"Remember me" checkbox not working

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

"Remember me" checkbox not working

Post by LightWolf »

Virtually every time I come on here I have to log in, even if I checked "Remember me" a couple hours earlier. Leaving the site logs me off, ignoring the checkbox. This has been happening for at least a month now.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: "Remember me" checkbox not working

Post by Krom »

The most likely causes are:
1) Your board cookies are corrupt in which case use this handy built in utility to delete them: click and or delete them manually if that doesn't work, then restart the browser and try again.
2) Your browser is not accepting cookies at all, for example if you enabled private browsing or you configured your browser to purge cookies on shutdown or installed some other over aggressive privacy/tracking protection/security extension in your browser or OS. In which case you have to either disable the offending extension, or whitelist descentbb.net, or restore the browser setting back.
3) You aren't using HTTPS in your descentbb.net bookmark, the cookie is setup to only work on the secure site so update your bookmark.