The rampage of the unhinged MOB...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: The rampage of the unhinged MOB...

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 pm
You don't have an "opposing viewpoint." You can't even articulate a coherent view that shows any depth of reason. You just ★■◆● out the garbage you feed on. I feel sorry for people like you who are complete slaves to their negative emotions. It's destructive. Plenty of times people have taken a calm, measured approach to dialog with you in an attempt to coax out some kind of nuance to your political rants, but all have failed because you're void of compassion and understanding for human beings. You are literally a poison in society, and it's not because you have an "opposing viewpoint." You're core worldview is sad, demented, and frankly, horrifying. On top of that, you don't even have the slightest shred of self-awareness to understand the meaning of the words I just wrote. You probably think I'm just a butthurt librul soybot cuck, right? Yeah, nice life of hatred you have there.
Turn that around- you only see me as a hateful vile nazi. Total generalization without even trying discussion. Sure, the world is a full spectrum of 'gray areas' but not so much where right and wrong are concerned. I believe in free speech, the constitution of the United States and the rights it protects- which by the way, protects us from the government. Anything done in government and people that supposedly act out of "compassion" to erode those rights should give everyone pause. Tyrannies arise all too easily.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 pm
Ferno wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm Okay.

Krom: Why are you keeping him around? I'm not joking here.
Sure. Ban me for having an opposing viewpoint. :roll:

Edit: In fact, just close out and delete "Ethics and Commentary" sub forum. Solve all "problems" right there. I'm not joking here.
This coming from a person who relishes 'libruls' crying and gets completely butthurt when people call you on your bull★■◆●.

No one around here is interested in your pity party.

As for free speech? You're not interested in free speech. Just your speech, and the ability to use this board to push extremist drivel.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know guys, there's an easier way to solve this than trying to ban NS and trample on his toes. You know he'll just re-register under another pseudonym and start right back up again with his signature personal fears boogeyman topics. The solution is very simple and involves a little bit of self-restraint and I know it will be damned HARD for most of you to do, even me. The temptation to call him out or call him names is irresistible, so simply, do not allow him to get your collective goats. In other words, ignore him. Don't respond at all. Whenever NS starts one of his usual fear and loathing threads, just do NOT respond, PERIOD. Let the topic die by ignoring it. If any post sits around without a response for a day or two, that will tell me no one wants to engage him and it will make it easier for me to dump it into the trash or the egregious post thread and tidy things up. It'll take work and restraint on our collective parts, but it'll make my job easier in the end. Plus, you'll have to admit, sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, when that rare alignment of the moon and the sun occurs, NS does post a topic that's worthy of discussion. Heaven forbid we miss out on one of those. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:13 pm As for free speech? You're not interested in free speech. Just your speech, and the ability to use this board to push extremist drivel.
The only speech that needs protection is that which makes the majority uncomfortable. It's not the speech that promises unicorns and lollipops. That's the reason we have the 1st Amendment in the United States. You have NO RIGHT to free speech in Canada, Ferno. The government can shut you down if they don't like you without having to justify a single thing.

And of course- no crap. This is a private forum. The owners can ban or allow anything they wish. I have zero say.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Holy ★■◆●, LOL.

Thinking Canada has no free speech.. LOL!

TC: We've heard that line of advice before. It only serves to protect and embolden ★■◆● behaviour. The more you ignore it, the crazier it becomes. Only real way to stop it is to.. not let it happen in the first place. And if he re-registers another account, there's a IP range ban. And if he wants to go so far as to use a VPN, there are tools for that aswell.

"NS does post a topic that's worthy of discussion. Heaven forbid we miss out on one of those" I'd rather not dig through yards and yards of sewage just to get to one worthwhile piece.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 am Holy ★■◆●, LOL.

You have no speech protections Ferno.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Nightshade wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 pmThe only speech that needs protection is that which makes the majority uncomfortable.
Conversely, according to the Supreme Court, the only speech that has constitutional value is that which is true. So confirming everyone hates you shouldn't be your only metric of personal success.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 am TC: We've heard that line of advice before. It only serves to protect and embolden ★■◆● behaviour. The more you ignore it, the crazier it becomes. Only real way to stop it is to.. not let it happen in the first place. And if he re-registers another account, there's a IP range ban. And if he wants to go so far as to use a VPN, there are tools for that aswell.

"NS does post a topic that's worthy of discussion. Heaven forbid we miss out on one of those" I'd rather not dig through yards and yards of sewage just to get to one worthwhile piece.
Like I said, press your case to admin. Or at least ask admin to give me the discretion to toss nearly everything he posts into the trash, out of sight, out of mind, although it may fill up the servers after a bit. If admin approves, I'll gladly do it. Not out of spite mind you, but out of respect for our collective sanity. By the way, wasn't he banned from here once a long time ago for the very same reasons? :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 pm you only see me as a hateful vile nazi. Total generalization without even trying discussion.
Why do you think everyone is calling you a Nazi? You have 5065 posts. Are we generalizing the view of someone with 5065 posts? I think it's safe to say we know you well. And if we are not seeing the "real" you, then you have only yourself to blame. Maybe spend the next 5065 posts trying to change our mind?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am Like I said, press your case to admin. Or at least ask admin to give me the discretion to toss nearly everything he posts into the trash, out of sight, out of mind, although it may fill up the servers after a bit. If admin approves, I'll gladly do it. Not out of spite mind you, but out of respect for our collective sanity. By the way, wasn't he banned from here once a long time ago for the very same reasons? :wink:
If there is something in a forum that you moderate and it is objectively or subjectively trash like most of what NS posts, then by all means send it to the trash bin. You do not need my permission to moderate a forum you are a moderator of. If something gets out of hand, or you feel like you are constantly spinning in circles putting out fires and you want a more heavy handed response, do not hesitate to send me a PM or otherwise ask for my help and I will work with you to find a solution.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

vision wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 pm You don't have an "opposing viewpoint." You can't even articulate a coherent view that shows any depth of reason. You just ★■◆● out the garbage you feed on. I feel sorry for people like you who are complete slaves to their negative emotions. It's destructive. Plenty of times people have taken a calm, measured approach to dialog with you in an attempt to coax out some kind of nuance to your political rants, but all have failed because you're void of compassion and understanding for human beings. You are literally a poison in society, and it's not because you have an "opposing viewpoint." You're core worldview is sad, demented, and frankly, horrifying. On top of that, you don't even have the slightest shred of self-awareness to understand the meaning of the words I just wrote. You probably think I'm just a butthurt librul soybot cuck, right? Yeah, nice life of hatred you have there.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:13 am
Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 am Holy ★■◆●, LOL.

You have no speech protections Ferno.
Given your chosen news sources, of course they tell you we have no free speech. They probably tell you that we've been taken over by the regressive left, or that we're watching the thought police march down the streets of each city. Or even that we have some kind of pedophile ring in a tim hortons basement. Or that our prime minister has secret links to the Illuminati.

Either way, you have no clue what's happening here. Just like how you have no clue what's happening anywhere else. You're basically the bastard child of weekly world news and alex jones.
wasn't he banned from here once a long time ago for the very same reasons?
Yeah, he was. He got banned because he posted some gruesome pictures of people being beheaded under the title of 'this is what islam really is'. And now, he's doing what's called "malicious compliance". Still being a total ★■◆● while just coming under the radar.

Krom: I never got an answer to my question before. Why are you letting him stay?
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You just said it yourself, malicious compliance/still being an ★■◆● while just coming under the radar.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Then aim the radar a bit lower. We don't have to worry about ground clutter here. :P
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm Given your chosen news sources, of course they tell you we have no free speech. They probably tell you that we've been taken over by the regressive left, or that we're watching the thought police march down the streets of each city. Or even that we have some kind of pedophile ring in a tim hortons basement. Or that our prime minister has secret links to the Illuminati.
Bill C-16 much? Compelled speech and essentially thought police in Canada:

https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/

So no. You do NOT have free speech in Canada. If you call someone the wrong thing, you're fined and jailed if you don't pay the fine. This is the entire reason Dr. Jordan Peterson has risen in popularity:

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am Like I said, press your case to admin. Or at least ask admin to give me the discretion to toss nearly everything he posts into the trash, out of sight, out of mind, although it may fill up the servers after a bit. If admin approves, I'll gladly do it. Not out of spite mind you, but out of respect for our collective sanity. By the way, wasn't he banned from here once a long time ago for the very same reasons? :wink:
If there is something in a forum that you moderate and it is objectively or subjectively trash like most of what NS posts, then by all means send it to the trash bin. You do not need my permission to moderate a forum you are a moderator of. If something gets out of hand, or you feel like you are constantly spinning in circles putting out fires and you want a more heavy handed response, do not hesitate to send me a PM or otherwise ask for my help and I will work with you to find a solution.
Whoa. I didn't think that I had those kinds of plenipotentiary powers. :P

OK. Trash is going in the trash, if I can keep up with the constant spam. If Jeff or you don't think that something I put in the trash should be there, it can be moved back at your discretion. Now to fire up the mouse..... :wink:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 pm
OK. Trash is going in the trash, if I can keep up with the constant spam. If Jeff or you don't think that something I put in the trash should be there, it can be moved back at your discretion. Now to fire up the mouse..... :wink:
I've been posting stuff that pisses me off, essentially my 'commentary'- but I'll refrain. No audience for it here except for things that might have wide appeal, like the Apple story.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

If it pisses you off, maybe stop reading it? Especially since most of it is wrong anyway.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Nightshade wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 pm
I've been posting stuff that pisses me off, essentially my 'commentary'- but I'll refrain. No audience for it here except for things that might have wide appeal, like the Apple story.
Then post more stuff like the Apple story and less crazy off the wall stuff that comes from your rumpus room of nightmares. Problem solved. And you're right, nobody want's to read your "commentary".
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 pmIf Jeff or you don't think that something I put in the trash should be there, it can be moved back at your discretion.
Your discretion is good enough for me.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Still, I don't want to be a dictator. Check me if you think I've gone too far.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 pm
Bill C-16 much? Compelled speech and essentially thought police in Canada:

https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/
I'll let you re-read that bill. again, and again, and again. Until you understand what the words mean.

You should probably invest in a dictionary and study what the word 'amend' and 'aggravating' means, because I'm not going to hold your hand on this one.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm Still, I don't want to be a dictator. Check me if you think I've gone too far.
You know what would help? It's something I see on most forums like this but is missing here. There is usually a sticky post that outlines what is acceptable content and behavior. I suggest the admins/mods get together and craft a code of conduct, then moderate the crap out of this forum.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 pm
I'll let you re-read that bill. again, and again, and again. Until you understand what the words mean.

You should probably invest in a dictionary and study what the word 'amend' and 'aggravating' means, because I'm not going to hold your hand on this one.
So the professor that is risking his name and career must also not understand the bill if he sees it as a threat from the government.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

The professor is not a law professor.

Certain words take on a very different meaning when used in the legal arena. And the fact that there has been zero charges or arrests since the bill was passed over a year ago should have told you something.

Want to keep telling me I have no free speech, or are you going to shut the ★■◆● up about it now?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm The professor is not a law professor.

Certain words take on a very different meaning when used in the legal arena. And the fact that there has been zero charges or arrests since the bill was passed over a year ago should have told you something.

Want to keep telling me I have no free speech, or are you going to shut the ★■◆● up about it now?
You have no free speech because you have no free speech protections. You just have speech the government hasn't decided to silence yet.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

And continuing with the subject of this thread...

...THIS is why the left's tactics are dangerous. Now Trump's fanatics are adopting the 'confront and harass strategy' that Pelosi, Waters, et al in the democrat party have supported.

It's going to bite them in the ass. This is just the beginning.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I didn't see anything too bad.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Nightshade wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 amYou have no free speech because you have no free speech protections. You just have speech the government hasn't decided to silence yet.
Freedom of speech is a protected right under Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The right to free speech isn't absolute in any country. For instance sexual harassment is also illegal in the USA. Characterizing the existence of a harassment law that you for some reason disagree with as the nonexistence of freedom of speech protections is hyperbolic and disingenuous.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Nightshade wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 pmSo the professor that is risking his name and career must also not understand the bill if he sees it as a threat from the government.
No, I think that he must misunderstand the bill because the claims that he makes about it are not grounded in reality and have been rebuffed by legal scholars.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

vision wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:58 pmI suggest the admins/mods get together and craft a code of conduct
I'm keen to do this. It seems like a code of conduct is sorely missing from here and might help fill in a lot of the gaps that currently exist in our rules. I'll start a thread in the moderator forum to gauge interest. Assuming this even gets off the ground, if you or anyone else would like to have input on a code of conduct, let me know and we can find some way to get you in the loop as well.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nightshade wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 am
Ferno wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 pm The professor is not a law professor.

You have no free speech because you have no free speech protections. You just have speech the government hasn't decided to silence yet.

Figured you'd move the goal posts like that.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Jeff250 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:58 am
vision wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:58 pmI suggest the admins/mods get together and craft a code of conduct
I'm keen to do this. It seems like a code of conduct is sorely missing from here and might help fill in a lot of the gaps that currently exist in our rules. I'll start a thread in the moderator forum to gauge interest. Assuming this even gets off the ground, if you or anyone else would like to have input on a code of conduct, let me know and we can find some way to get you in the loop as well.
Same here. All debates usually have some governing rules set forth. :wink:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

No more commentary about this?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I think they're stupid people exercising their first amendment protected speech.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 pm I think they're stupid people exercising their first amendment protected speech.

So harassment is cool?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That ★■◆● turtle deserves to be shouted down anywhere he crawls out of his shell.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"I want free speech to protect what I say, but I don't want free speech to protect what they say"
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nightshade wrote:So harassment is cool?
I don't think he should've touched McConnell's food or anything (didn't see it, just heard it in narration) but I have absolutely no problem with the guy yelling at him. I would love to be able to call McConnell an douchebag to his face. I doubt I'd stand there and make a spectacle of it, I'd probably just walk by dropping a low key "jerkoff" under my breath. But hey, who am I to judge how someone wants to express their displeasure as long as it's kept to words.

Same thing with the stupid people in the Pelosi video. Pounding on the door is probably too far, but all the screaming and yelling I'm fine with.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »