Baldwin

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Baldwin

Post by Tunnelcat »

New evidence came up that claims the gun, specifically it's firing mechanism, had been modified prior to it being used on the set. So the possibility that it could accidentally fire in the right conditions can't be ruled out now. There's also conflicting accounts that the FBI destroyed the gun when they did all their testing, so that might be an issue. As for the armorer, she was only responsible for the ammunition on the set, so it comes down to whether she was culpable for the live rounds that got into the gun in the first place.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/21/ente ... index.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:32 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Tough luck woody. You can't have your Baldwin hate boner any more.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-dropp ... d=98734243
Curious all the leftist are chortling over this but Baldwin is not off the hook yet:
As someone you would probably call a "leftist", I honestly couldn't give less of a ★■◆● about this guy.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Still the FBI did a complete job of testing it so could of, might of is just conjecture. And I hope you understand the person handling the firearm is ultimately responsibility for it...and Baldwin was the one handling it.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:39 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:35 pm Tough luck woody. You can't have your Baldwin hate boner any more.

Curious all the leftist are chortling over this but Baldwin is not off the hook yet:
As someone you would probably call a "leftist", I honestly couldn't give less of a ★■◆● about this guy.
How about the woman he murdered and her family?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, there's the extreme right liberal hate mongering for you. Indict any leftie no matter what. Why? Because all of the far, FAR right conservative nutcases HATE THE LEFT, including you, so that's reason enough. Would you be so quick to judge if say Clint Eastwood had the same thing happen? I bet not. You're biased woody. Your party's and your own crazy stance on guns is counterproductive to you and the rest of us keeping our gun rights don't you? The crazier you get about guns, the more Americans will begin to push back in ways you and your ilk will not like. No one wants to get shot for going about their normal lives and Americans are now getting sick of it. Arming everyone as your solution will only end up in violent chaos.

You call what Baldwin did a murder. Most would call it an accident. Murder implies intent and Baldwin certainly didn't have intent. Plus, there's a question about the condition of the gun. The defense says it was destroyed. The prosecutor says it was not. If it was altered or damaged during forensic testing, the defense can no longer reliably examine it and test Baldwin's statement that he never pulled the trigger. That in itself is grounds to drop charges against Baldwin based on prosecutorial malfeasance. For the record, I'm not a fan of Baldwin either, other than he did a really good lambasting of Trump. If he could do that with Biden, I'd watch and enjoy it.

https://www.vulture.com/2023/03/what-ha ... ldwin.html

In the meantime, this country is having a mini pandemic of rage shootings, all for the most insipid and stupid reasons, like a child retrieving a basketball from a neighbor's yard, or a cheerleader getting into the wrong car, or a car full of girls pulling into the wrong driveway, or a black kid knocking on the wrong door. I don't see your rage being focused about these misuses of a weapon? How about road rage when driving past an erratic driver? You'll notice the idiot has his finger on the trigger of the pistol. Not the brightest bulb on the tree who should even own a gun in the first place.

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am

If he's found guilty, lock him up. It's no more relevant to me than any other criminal case, celebrity or otherwise.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:44 pm
woodchip wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am

If he's found guilty, lock him up. It's no more relevant to me than any other criminal case, celebrity or otherwise.
If you or I committed manslaughter, we'd face prison because we're not rich or famous. Deshaun Watson raped 26 women and he's now one of the highest paid players in the NFL. "Found guilty" and innocent are not the same.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

One of these days that shithead with the gun may end up messing with wrong person. The graveyard is filled with fools like him.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

The US justice system is broken. Hardly a new revelation.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:58 pm The US justice system is broken. Hardly a new revelation.
But that's not the point here. The issue is if I hand you a gun, it's now completely your responsibility to know everything about the gun's condition: If it's cocked or uncocked, round in the chamber or under the hammer, do the shells need replacing, knowing the ammunition type, and more. Baldwin believed he hadn't cocked the gun, so he didn't even check how far back the hammer was pulled on his single action revolver. Just completely unacceptable.

There's little discussion to be had here other than a talk about gun safety, which is always worth having. We don't talk enough about true gun safety.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep. Apparently he was trying to demonstrate how he was supposed to pull back the hammer for the scene and when he let go, it fired. He should've known better. I think the armorer is supposed to school the actors on their gun use.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but if I'm an actor on a film set, there's no reason I should have to think about the possibility of my gun having live rounds in it, because there's no way in hell it should EVER have live rounds in it. Granted this is all complicated by the fact that Baldwin is the film's producer, so he's responsible for hiring a complete ★■◆●-up of an armorer.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I was going to say I suspect foul play. :P
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe