RIP Gonzo

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

RIP Gonzo

Post by Hattrick »

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to let the community know that my Dad, Robert ( Gonzo) Gonzalez passed away quietly in his sleep this past Sunday.
I know that he considered his days of playing Descent some of his favorite times and considered a lot of you he met friends. Every time our playing days came up he perked up and started reminiscing about the fun we had and even the ★■◆● he stirred up! He definitely could be hard to deal with but also loved this game and the community as a whole.
Do me a favor. If you can, Call your parents, give them a hug, tell them you love them. You never know when it will be the last time.
Take care everyone! my thoughts are now filled with some great chat room time and games we all had!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Amazingly still alive.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: RIP Gonzo

Post by CDN_Merlin »

My condolences.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Sorry to hear that. Though we never became friends, despite our disagreements I respected him deeply and always enjoyed facing him in the mines. He was a part of the fabric of the Descent community and he will be missed. We are less without him.

Condolences to you and the family. I wish you all the best.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Condolences. We played a lot of D3!
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Noooo!
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Missed this thread.

Been missing Gonzo for years. We had a blast in game and on the irc chat. I only recently said at a D3 LAN that - if I went to the USA once - I'd check if I find Robert to meet him...

My condolences.

:-(
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Wow, another Descent player has left the mines. I've heard about him, but never played alongside him. R.I.P. :(
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.