature of smoking versus eating.
vision wrote:It was strange to walk in to a building and wait in line to buy something I knew in my youth as an activity to be kept on the down low.
Exactly! It's quite a long way from "you gotta know a guy."
Jeff250 wrote:On the plus side, when it's finally legalized up here it will be on both the provincial and federal level.
I'm hoping the quasi-legal nature of it will snowball to full legalization here. The rug can still be pulled out by the feds, which leaves things like banking for the businesses still up in the air.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Vander wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 am
Tunnelcat wrote:I haven't tried smoking it yet. I have tried the edibles, but it took almost 6 hours to hit me and when it did, WHOA!
I never cared much for edibles, mostly for the same reason I don't much like vaporizers. It's mostly control of the dosage. The delayed reaction after eating leaves open the possibility of eating too much and having to ride it out. And using a vaporizer, I can barely tell how much I'm actually smoking. I like feeling the smoke hit my lungs, I can tell if I'm smoking a little or a lot.

I also like the more instant and temporary nature of smoking versus eating.
Yeah, the stuff hit my husband a lot quicker than it hit me when we tried it. An hour later and he tells me he's stoned. It took a lot longer for me, but when it did, it DID. And our laws specify a lower amount of THC in edibles too. Since it took me by surprise, it kind of blew doing anything productive for the rest of the day. He also told me about one time when he was in college and was served up some pot brownies at a party. It turned out that they were really loaded up with pot. He was so stoned that he laid around nearly comatose for a day and a half. :lol:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

what is the knock against vapes, Vander. I find vaping to be far easier on my old lungs, no difference in effect, and while the taste sensation is a bit different, you can definitely taste the difference between different strains.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Not really a knock, just a practical personal preference with maybe a touch of "get off my lawn" thrown in. I'm not usually looking to get really high, and a full hit is more than I want. I like just a bit touching my lungs, and if I'm not where I want to be yet, I'll do it again. For that, I've found vaporizers more difficult.

While I can appreciate taste, it's mostly secondary to the flavor of the high for me.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Does vaping leave an odor around the house like smoking does?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm Does vaping leave an odor around the house like smoking does?
NO!! It leaves a milder aroma for like 3 minutes. Undetectable by hotel smoke detectors, which was where I got tipped. Travelling folks of my age were at the forefront of adoption here, and the Germans perfected the tech. They are little wonders to travel with! Rave off.By the way, the vapes I use are for dry products, not oils. That is a whole nother animal that has never appealed to me(same sort of personal preference with no real logic past that).
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Interesting. :mrgreen:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Great, I'm surrounded by stoners. :P
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:02 pm Great, I'm surrounded by stoners. :P
LOL inorite? I haven't touched that stuff since I was a kid. Though here is Souther California it's pretty much a given everyone smokes weed.
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

I have never smoked and I never will.
I sometimes walk past people smoking and it smells like ★■◆●
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What? So eating ONE THC-laced candy sucker that took hours to hit me and wasn't even enjoyable makes me a stoner? :roll: Now slick on the other hand, HE'S the connoisseur. :P
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Wow, for once I actually share the same sentiment with him. :lol:
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

of course, moderation and common sense are your guide here.....
George Orwell---"1984"