Feel Safer?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Feel Safer?

Post by woodchip »

So with all the anti-gun rhetoric being pushed by the left, how much good are they really doing. Lets see what the FBI has to say:
"FBI: Gun sales over 1 million 47 months straight". In case you are poor in math that's 47 million guns in almost 4 years, Keep talking about how you are going to ban this and ban that, in the end you are only going to encourage people to buy more.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Feel Safer?

Post by Krom »

So you agree that people having more guns does not mean it is more safe.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:33 am So you agree that people having more guns does not mean it is more safe.
No, it means that all the talk about banning guns is encouraging people to buy more guns. My feeling is you can never have enough guns.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Eventually the USA will become a cesspool of crime (more than it is today) and people will simply be killed by the thousand daily. More guns does not equate safety.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

What a shitty thing to gloat over.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yes woody, we all know that dumb rednecks have been convinced by their handlers en masse to become psychotic ammosexuals.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I know some friends of a relative who packed up and left the U.S. and moved to New Zealand, all because they were tired and afraid of all the shootings here. Woody is right about gun sales. When our gun control measure passed, gun sales went through the roof in Oregon. The law is currently being litigated, which has only spurred it on more. People are weird. What's going to happen is that we'll all be shooting each other until everyone in this this country is dead, because right now, the police are understaffed, in poor morale and overworked and it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Personally, I don't feel safer, even owning a gun, because I could be shot by some jackass with anger management issues if they take exception to my driving one day just going to the store. I can also be shot while shopping these days too.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:29 pm What a shitty thing to gloat over.
Who's gloating?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:46 pm Yes woody, we all know that dumb rednecks have been convinced by their handlers en masse to become psychotic ammosexuals.
And we know dumb liberals will believe what the mainstream opinion writers will tell them.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:01 pm And we know dumb liberals will believe what the mainstream opinion writers will tell them.
You have no comebacks whatsoever. Your entire discourse is at the level of a 4-year-old on the playground yelling "No, you are!"

Anyone who looks at gun control legislation and has the immediate reaction to run out and hoard a bunch of guns is mentally deranged. Full stop.

This is the world woody is okay with. Because compensating for your tiny dick with a massive assault rifle is more important than innocent lives.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:02 pm I know some friends of a relative who packed up and left the U.S. and moved to New Zealand, all because they were tired and afraid of all the shootings here. Woody is right about gun sales. When our gun control measure passed, gun sales went through the roof in Oregon. The law is currently being litigated, which has only spurred it on more. People are weird. What's going to happen is that we'll all be shooting each other until everyone in this this country is dead, because right now, the police are understaffed, in poor morale and overworked and it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Personally, I don't feel safer, even owning a gun, because I could be shot by some jackass with anger management issues if they take exception to my driving one day just going to the store. I can also be shot while shopping these days too.
First will you like a list of how many people leave blue states to red states? You know...where all the rednecks are. You realize that there are now over half the state have constitutional carry instead of having to get a CPL license to carry a firearm? Yes there is a low moral in some police depts. And why is that? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:04 pm
woodchip wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:01 pm And we know dumb liberals will believe what the mainstream opinion writers will tell them.
You have no comebacks whatsoever. Your entire discourse is at the level of a 4-year-old on the playground yelling "No, you are!"

Anyone who looks at gun control legislation and has the immediate reaction to run out and hoard a bunch of guns is mentally deranged. Full stop.

This is the world woody is okay with. Because compensating for your tiny dick with a massive assault rifle is more important than innocent lives.

So do you feel better now that you tried to put me down? Massive assault rifle, don't need it as I don't need to "spray and pray" like inexperienced types like you. But then I look to protect the innocent. Unlike you and your antifa and blm friends.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

You couldn't protect jack ★■◆●. You'd piss yourself at the first sign of any actual danger.

And oh look, your friend was every bit as much of a nutjob as the rest of your ilk:
In May, Carriker shared posts from pro-gun groups supporting former President Donald Trump and the Second Amendment. In June, he shared a mocking video of a speech by President Joe Biden and added his view that Biden was trying to “take our arms.”
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Who's gloating?
Congratulations. You've scored a big win against anti-gun rhetoric pushing left.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:16 pm First will you like a list of how many people leave blue states to red states? You know...where all the rednecks are. You realize that there are now over half the state have constitutional carry instead of having to get a CPL license to carry a firearm? Yes there is a low moral in some police depts. And why is that? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.
You are dead wrong on which states have the highest gun violence. It appears that more guns and more gun access equals more gun deaths and violence. State by state it shows. The top state for mass shootings is good ol' redneck Texas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ariannajoh ... heres-why/

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... e-by-state

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics ... index.html

As for more people moving to red states, some of that is people fleeing California and it's high cost of living and yes, the crazy governor and his crazy ideas. I don't even want to move there. The rest is due to what's called the Big Sort, which is directly related to the political polarization in this country right now. Blue moving to blue, red moving to red, all because we hate each other, can't tolerate each other and refuse to compromise. Time to hunker down and shoot at each other across state lines, because we sure as hell refuse to see each other's positions and talk.

https://www.masslive.com/politics/2023/ ... rized.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:08 pm You couldn't protect jack ★■◆●. You'd piss yourself at the first sign of any actual danger.

And oh look, your friend was every bit as much of a nutjob as the rest of your ilk:
In May, Carriker shared posts from pro-gun groups supporting former President Donald Trump and the Second Amendment. In June, he shared a mocking video of a speech by President Joe Biden and added his view that Biden was trying to “take our arms.”
So when you post a video mocking someone it's Ok? And more demeaning post to make up for your failures.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:38 pm
woodchip wrote:Who's gloating?
Congratulations. You've scored a big win against anti-gun rhetoric pushing left.
I didn't score anything. You,OTH, failed in your attempt at sarcasm.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:29 pm
woodchip wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:16 pm First will you like a list of how many people leave blue states to red states? You know...where all the rednecks are. You realize that there are now over half the state have constitutional carry instead of having to get a CPL license to carry a firearm? Yes there is a low moral in some police depts. And why is that? 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.
You are dead wrong on which states have the highest gun violence. It appears that more guns and more gun access equals more gun deaths and violence. State by state it shows. The top state for mass shootings is good ol' redneck Texas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ariannajoh ... heres-why/

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... e-by-state

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics ... index.html

As for more people moving to red states, some of that is people fleeing California and it's high cost of living and yes, the crazy governor and his crazy ideas. I don't even want to move there. The rest is due to what's called the Big Sort, which is directly related to the political polarization in this country right now. Blue moving to blue, red moving to red, all because we hate each other, can't tolerate each other and refuse to compromise. Time to hunker down and shoot at each other across state lines, because we sure as hell refuse to see each other's positions and talk.

https://www.masslive.com/politics/2023/ ... rized.html
First off your reading comprehension fails you once again. Did I say anywhere in this post about which state has the most gun violence? Or are you trying to misdirect like a good little opinion writer. And your babbling about blue to blue, red to red is bs. People are moving to red states as they are better run and lower taxes. Look at your own state where half of the counties want to secede and join Utah.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

This thread IS about guns right? I'm just pointing out that once these people migrate out of safer blue states to more violent red states, they may change their minds about living in their new states, despite the lower taxes. Plus, when they figure out that schools in red states are more underfunded and by extension have more uneducated people and neighbors around, that own guns, they'll quickly sour on their living situation.

As for all the Oregonians wanting to secede, they can just jolly well move to their ideal redneck state, Idaho, where they're free to buy all the guns they want, or even join up with those white supremacist militia groups and play war or perhaps move into some of those polygamist sects in Northern Idaho and marry prepubescent girls whenever they want young pussy to screw at will. That'll leave areas of our beautiful state more attractive for more blue immigrants to move into.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:I didn't score anything. You,OTH, failed in your attempt at sarcasm.
Sarcasm is dead.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:30 am So with all the anti-gun rhetoric being pushed by the left, how much good are they really doing. Lets see what the FBI has to say:
"FBI: Gun sales over 1 million 47 months straight". In case you are poor in math that's 47 million guns in almost 4 years, Keep talking about how you are going to ban this and ban that, in the end you are only going to encourage people to buy more.
woody, why even make the post? We have literally nothing to fear from Common Sense™ gun control. Guns won.

All you're doing is rubbing it in the faces of those who are against guns, boasting that the pro-gun movement has been a back-to-back champion, only being defeated in some cases.

Again, guns won and 16 more years of democrats in the white house can't defeat them. We will have 100,000 kids, no a million, kids die in mass shootings and nothing will change. The arguments are done. There's nothing to debate.

Being pro-gun online is pointless because the only ground left to gain involves issues like short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, not being allowed to carry in federal buildings, enforceable no-gun signs, restrictions on felons owning guns, states being able to have their own gun laws, not being allowed to possess a gun while intoxicated, and not being able to carry within 1,000 feet of a school without a permit. Did I forget any? The fact I can name these off the top of my head shows how close to complete the pro-gun movement is. My point is that there is very little ground left for the pro-gun movement to gain except these really difficult remaining obstacles.

It's like environmentalists telling us to drive less and you're doing donuts in your pickup in front of their protest.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

And here I am, reading news reports about people getting shot over jetskis.

Quite the win, right? You really owned us on that one.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

So Ferno only reads the first paragraph then tries to contribute.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And woody hasn't responded back to the other thread either, to at least answer my question, is he Neo Nazi? Very simple, very easy. Either you agree with their evil views or you don't. Because right now, our gun problem and Neo Nazis go together hand in hand.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:07 pm And woody hasn't responded back to the other thread either, to at least answer my question, is he Neo Nazi? Very simple, very easy. Either you agree with their evil views or you don't. Because right now, our gun problem and Neo Nazis go together hand in hand.
The only good Nazi is a dead one.

As far as guns go, you need to feel hopeless about gun control. Mass shootings are the norm. It's clear no amount will change anything. As I said before, we'll have a million children die in mass shootings: guns won. It's clear we need to raise the bar on who has access to firearms, but nothing like that will happen. My post above goes into better detail.
Isaac wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Again, guns won and 16 more years of democrats in the white house can't defeat them. We will have 100,000 kids, no a million, kids die in mass shootings and nothing will change. The arguments are done. There's nothing to debate.

Being pro-gun online is pointless because the only ground left to gain involves issues like short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, not being allowed to carry in federal buildings, enforceable no-gun signs, restrictions on felons owning guns, states being able to have their own gun laws, not being allowed to possess a gun while intoxicated, and not being able to carry within 1,000 feet of a school without a permit. Did I forget any? The fact I can name these off the top of my head shows how close to complete the pro-gun movement is. My point is that there is very little ground left for the pro-gun movement to gain except these really difficult remaining obstacles.

It's like environmentalists telling us to drive less and you're doing donuts in your pickup in front of their protest.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I remain of the firm opinion that the framers of the Constitution would be shitting themselves if they saw what gun lobbyists had twisted the 2nd Amendment into.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Isaac, why do you think I'm a gun owner. It's not because they give me a hard on or something, like they do to most die hard right wing gun owners. Right wingers may be afraid of the government, but personally, I'm afraid of the batshit crazy Fascists running around right now saying they're doing all this BS for family and 'Merica like a bunch of twisted patriots. I got news. I'm an American and I love my country. I'm not some commie pinko tyranny deserving of death.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

This is the gun I want.

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Top Gun wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:01 pm I remain of the firm opinion that the framers of the Constitution would be shitting themselves if they saw what gun lobbyists had twisted the 2nd Amendment into.
I agree. We are not 300 years in the past but some of you Americans want to go back there.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:26 pm Isaac, why do you think I'm a gun owner. It's not because they give me a hard on or something, like they do to most die hard right wing gun owners. Right wingers may be afraid of the government, but personally, I'm afraid of the batshit crazy Fascists running around right now saying they're doing all this BS for family and 'Merica like a bunch of twisted patriots. I got news. I'm an American and I love my country. I'm not some commie pinko tyranny deserving of death.
Personal gun ownership wasn't what I'm arguing against. My argument is that these online debates are pointless: Guns won a long time ago. People on this forum argue like there's ground to be gained or lost... there isn't. What was the last major thing banned? Bump-stocks? Something most gun owners didn't even buy and was only banned because it was used in the Las Vegas shooting. IMO he probably killed fewer people using a bump stock vs a red dot scope with no magnification sighted to the correct distance. Nothing of any significance will change.

I'm pro-gun, have purchased many, but I don't think it matters at this point if I argue a little for the losing side, because the last 20 years has taught me, my gun rights are very safe.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:31 am So Ferno only reads the first paragraph then tries to contribute.
Because this thread is exactly like the other thousand threads we've had on this same subject.

Woody is being the usual petulant lying right-wing ★■◆●, tunnelcat is rehashing her position like usual, you're just being a little snitty kid like usual, Top gun is doing his usual sarcastic jabs that people need, merlin is talking sense as usual.

So, what have I missed, Serpico? Is there a piece of new information in this thread? No. It's the same ★■◆●.

Unless YOU have something groundbreaking on this subject, say a piece of newly-found explanation that shows what drives gun nuts to be gun nuts, you don't have anything at all worthwhile to say. The only thing you've shown to everyone here, is that you're an annoyance. The only engagement you're getting from the others here is surface level.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Things Ferno says while having in a temper tantrum:
Ferno wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:18 pm you're just being a little snitty kid like usual
Ferno wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:18 pm The only thing you've shown to everyone here, is that you're an annoyance.
How would you know? You didn't read it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, you're right Isaac. This is only beating a dead horse. Woody only posted this to massage some sort of superiority complex. And Ferno, I have a pretty good idea of what drives gun nuts and it has to do with 2 things. Power and sex, which drives just about everything human males crave. Except for you. I'm not sure what drives you.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I blame the Watchers (book of Enoch). I think eventually weapons would have been made but they brought in too many bad things too early.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

However wrote that book must've been severely depressed, or obsessed with war and death. I think someone needed and intervention back then before they put words to papyrus or calf skin. :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:07 pm And woody hasn't responded back to the other thread either, to at least answer my question, is he Neo Nazi? Very simple, very easy. Either you agree with their evil views or you don't. Because right now, our gun problem and Neo Nazis go together hand in hand.
Wow TC, you trying to paint me into something you want me to be? No, not a Nazis but then I'm not some faggot running around waving his wang in a parade at the kiddies on the sidelines, nor am I a tranny spouting, " we're coming to take your kids". Nor am I a idiotic BLM'er that thinks de-funding the police is a good idea or that abortion rights isn't anything other than murder. Or condone open borders as something to promote child sex slavery. As to Neo Nazis and gun problem goes together is so much horse puckey.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Isaac wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:36 pm

As far as guns go, you need to feel hopeless about gun control. Mass shootings are the norm. It's clear no amount will change anything. As I said before, we'll have a million children die in mass shootings: guns won. It's clear we need to raise the bar on who has access to firearms, but nothing like that will happen. My post above goes into better detail.
Would you like to know what the cause of the largest child body count here in Michigan was? Not some crazy armed with a AR-15. Nope it was some crazy packing a car full of explosives and driving it into a elementary school back in the 30's. More recently in China (where guns are banned), a crazy went into a school and killed 3 kids and 3 adults...with a knife. So in short, if a crazy want to kill people he'll find a way. Whether by flying a plane into a building or shooting them, I suspect the hate being jin'ed up by extremist's of all stripes is killing more people than any weapon or explosive.
Isaac wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Being pro-gun online is pointless because the only ground left to gain involves issues like short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, not being allowed to carry in federal buildings, enforceable no-gun signs, restrictions on felons owning guns, states being able to have their own gun laws, not being allowed to possess a gun while intoxicated, and not being able to carry within 1,000 feet of a school without a permit. Did I forget any?
Yeah, little things like red flag laws, states arresting CPL holders as they attempt to drive through their state and prosecutors ignoring law,
letting people off because they are black (MSU shooter for one).

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:58 amWow TC, you trying to paint me into something you want me to be? No, not a Nazis but then I'm not some faggot running around waving his wang in a parade at the kiddies on the sidelines, nor am I a tranny spouting, " we're coming to take your kids". Nor am I a idiotic BLM'er that thinks de-funding the police is a good idea or that abortion rights isn't anything other than murder. Or condone open borders as something to promote child sex slavery. As to Neo Nazis and gun problem goes together is so much horse puckey.
Culture War BINGO!
  • Nazis
  • faggot
  • tranny
  • BLM
  • de-funding the police
  • abortion rights
  • open borders
  • child sex
  • gun problem
What an amazing post. I've never seen so much bull★■◆● condensed into a single paragraph. ChatGPT must have wrote it for him.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

There's nothing to paint you f****** s*** head. You showed your true colors long ago.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

He's irredeemable human garbage.