WOW, I'm going to play D3 again

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CrossBones
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

WOW, I'm going to play D3 again

Post by CrossBones »

After playing EVE, Freelancer and waiting for ever for Star Citizen, I'm back to my old roots.
Never thought I would see some of the familiar names again. Salutes everyone, and lets
get back to the game.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: WOW, I'm going to play D3 again

Post by Hostile »

After playing EVE? Never stop playing EVE!
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

I played EVE for 10 years, that was more than enough for me. I stopped 5 years ago now, and have installed it a few times since then, but each time just leaves me with no impression whatsoever and I uninstall it again. It got to the point where I had 5 accounts, billions in assets, tons of characters, a complete fleet of dread and carrier alts.. and I just... had enough. I guess I also attribute the game to killing my relationship with my partner, which doesn't help.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

I picked EVE up in summer 2008 and will play it until CCP turns off the servers.... I love EVE.

I would like to try Overload, but I am in the process of moving to a different state and the movers packed up all of my 3dpros. Had I seen this post 2 days earlier, I would be playing it right now... Oh well. EVE is waiting :).

And not to be judgemental because I don't know you or what happened, but in my experience, it is you that let your relationship die. You are just using a video game as a point of focus to deflect from your own personal failings. Now install EVE and fly angry!
CrossBones
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by CrossBones »

Hostile, you were my nightmare, please stay away :)
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

Well I never said it was the sole reason, but it didn't help matters. But to be honest I don't 'blame' EVE' for a failed relationship, I just associate it with that. Naturally there are many reasons for that relationship ending, and it is presumptuous of you to assume I am not aware of that. You're still pretty new though, I mean 2008 was a decade ago admittedly, but I'd already been playing for 5 years at that point. I started testing the game in 2002 while hanging out in Iceland, and played the game from 2003 on-wards. I don't miss the game, at all. What I miss are the people I used to fly with - but now they too have all moved on. If by some fluke they all got back together I might consider playing for one off events. But I will never return to full time playing in the same way I will never return to full time Descent multiplayer, and I'm content with the 10 years of EVE history I took part in and will never forget those times. I still enjoy watching the odd EVE videos too.

Btw, I'm not angry, at all. I've just moved on. There is a difference.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Haha. New. I like that. I guess I got lucky in that most of the group I started playing EVE with all those years ago were my descent friends from ROX and we still play stuff together today more or less off and on. Not limited to EVE, but EVE Is my primary game these days.

I didn't mean to imply you were angry now, I just meant fly angry as a motto in EVE.... :) It is more fun that way.
typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

HOSTILE!

So that's where ya been ya fuckin goon :P
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

★■◆● that ★■◆●. Let’s play D3
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

HaAGen DaZS wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 pm ★■◆● that ★■◆●. Let’s play D3
It'll have to be planned. Jumping in a server and waiting for people to join doesn't work anymore.
Lady Silver organized a game a while back and quite a few showed up. We had a lot of fun for a couple of hours.
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

To be fair, you can't just jump into a game in Overload either and expect a matchup. Even Overload has barely a fraction of the activity that D3 had back in the day. Everyone organizes on Discord these days and that works pretty well most evenings it would seem. All that being said, D3 is suffering from lack of compatibility support and that's putting people off. It really needs a decent patch (at the bare minimum, not to mention the source!) to fix FOV and performance on newer setups.