Original Campaigns in Overload?

Forum for the new 6dof game in development by the original makers of Descent.
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Original Campaigns in Overload?

Post by homeyduh »

I highly doubt that there isn't anyone working on a port of the original campaigns for Overload. Any idea who might have that and the status of it? I would love to play the main campaigns from D1 and D2 (maybe even D3) in Overload :)
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Original Campaigns in Overload?

Post by Pumo »

If you search on the Overload Discord channel, you'll find that there are some pretty good ported versions of D1 levels (levels 1,2 & 6), but they are the only ones available as far as I know.
Sadly, there are no other classic D1/D2 campaign levels on there (or at least not that I'm aware of) :(
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Original Campaigns in Overload?

Post by Sirius »

Yeah, I haven't heard of it. I figure it'll probably still happen eventually, but one of the problems is it isn't a straightforward port - you have to redo a whole bunch of stuff because Overload has different textures, different weapons, different robots, and a different trigger system. Especially once you get to D2 - anything that relies on opening walls or guided missile puzzles will have to be changed.