Thank you.

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Thank you.

Post by Tunnelcat »

This comment from a former longtime Republican strategist, Steve Schmidt, about the current crop of Republicans and their seditious attempts to outright overturn the will of the American people, all at the behest of their grand autocrat, Donald Trump. Trump lost the election and though we have yet to see if he will actually leave the White House without being physically thrown out, he's pretty much forever damaged our democracy in his vain and treasonous attempts to keep himself in power at all costs. We're now pretty close to being America, the failed experiment - 1776-2020. :cry:
Steve Schmidt wrote:“That line is in the rear view mirror, Nicolle. They crossed it. They crossed the Rubicon. We cannot be fantastical in wishing what has happened has not happened in our thinking. It has happened. We’ve watched it play out. We’ve watched Trump and his loony attorneys. We’ve watched the declarations of fraud. We’ve seen United States senators, members of the House of Representatives, they all knew — they all know that Biden has won the election. What they’re doing is for no purpose other than power. The Republican Party is an organized conspiracy for the purposes of maintaining power for self-interest, and the self-interest of its donor class.”

“There has never been a force that has achieved power, or is within reach of achieving power in the next election, that’s been so hostile to the history, the founding, the essence and the entire meaning of the country, as is this Trump and Trumpist movement that has taken over lock, stock, and barrel the Republican Party. It’s no longer dedicated to American democracy. It is dedicated to Trump and Trumpism and to his family, to defense of his indecencies, his autocratic manner, his corruptions, an apologist for the profound damage he has done.”
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm sorry if I've been spamming this thread, but this potential development scares the hell of me. Ferno, hold your breath. Your country is possibly less than one month away from having to live next door to a militarized autocracy run by an egomaniac who really doesn't like Canada nor cares if a hostile nation like Russia commits an Act of War and gets away with the largest and most damaging act of cyber war against the U.S. in history because that "president" loves Russia's autocrat. We are about to see if the horrific suggestion of a former convicted felon (who Trump just pardoned) and the installation of a nutty conspiracy theory spouting lawyer as a special counsel will finally destroy the last vestiges of our Democracy, suspend the Constitution and permanently install a new dictator for life, Herr Donald Trump. We are reliving the 1930's in Germany and Trump thralls everywhere are enabling it. History is repeating itself, this time in the U.S. One more month before Trump becomes president for life, declares military tribunals to go after everyone who's crossed him and we're all :owned:

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/12/19 ... -left.html

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/us_world_n ... e2d66.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I'm kind of impressed. It seems like most liberal folks on the net won't go anywhere near allowing that Trump could win. Are you related to Michael Moore? Still, you need to take about 40% off there, TunnelCat. :wink: :mrgreen: <3
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Haven't seen you for awhile Thorne. Yes, Trump lost. Tough ★■◆● sore losers. Take your lumps and preserve our democracy instead of joining Trump and trying to cross the Rubicon by following him like a Brown Shirt as he tries to perform the first actual military coup in the United States of America at the behest of a crazy lawyer and convicted federal felon. You've got 2024 to take your chances again. A lot of knowledgeable and unbiased people have come forward to say that the election was not rigged in any shape, form or fashion. All the Trump lawyers have claimed voter fraud upside and down, but have never produced ANY actual physical evidence other than conspiracy theories that would even come close to satisfying ANY judge, even SCOTUS, so they were promptly laughed out of court. Even AG Barr has just come out and said there was no fraud. The top Trump lawyer right now is an conspiracy theorist nutcase who sees aliens in her bedroom and deep state pedophilia groups running the government. I'm surprised she hasn't been disbarred. Even Giuliani is kissing Trump's ass right now just to get a pardon for all the crimes the SDNY is about to prosecute him for. The fact is, more liberals, independents and suburban women went out and voted this time than Trump thralls, it's that simple. We HATE Trump and we got out the larger vote, period. WE WERE MORE MOTIVATED. Trump's own mishandling and disinformation campaign surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic was also a large factor. He screwed the pooch and is paying for it. And I'm betting that most of the sane conservatives either voted Libertarian, third party, wrote-in or didn't vote at all. I'm even quite sure Spidey didn't vote for Trump either because he's got an actual working brain. Trump supporters need to realize that Trump only won in 2016 because the Dems were stupid enough to run one of the most polarizing and hated people on the planet, Hillary Clinton. :wink:

You call me a liberal like it's a dirty word. I've got news for you. I'm an Independent who leans left and who hates Trump. I don't follow them like sheep, but this time, they're the ONLY sane party. But Trump and crew calling liberals a bunch of communists is absolute bullcrap, so quit listening to Fox News or other "conservative" junk news sites to get your fix. I'm not particularly happy with Biden, but it was either him or Trump and Biden was the definite lesser of 2 evils. I'd even be willing to vote for a Republican in 2024 if that candidate is a true conservative who doesn't have delusions of dictator-hood, isn't an egomaniac concerned with only his own butt, respects our democracy and the will of the voters, calls out Russia for what it is, a hostile nation-state that needs to have it's ass kicked, has the intelligence to listen to his advisors and make informed decisions for the good of OUR country and not himself or his family like a monarch.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:I'm kind of impressed. It seems like most liberal folks on the net won't go anywhere near allowing that Trump could win.
I'm genuinely curious, how can Trump win? Make me a believer.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sergeant Thorne wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 pm I'm kind of impressed. It seems like most liberal folks on the net won't go anywhere near allowing that Trump could win. Are you related to Michael Moore? Still, you need to take about 40% off there, TunnelCat. :wink: :mrgreen: <3
Trump already lost six weeks ago. This is objective reality. At this point he and every other fascist who's trying to straight-up overturn democracy in this country needs to be tried for treason.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

I, too, am a defender of republican democracy out there shouting "cross the Rubicon."
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Make no mistake. Trump fomented an insurrection today by allowing his deluded thralls to invade and trash the Capital Building. He did this by refusing an early call out for the National Guard today. And when the National Guard finally did arrive to aid the besieged Capital Police in clearing the Capital, they were dressed as law enforcement officials, nary a military uniform on any Guardsman in sight.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2021/01/n ... pitol.html

That's a far cry from the militarized response Trump threw against all those BLM protesters who marched on Washington and DID NOT invade or desecrate the Capital building. Back then, the Guardsman were dressed to the nines in military uniforms like a bunch of Trump Storm Troopers.

What's interesting after today's little "Trump Insurrection" is that any previously planned Republican rebellion over the election results and possible obstruction of the Electoral College certification clown show that WAS supposed to transpire today now seems to have fizzled out like a wet firecracker. Even VP Pence looked shaken up afterwards and stood there defiant and resolute against Trump's continued BS. There's now even talk of using the 25th Amendment to throw Trump out of office just so he won't have 2 more weeks of meddling and egging on his deluded supporters just to keep up his outright lie that the election was rigged against him and that HE'S still the president. That's all these Trumptard idiots were parroting today during their screaming, protesting mania, every talking point and every Tweet that Trump has been bellowing and posting ever since he legally LOST the election. They aren't patriots, they're insurrectionists and dead wrong with what they're doing. And Trump's even screwed up the Republican Party's chance to remain in power in the Senate. His bull★■◆● about a rigged election pretty much dissuaded enough Georgia Republican voters to not go out and vote for the 2 Republican candidates, who have now lost their election to office as well. What's sad is that a woman was shot and died today, INSIDE THE CAPITAL, during all this mayhem and you know who's laughing at the U.S. right now? Trump's favorite dictator, Vladimir Putin.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/national-new ... -has-died/
Trump had encouraged his supporters to come to Washington to fight Congress’ formal approval of President-elect Joe Biden’s win. He held a rally earlier Wednesday and urged his supporters to march to the Capitol, telling them to “get rid of the weak Congress people” and saying, “get the weak ones get out; this is the time for strength.”
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

They're planning a second push on inauguration day. With greater numbers this time.

If you're in the DC area, make plans to get out of the city now.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This time, there WILL be the National Guard deployed around the Capital, unlike when Trump sent his goon squad on a rampage right after his rile-up-his-troops-to-march-on-the-Capital-and-take-back-our-country-by-force speech and didn't bother call in the National Guard just to see if what he'd sown would take root. Make no mistake, it was Trump or Pompeo who had the sole authority to call up the National Guard to protect the Capital. The mayor of D.C. pleaded for help from any government official he could contact and nothing happened for hours. All this unfolded as the strongman of our current Trump Banana Republic sat and watched the mayhem unfold from the comfort of his throne room in some protected location instead of marching along side his thralls like he promised at his rally.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-e ... he-capitol

This is what our autocrat and his family were doing right after Trump's little boner rally and just before his thralls went on their little insurrection rampage.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/08/capitol ... rally.html

But what's sad is that these people really believe the outfight lies and crap they've been spoon fed for 4+ years by Trump and crew. It will take a long time for a lot of them to wake up to the fact they've been used as pawns for the sole purpose of keeping in office an egomaniac, mentally unfit, unpatriotic, military loathing and power hungry autocrat as the president of the United States. History will eventually not be kind to Donald Trump because all that dirt has a way of creeping out from under the Republican carpet given enough time and hindsight.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Something else we have to be thankful for:
So after Twitter and Facebook banned Trump and started rounding up all the Qanon people too, lots of conservatives started fleeing to Parler instead.
Then Apple and Google delisted the Parler app from their app stores citing excessive calls for violence and insufficient moderation.
The CEO and various conservatives started grumbling and bitching, but basically did nothing since the service was still alive for people who already had the apps. Well as it turns out they are using AWS as their hosting provider and Amazon has similar wording in their ToS. So AWS announced they are also banning the platform from their servers effective 11:59 PM tonight. Basically they gave them less than 24 hours to pack up their ★■◆● and get lost (though I imagine AWS will be retaining the data should law enforcement request any copies).

Hahaha most amusing! Good luck finding new hosting since pretty much everywhere has a ToS like that. Maybe they will find some luck with Russian hosting services, I'm sure Putin will give you a great deal!
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Man, you try *one* little insurrection and it's like, people don't want you to be able to post anymore...
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Against my better judgement I entered a *debate* with someone on BookFace and all she could do was say "why is it ok for BLM to burn down Minneapolis? Hmmmm?" It's like, listen duncecap, it's happening right now and race riots and inserections are NOT the same thing. Then I stopped. Just auto-deflect-whataboutism and rationalizing entering the capitol during a joint session. The country really is split. There's arguing with ThunderShunt or Bunny or whatever on the internet and then there's killing cops with fire hydrants for "FREEDOM!!!" These people are lost and I feel really bad for legit conservatives because it is an old political philosophy, but this ★■◆● is crazy and people are making excuses for it.
And now to lighten the mood NSFW ;p
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sooooo do we think woody had the balls to actually be there and let his insurrectionist flag fly, or was he just sitting at home watching gleefully on OAN?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:31 pm Sooooo do we think woody had the balls to actually be there and let his insurrectionist flag fly, or was he just sitting at home watching gleefully on OAN?
I'm gonna take a gander and say.. he went out into the neighborhood all tacticool n sht, and ranted about a stolen election to a cloud.

But if he actually DID go out there, I hope to hell we see his face on the news and that he was charged with sedition.

Oh. And if his story about being a vet turns out to be true, he will have everything stripped away.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh no, the nuttiness is only ramping up. Now the Party of Trump White Supremacist Neo Nazi Demagogues is now saying that the Dems sound like "ISIS" because they're so intolerant of Republican positions according to conservative Candace Owens. ★■◆●. She apparently took exception to John Brennan's little comment about the attempted insurrection by Trump followers and is repeating calls for "Redemption" to make sure millions of Trump lovers get to save some face. So now they're calling for Pro Trump demonstrations in front of every state and federal courthouse in the country to voice their grievances, which means to go out with more violence and mayhem to get their crazy points across. But they don't realize that pushing insanity as a political viewpoint will not change the minds of sane and intelligent people. You're only going to look like crazy thugs.
John Brennan wrote:“Total denunciation of a despot’s legacy is necessary to eradicate any remaining malignancy....”
https://hedgeaccordingly.com/democrats- ... edemption/

So the Dems are intolerant Brownshirts and the equivalent to ISIS? What, you watched Schwarzenegger's recent video and since you can't think for yourselves you cried out: I know you are but what am I? Go look in the ★■◆●ing mirror! You bastards want intolerant, I'll give you a crapload of intolerant. You need to be stomped on AGAIN like cockroaches and squashed with extreme prejudice and sprayed with pesticide. You want legitimacy? Clean your own house before griping about Antifa in the Dems house. You're now the crazy party embracing nutty conspiracy theories like Q anon and coddling and giving people with the most rotten and evil beliefs in the world a political mouthpiece. I'm talking The Proud Boys, The Boogaloo Boys, White Supremacists and Neo Nazis. The Proud Boys were wearing shirts with 6MWE (Six Million Weren't Enough) at that little insurrection party like a badge of honor. Christ Almighty! A World War was fought to wipe their political ideology off the face of the earth, but like cockroaches that hid in crevices over the intervening years, they bred and repopulated. This country is headed towards Civil War for the most inane and nutty of reasons, all at the behest of a political party led by a power hungry demagogue. They've both gone so far deep off the deep end that they need to be institutionalized for being mentally ill and deranged.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I’m at a loss how any of this is going to settle down. The people you are trying to reason with honestly do not understand (even on a base level) how our form of government works. There are checks and balances for a reason. The Supreme Court aren’t just going to do something the president/or CNN wants because of some pressure. They do their jobs. Pence HAD to do his job.

Anyone who calls themselves a defender of democracy doesn’t want voter fraud. I don’t want it, you don’t want it even if your candidate loses. We want the system to be air tight. Over 60 judges threw out the cases. We all know this to be true.

How are these lunatics convincing themselves that they believe in our system even with its flaws? How can you attempt to forcefully with violence try to crash an election and say they believe in freedom and democracy? It doesn’t hold water - AT ALL. And I’m sick of these internet honkys trying to get all technical trying to defend goddam traitors. You can’t participate in this behavior and say you are “pro-democracy”.

Everyone knows the political process is molasses and why it’s hilarious when a president tries to take credit for economic changes that take 5 year cycles. But it’s what we’ve got and BILLIONS OF HUMANS ENVY what we take for granted. They’re talking some of these guys getting 10-20 years for these crimes? ★■◆● em. Fry em.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Why is it Republicans only start calling for "unity" after they have incited some violent mob of terrorists that ultimately stormed their offices intent on murdering a bunch of them and their coworkers?

If you ask me, the best way to bring "unity" with the Republicans is if they all go and ★■◆● themselves. 30 years of conservatives poisoning the country with their ever creeping fascism, using it to strengthen and motivate their base to secure easy votes and suddenly they care about "unity" when the consequences of all the lies turns into a mob breaking down the door? The sad part is Rush Limbaugh/Fox News/Newsmax/etc and all the other fascists aren't going to face any consequences or accountability for their considerable part of it all.
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

This is interesring: There are indications of planning behind the attack.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics ... index.html
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What does it say about concerns for right wing domestic terrorist attacks during Biden's Inauguration when there are more troops surrounding the Capital than in Afghanistan and Iraq COMBINED. Even Republicans who voted for Impeachment this time around are now in fear of their lives due to threats. What a bunch of classy non-patriot asswipes.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:42 pm What does it say about concerns for right wing domestic terrorist attacks during Biden's Inauguration when there are more troops surrounding the Capital than in Afghanistan and Iraq COMBINED. Even Republicans who voted for Impeachment this time around are now in fear of their lives due to threats. What a bunch of classy non-patriot asswipes.

I think you know the answer to that already.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

LightWolf wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm This is interesring: There are indications of planning behind the attack.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics ... index.html
Not only planning, but actual involvement at higher levels in the Pentagon and the Army. The brother of convicted felon and Trump enabler Michael Flynn (who told Trump he should invoke martial law), deputy chief of staff of the Army Charles Flynn, was involved in those key meetings about what to do when the frantic call was received from Capital Police to please send in the National Guard. Of course, the Army denied it, at first. I have a feeling this is only going to get more complicated.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/poli ... index.html
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just in case the government needs proof that the supporters at Trump's little boner rally were inspired by the Orange Emperor to foment an insurrection and invade the Capital, cell phone data allows the FBI to come knocking. The moral is, if you're going to do something illegal, don't take videos and post them for everyone to see and definitely power down your cell phone while performing said illegal acts. :P

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/opin ... -data.html
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am Just in case the government needs proof that the supporters at Trump's little boner rally were inspired by the Orange Emperor to foment an insurrection and invade the Capital, cell phone data allows the FBI to come knocking. The moral is, if you're going to do something illegal, don't take videos and post them for everyone to see and definitely power down your cell phone while performing said illegal acts. :P

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/opin ... -data.html

In case the NYT paywalls the article and animation, here's another:

Youtube account terminated.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

NYT still active fortunately. I deleted the dead video. Makes one wonder what the reason for the video being taken down was in the first place? Angry Trumptards who hate free speech when it hurts their cause?
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Don't believe everything you see on TV. >_>
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe