Windows 10 2004 exoeriences?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Windows 10 2004 exoeriences?

Post by Tunnelcat »

How many of you have had your Windows systems updated to version 2004? Any issues with gaming? I've been reading now that some users are having stuttering issues after going to that version. I've already updated 2 machines to 2004, but I don't use them for gaming exclusively and they seem to work fine. However, I have been plagued with multiple ESENT 642 errors that weren't a problem before. Obviously MS has not done proper housekeeping with this version and incompatible old databases are now a problem. They haven't fixed it yet either, after how many months since they rolled it out? I've gotten rid of a few of the errors by upgrading Edge to Credge, which I don't use anyway but we're all stuck with and getting rid of the Windows.old folder, which of course screws over your 10 day grace period to roll back to version 1909. Right now, I'm waiting to run updates on my gaming rig, because I know MS is going to cram the new version onto it once it pops up. I'm almost thinking of performing that regedit trick to keep 1909 until MS fixes their new hairball of an OS. I miss Windows 7. I had that system totally free of any errors. Haven't been able to accomplish that with 10 at all. :frown:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... 0-updates/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Windows 10 2004 exoeriences?

Post by Krom »

Well it greatly improved the situation on my desktop with monitors having different refresh rates, so now my primary (240 Hz) display doesn't automatically drop to 60 Hz the moment anything happens on my secondary (60 Hz) monitor.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Windows 10 2004 exoeriences?

Post by Tunnelcat »

Welp, my gaming system screwed the pooch trying to upgrade to 2004. I kept getting a repeating USB drive :L error that it had issues and needed scanning that wouldn't go away in the notification panel and MS totally borked the my File Explorer file tree view for some reason which I couldn't fix either. I got pissed off and reverted back to 1909 and for now, I'm blocking it using a registry edit. MS can go eff themselves for forcing this POS "Feature" on me through Windows Update. It ain't ready for prime time.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.