The civility of the left...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

The civility of the left...

Post by Nightshade »

...is all gone- as if there was any to begin with.

What if the Westboro Church were basically the entire right and they attacked and harassed democrats like this all over the country?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: The civility of the left...

Post by Vander »

Why would you say I'm not civil?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The moment Ted Cruz stops being a massive ★■◆● is the moment he deserves civility. People can't do terrible ★■◆● and hide behind the shield of decorum anymore. ★■◆● 'em.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 pm The moment Ted Cruz stops being a massive ★■◆● is the moment he deserves civility. People can't do terrible ★■◆● and hide behind the shield of decorum anymore. ★■◆● 'em.
So I guess it's ok if I show up outside your classroom door and yell for you to be fired because a hispanic teacher was denied a job because of your white privilege...and also shout you out of restaurants for being a white man taking up my chair which I deserve more because I'm hispanic/Native American.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You could try, but it wouldn't make a goddamn bit of sense because neither of those things are true. Meanwhile Cruz acts like a piece of ★■◆● on a weekly basis and is being called out for it. See, that's the beauty of it all TB. The Constitution gives you the right to act like a total ★■◆●. But it does not give you the right to avoid the consequences of acting as such.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

To every conservative, take a hard look at your own political behavior before you criticize the behavior of your opponent.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ssary.html
The very same conservatives who inspired and encouraged that rhetoric are now admonishing liberals and the left for incivility.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, and I forgot. We have our asswipe in Chief and King of incivility, Donald J. Trump. Worried about lefty incivility? Better start looking at your own party and it's leaders before you start throwing accusations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-b ... rez-2018-9
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

You can do all kinds of bullsh!t that devastates lives, but you have to use your indoor voice.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 am Oh, and I forgot. We have our asswipe in Chief and King of incivility, Donald J. Trump. Worried about lefty incivility? Better start looking at your own party and it's leaders before you start throwing accusations.

Trump is going to say garbage- and EVERYONE knows it's garbage. A bunch of GOP voters aren't chasing down democrats at their homes and at restaurants harassing them.

If that had actually happened, the internet would be FILLED with video of GOP voters attacking people.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That's because Democrats aren't the ones doing heinous ★■◆● worthy of harassment. Want to stop being harassed? Stop being an irredeemable ★■◆●.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:06 pm That's because Democrats aren't the ones doing heinous ★■◆● worthy of harassment. Want to stop being harassed? Stop being an irredeemable ★■◆●.
BullSh!t. Democrats do heinous ★■◆● all the time. Keith Ellison, U.S. Representative from the Minnesota Congressional Fifth District beat his ex-girlfriend and this has most likely been repeated with another ex of his:
MINNEAPOLIS - The former girlfriend of Keith Ellison has released a statement that details her accusations of domestic abuse against the U.S. Representative from the Minnesota Congressional Fifth District.

The accusations were originally leveled by Karen Monahan's son Austin in a Facebook post. Monahan, an organizer for the Sierra Club, backed up the post on social media and a statement sent to the media.

Ellison has denied the accusations and released a statement: "Karen and I were in a long-term relationship which ended in 2016, and I still care deeply for her well-being. This video does not exist because I never behaved in this way, and any characterization otherwise is false," the statement issued through Ellison's spokesman reads.

Political impact

Ellison has been the perceived front runner in the DFL primary for Attorney General, but he faces serious competition in Tuesday's election from Rep. Debra Hilstrom, Minneapolis attorney Matt Pelikan, former Commerce Commissioner Mike Rothman and former Ramsey County Attorney Tom Foley.
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/mon ... -583377145

So here we have a woman-beater running for Attn. General for the democrats and has been regarded as a 'democrat rising star.'
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but Ellison is asking the Ethics Committee to investigate the allegations against him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... tions.html

Anyways, Nightshade gets my vote to be civility hall monitor.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:41 pm I don't know if he's guilty or not, but Ellison is asking the Ethics Committee to investigate the allegations against him.
...and he knows those "Ethics Committee" investigations go nowhere. He should be civilly if not criminally prosecuted for his actions.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Update: More "civility" from the left...
The owner of the D.C. restaurant where protestors forced out Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and his wife earlier this week says that his staff and their families have received death threats.

"I am blessed to work with the staff who have handled the harassment and life-threatening messages we and our families have received in the wake of the event," Fabio Trabocchi wrote in a statement released Wednesday.

"They have shown remarkable grit and calm," he said. "It is scary to hear anger directed at you and those you love-- I am lucky to work with brave people who respect our work."

The Hill could not reach a representative for the restaurant to clarify the specifics of the threats at the time of publication.

Trabocchi reiterated sentiments he expressed in a statement released Tuesday, where he said that the restaurant "welcomes all patrons...irrespective of creed, ideology or opinion."

On Monday, a crowd of angry protesters opposing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh confronted Cruz and his wife, driving them out of the restaurant.

Later, the restaurant led Cruz and his wife back inside to complete their meal in peace.

Since then, the restaurant's Yelp page has received a variety of comments, some praising its efforts to allow the Cruzes to eat, others lambasting them. The responses caused the website to post a message saying it was working to remove both the positive and negative responses.

In his statement Wednesday, Trabocchi said he is "in hospitality, not public safety" but has been working to set up additional safety measures so no patrons will be harassed again.

"In the past 24 hours, security and privacy consultants and investigators have implemented additional safety and security measures...across our restaurants to ensure the ongoing and future privacy, safety and security of our staff and guests," Trabocchi wrote.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... z-and-wife
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Do you need a safe space TB?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 am Oh, and I forgot. We have our asswipe in Chief and King of incivility, Donald J. Trump. Worried about lefty incivility? Better start looking at your own party and it's leaders before you start throwing accusations.

Trump is going to say garbage- and EVERYONE knows it's garbage. A bunch of GOP voters aren't chasing down democrats at their homes and at restaurants harassing them.

If that had actually happened, the internet would be FILLED with video of GOP voters attacking people.
Like this, only in real life it's murder?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... lence.html
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

This may be unrelated but the Westboro "church" is just controlled opposition. The devil wants people to get mad at Christians. I wouldn't be surprised if it really consists of special operatives pretending to be independent civilian "Christians" like how your news media is full of military personnel pretending to be journalists.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just curious, but does murder justify murder?