Real Science

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Real Science

Post by Tunnelcat »

Pretending what? Woody claims liberals are stupid. I claim the current Republican Party is mentally unstable, fueled by greed and conspiracy theories, craves power so much that they're willing to destroy democracy to get it, have already passed state level laws full of hate and Neofascism, push book bans or burn books they don't like, and are driven only by revenge in the service of Trump, not service to this country. Did I miss anything?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:21 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:21 pm
Krom wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:58 pm So practically the first article I found linked on a search engine I hardly ever use turned up this interesting tidbit:
It so happens that Brown is the co-director of the climate and energy team at the Breakthrough Institute, a nonprofit known for courting controversy and pushing “ecomodernism,” or relying on technology to help humanity adapt to climate change. Implied is the idea that global warming isn’t as catastrophic as many scientists warn it could be, further implying that action to transition from fossil fuels isn’t so urgent.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html

Bet if you follow that guy's pay stub from the nonprofit you will find a mildly disguised oil company bank account before too long.
Literally billions of dollars have been paid by fossil fuel companies to promote climate denialism. Climate scientists couldn't match that level of propaganda even if they wanted to. Just ask yourselves who makes more money, climate scientists or fossil fuel CEOs?
Counter-intelligence agents came up with the term “climate denialism.” I’m sure the scientists have enough motivation to lie, even if it’s not always money.
Like their motivation to hide that the Earth is flat... just for shits and giggles. :roll:
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

The Reptilicans are pretending to be conspiracy theorists. Imitate your enemy.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:48 am The Reptilicans are pretending to be conspiracy theorists. Imitate your enemy.
Is that what you're doing?
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

No, but I'm not trolling like you. I'm not a counter-intelligence operative.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:35 am No, but I'm not trolling like you.
True, I hear you're homophobic. I'm not, so I'm nothing like you.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

There's no such thing as homophobic. Homosexuality is a sin. Sin leads to hell. I'm not a Republican, never was, and never will be.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Oh Neo/Callisto, you're such a shitty little guy.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:26 am There's no such thing as homophobic. Homosexuality is a sin. Sin leads to hell. I'm not a Republican, never was, and never will be.
You know what else is a sin? Claiming to speak for God, like you do ('I talked to God and he told me X').
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:26 am There's no such thing as homophobic. Homosexuality is a sin. Sin leads to hell. I'm not a Republican, never was, and never will be.
Can you clarify that? What do you mean it doesn't exist?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Do you realize Neo, that homosexual behaviors have been documented in other animals and it's actually beneficial to their societal and sexual interactions and survival? So essentially, God created homosexual behavior. Why would God do that if he thinks it's an abomination? It would also mean that it's not a "choice", but a "trait". If it's not a choice, it can't be a sin. If it were counter to any species' survival, the behavior would've died out long ago as well. So you have to ask yourself, why does religion get so involved with sex of any type, period?

https://blog.nwf.org/2022/06/new-scienc ... -wildlife/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

When your book says for you not to do it, whatever. Don't do it.

When your book says for me to not do it, you can get fucked.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:52 pm Do you realize Neo, that homosexual behaviors have been documented in other animals and it's actually beneficial to their societal and sexual interactions and survival? So essentially, God created homosexual behavior. Why would God do that if he thinks it's an abomination? It would also mean that it's not a "choice", but a "trait". If it's not a choice, it can't be a sin. If it were counter to any species' survival, the behavior would've died out long ago as well. So you have to ask yourself, why does religion get so involved with sex of any type, period?

https://blog.nwf.org/2022/06/new-scienc ... -wildlife/
Dude can't even explain why the moon isn't flat. You expect him to explain his homophobia?
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

TigerRaptor wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:31 am Oh Neo/Callisto, you're such a shitty little guy.
For the nth time, I wasn't callisto, man. I still don't know who that was.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:18 am
TigerRaptor wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:31 am Oh Neo/Callisto, you're such a shitty little guy.
For the nth time, I wasn't callisto, man. I still don't know who that was.
It's not like you'd tell the truth. You've lied to me before: saying you'd disprove the flat moon, but that was a lie.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

While Callisto never posted here, he was a very annoying shithole on PXO and in the game. A lot like you, Neo.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

TigerRaptor wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:59 pm While Callisto never posted here, he was a very annoying shithole on PXO and in the game. A lot like you, Neo.
In the same way? Like, did Callisto have similar beliefs?
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I fought him before. I thought he was funny. Isaac check your inbox :) He never talked about beliefs; he didn't play descent 3 to talk, apparently.

There were a lot of people who were similar or the same, like the ones who bullied me. Bubbalou is the one who made up that I'm Callisto.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 am
You know what else is a sin? Claiming to speak for God, like you do ('I talked to God and he told me X').
No it isn't. All the prophets spoke God's words to people. ("Thus says the Lord..")

Tunnelcat, do you understand what the Republicans are trying to do now?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:31 am I fought him before. I thought he was funny.
You've lied to me before. What's saying you're telling the truth now. You see it would just be better for you if you just answered me on the thread in the cafe.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

This community has seen its share of clowns, but you Neo, you're the clown with the crown, the royal pain in the ass. Also, don't sit there and point the finger at others, you've done your share bullying as well over the years.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Obvious troll is obvious with Isaac
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Why is who callisto is important? Don’t turn this into a flame war.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I'll reiterate. Neo/Callisto
Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:59 am Obvious troll is obvious with Isaac
"don't sit there and point the finger at others"
Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 am Why is who callisto is important? Don’t turn this into a flame war.
One flame boiled ass clown coming up.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:38 am
Right now? Trying to get rid of every Dem they can find, no matter how much they destroy the country attempting that and to exact revenge for any and all slights and attacks against their Prophet, Trump. What they what for the country is to create a white only, Christian only, hetero families only, no abortion at all, plenty of oil drilling, guns for everyone, no worry about those pesky climate and ecological disasters that will get more frequent and more expensive, totally get rid of Social Security and Medicare, let Russia take over Ukraine because it's cheaper and everyone else who doesn't fit their Neo-Fascist, racist, antisemitic vision of this country can go into hiding, shut the ★■◆● up and especially, never EVER seek power again. In short, civil war.

I have news for them. There are more independents, minorities and left leaning people in this country than them. Repubs are outnumbered, period. People won't like what they're serving up if they take over. There are now so many guns in this country, thank you very much, that even liberal people are armed and won't take the twisted Repub ideal lying down.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Guys, do you want to try to prove Neo's vision of the world wrong, or flame each other? If it's flame each other, I will close this thread. Take it over to No Holds Barred if you want flaming.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:59 am Obvious troll is obvious with Isaac
When have I trolled you? I've been as honest as I can. I wish you could do the same for me.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:33 pm Guys, do you want to try to prove Neo's vision of the world wrong, or flame each other? If it's flame each other, I will close this thread. Take it over to No Holds Barred if you want flaming.
We've tried. Many times. Dude just comes back with more 'flat earth' nonsense. So, you'd be closing a lot of threads. In no holds barred would be pointless. The only solution is to muzzle Neo for a month.

I know you don't want to, but the only way to stop this Frankenstein merry-go-round is to shut down what's powering it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:26 pm We've tried. Many times. Dude just comes back with more 'flat earth' nonsense. So, you'd be closing a lot of threads. In no holds barred would be pointless. The only solution is to muzzle Neo for a month.
If it was only for the flat earth stuff, I think a temp ban would be out of line. It's the homophobia that probably deserves a warning and I have yet to see a mod issue a warning.

At minimum it should be

warning :arrow: temp ban :arrow: longer temp ban :arrow: perm ban, allowing an appeal in the form of an apology and promise of reform, PM'd to the mods :arrow: perm ban with no appeal.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I was holding back and adding some humor to this marlarkey. TC you asked to stop, so I did. Until his flat earth, gay bashing, spirit talking bull★■◆● comes to an end, the nonsense will continue.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:38 am
Darth Wang wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 am
No it isn't. All the prophets spoke God's words to people. ("Thus says the Lord..")

My church always taught that there were no more true prophets after the Bible canon was assembled, and there wouldn't be any more until the second coming. There would only be false prophets - like you.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Your church taught the wrong thing so you wouldn't want any spiritual gifts. See Joel 2 and 3

Christianity isn't "gay" bashing. People hate us because they hated Jesus too. I don't care about being banned. You just don't want to hear what you don't agree with. If love is love, why are you so rude to Christians?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:44 am Your church taught the wrong thing so you wouldn't want any spiritual gifts. See Joel 2 and 3
And of course you, random stranger on the internet, know better than anyone else. :roll:
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:38 am
Neo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:44 am Your church taught the wrong thing so you wouldn't want any spiritual gifts. See Joel 2 and 3
And of course you, random stranger on the internet, know better than anyone else. :roll:
Hey, it's up to you, man. A lot of Christians think the way I do about spiritual gifts. Look it up.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Many people hate Christians? Well gee golly jeepers I wonder why. Maybe if people who follow Christ actually followed Christ instead of being so f****** judgmental, there wouldn't be so much anger. Kind of a no brainer, don't you think?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Christianity isn't "gay" bashing. People hate us because they hated Jesus too. I don't care about being banned. You just don't want to hear what you don't agree with. If love is love, why are you so rude to Christians?
You've got something wrong. Most people, including me, don't hate Jesus. Jesus himself said nothing about homosexuality. He was very loving and forgiving. What we don't like is most Christian's single minded focus concerning the sex lives of everyone else and then making laws that target certain people because they don't like their private sex lives. Why the ★■◆● do you guys even care? If you realized that being gay is not a choice, you'd have nothing to fear. Keep your perverted noses out of other people's sex lives. You are not God's anointed sex police. You don't even follow the words of Jesus, but instead draw from a couple of hateful Bible passages, stuff that didn't even transpire during Jesus' lifetime, ignoring all together his own words. I'd say that makes many Christians haters since they'd prefer to ignore the teachings of Jesus in favor of targeting people they consider "sinners".

No, no one is going to ban you for your "free speech" Neo. But mark my words, you and your vengeful current crop of modern Evangelicals running around the country attacking anyone LGBTQ in a twisted modern culture war in the pursuit of power are NOT followers of Jesus. You'd rather become Jesus' righteous warriors against all you consider sinners, totally ignoring every loving thing Jesus taught. Look into your own heart first and see what modern Evangelical Christians have become, haters. So don't sit there and wonder why many of us hate you back. If you keep straying from your delusions of flat earth into gay bashing, I will lock this thread. I'm tired of reading your attacks. Oh, and yet another thread on science has devolved into either flat earth nonsense or gay bashing topic. Just typical. :roll:
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:46 am
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:38 am
Hey, it's up to you, man. A lot of Christians think the way I do about spiritual gifts. Look it up.
A lot of Christians (in fact, the overwhelming majority of them) think the Earth is round.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

OT: Neo, what is your assessment of Dr. Bart Ehrman?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman

I think he is incredibly interesting and he really isn’t insulting towards Jesus at all. In fact, he considers him probably the most important person in western civilization if not human history. He just seems to think some of his followers are misinformed and/or manipulative.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

A lot of Christians (in fact, the overwhelming majority of them) think the Earth is round.
Flat earth isn't a heaven or hell issue.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:46 pm

Flat earth isn't a heaven or hell issue.
Then what's the point of orchestrating such a ridiculously implausible conspiracy, which would take trillions of dollars every year and the international cooperation of tens of millions of people or more, to cover it up?