Chinese Threat

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Chinese Threat

Post by woodchip »

Seems the Chinese threat is growing. While we are focusing on the Middle East and The Ukraine, we have to realize China's military is now on par with the US. For a good understanding click on link and listen to the two interviews:
https://warriormaven.com/china/can-the- ... me-special
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Chinese Threat

Post by Krom »

If we give up on the Ukraine and the Middle East, what makes you think that won't embolden China? Not just China, everyone will know our support and "security guarantees" are worthless and they will take advantage of it.

We should expand support of Ukraine until it breaks Russia and Putin. Then China/Xi and everyone else will have a real serious reason to not even think about challenging US security guarantees.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

While I hope that is the case, the Chinese may see as the US getting so bogged down that we would not respond to a attempted take over of Taiwan (yes vision I remember what you said about China negotiating first) The scary part of China is they are not part of the nuclear proliferation treaty that the rest of the nuclear powers are...so they can make as many nukes as they want. Plus side I don't think they are as crazy as Iran is.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

No, the biggest threat isn't China. It's going to be from within our own midst.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

If criticizing the Israel's government makes me an antisemite, does criticizing China's government make you an anti-Asian racist?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:18 am No, the biggest threat isn't China. It's going to be from within our own midst.
You may have a point.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 am If criticizing the Israel's government makes me an antisemite, does criticizing China's government make you an anti-Asian racist?
You mean like colleges banning Asians because they are too smart?

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:49 am
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 am If criticizing the Israel's government makes me an antisemite, does criticizing China's government make you an anti-Asian racist?
You mean like colleges banning Asians because they are too smart?
Holy non-sequitur, Batman! No, I mean that criticizing a nation's government doesn't automatically make you bigoted against its people.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well thanks for clearing that up.

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No, it would make you anti-atheist. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:47 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:18 am No, the biggest threat isn't China. It's going to be from within our own midst.
You may have a point.
Do I? Why don't you enlighten us then? I've already predicted what I think will happen. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I use Linux. Does that make me anti-virus? :P
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:37 amWhile I hope that is the case, the Chinese may see as the US getting so bogged down that we would not respond to a attempted take over of Taiwan (yes vision I remember what you said about China negotiating first)
The US is not bogged down. We have no active wars (amazing, really), and just 3% of our military budget is going towards Ukraine. We are basically doing nothing for Ukraine. We gave them old weapons were were going to throw out, crippled the newer weapons we sent them, and gave them everything too late to make an effective counterattack. We put so many stipulations on what they can do it's crazy. It's the most limp-wristed response to a global threat I can imagine. But also, Ukraine shares the blame because they have management problems due to years of corruption (but getting veritably better).

I have no worries about Taiwan because I know the US won't do diddly-squat to help them. China knows this. The US has a long history of ignoring allies (thanks Kurds for the help with Iraq and Syria, now go die please). All the military posturing by both China and the US is just political theater. I honestly don't think China cares about Taiwan that much, they are culturally Chinese. The real threat from China isn't going to be reported in some stupid blog like "warriormaven.com" (LOL), but comes from China's influence in developing countries. China is losing it's reputation as the place where everything is made, they are a fully developed country. And like the capitalists in the US they know that exploiting cheap labor in developing parts of the world is essential to success, and it seems they are doing a better job of it lately.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Spidey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:09 pm
No, it would make you anti-atheist. :P
I'm against anyone who does terrible ★■◆●, regardless of their ethnicity, religion, political stance, etc. That's kind of been my point the whole time.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:40 pm
woodchip wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:37 amWhile I hope that is the case, the Chinese may see as the US getting so bogged down that we would not respond to a attempted take over of Taiwan (yes vision I remember what you said about China negotiating first)
The US is not bogged down. We have no active wars (amazing, really), and just 3% of our military budget is going towards Ukraine. We are basically doing nothing for Ukraine. We gave them old weapons were were going to throw out, crippled the newer weapons we sent them, and gave them everything too late to make an effective counterattack. We put so many stipulations on what they can do it's crazy. It's the most limp-wristed response to a global threat I can imagine. But also, Ukraine shares the blame because they have management problems due to years of corruption (but getting veritably better).

I have no worries about Taiwan because I know the US won't do diddly-squat to help them. China knows this. The US has a long history of ignoring allies (thanks Kurds for the help with Iraq and Syria, now go die please). All the military posturing by both China and the US is just political theater. I honestly don't think China cares about Taiwan that much, they are culturally Chinese. The real threat from China isn't going to be reported in some stupid blog like "warriormaven.com" (LOL), but comes from China's influence in developing countries. China is losing it's reputation as the place where everything is made, they are a fully developed country. And like the capitalists in the US they know that exploiting cheap labor in developing parts of the world is essential to success, and it seems they are doing a better job of it lately.
If I remember right Taiwan makes an awful lot of computer micro chips. Would you prefer the Chi-coms take control of that?
Also if Warrior Maven is LOL, what would you suggest for militar news...https://warisboring.com/ ; https://www.19fortyfive.com/ ; https://americanmilitarynews.com/ ...all of which I read. Always open to new sources though.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 amIf I remember right Taiwan makes an awful lot of computer micro chips. Would you prefer the Chi-coms take control of that?
Both China and the US have started initiatives to make chips domestically and one of the reasons why is because it is smart not to have Taiwan in such a position. It's literally a move by China and the US to deescalate tensions around Taiwan. In 5-10 years Taiwan will be "less valuable" in that regard.
woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 amAlso if Warrior Maven is LOL, what would you suggest for militar news...https://warisboring.com/ ; https://www.19fortyfive.com/ ; https://americanmilitarynews.com/ ...all of which I read. Always open to new sources though.
Can't help you there, my point is that there isn't a realistic military perspective on Taiwan. We're nowhere close to any action involving either military. If you've been seriously thinking about a Chinese invasion of Taiwan you would also know it's basically impossible because Taiwan is a fortress much like Iran. Russia's struggle in Ukraine will look like a picnic compared to China attacking Taiwan, and that's even without anyone helping them.

The real and only "Chinese threat" is how they position themselves in developing countries. Part of why life is so good in the US is because we exploit the weak. But now China is in a position to compete with us in exploiting cheap labor and resources, which means that hurts the pocketbooks of less-flexible but more politically-connected interests. If we fight China it will be for no other reason than because some rich fucks can't handle being a little less rich.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

In the Bible, Jesus mentions those who say they are Jews and are not, but they’re a synagogue of Satan. Zionists aren’t Jewish, they just pretend to be their Jewish counterparts.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:43 pm In the Bible, Jesus mentions those who say they are Jews and are not, but they’re a synagogue of Satan. Zionists aren’t Jewish, they just pretend to be like their Jewish counterparts.
So you get to decide who's a real Jew and who's not?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Neo pulling this nonsense on Christmas Day. I guess the Krampus stuck a humbug up his butt for being bad all year.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:31 pm
Neo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:43 pm In the Bible, Jesus mentions those who say they are Jews and are not, but they’re a synagogue of Satan. Zionists aren’t Jewish, they just pretend to be like their Jewish counterparts.
No, not me...
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Neo wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:27 am
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:31 pm
No, not me...
Then who? Certainly not Jesus, unless you can name the chapter and verse where he mentions "Zionists".
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

It's written that way because it's supposed to be revealed later as the prophecies are fulfilled. I'm not sure you guys even know what a Zionist is. BTW I edited my post for clarity.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Do you? Are you a Evangelical Christian Zionist? Do you hate the idea of the Jews having their own state, even though many Americans sit here on their pedestals of self-righteousness and call our own country a Christian Nation?

https://religionnews.com/2021/05/27/eva ... or-israel/

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jew-hat ... -movement/
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

So again, you're claiming hidden knowledge that only you have access to.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:43 am Do you? Are you a Evangelical Christian Zionist? Do you hate the idea of the Jews having their own state, even though many Americans sit here on their pedestals of self-righteousness and call our own country a Christian Nation?

https://religionnews.com/2021/05/27/eva ... or-israel/

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jew-hat ... -movement/
That's not what a Zionist is. Maybe that's what it is on TV and in "reliable" news sources.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

That's the accepted definition, that the Jews want their own nation state and personally, there's nothing wrong with that desire. So what's yours?
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:06 pm That's the accepted definition, that the Jews want their own nation state and personally, there's nothing wrong with that desire. So what's yours?
That's not the right definition at all. Zionists are pretty much Babylonian/Phoenician/Canaanite people who pretend to be Jewish and put a group of people who weren't originally Jewish into the land of the Israelites after the Israelites of the Bible were displaced and didn't remember who they were. The Zionists used to be Luciferian but the antichrist betrayed them. The antichrist is referred to as Lucifer in a verse in the Bible.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Neo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:23 am...the antichrist betrayed them.
Thanks Obama
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Neo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:23 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:06 pm That's the accepted definition, that the Jews want their own nation state and personally, there's nothing wrong with that desire. So what's yours?
That's not the right definition at all. Zionists are pretty much Babylonian/Phoenician/Canaanite people who pretend to be Jewish and put a group of people who weren't originally Jewish into the land of the Israelites after the Israelites of the Bible were displaced and didn't remember who they were. The Zionists used to be Luciferian but the antichrist betrayed them. The antichrist is referred to as Lucifer in a verse in the Bible.
And here I thought you were going to name the Pharisees, who haven't been around since the 1st century. Only demonic will do for you. I guess old biases never go away. They just take on a new form so as to perpetuate a reason to hate. In fact, the word "Pharisaic" as a pejorative word is purely a Christian invention.

https://www.ncronline.org/culture/book- ... tereotypes
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

His name isn't Obama.

The synagogue of Satan can't be the Pharisees because the Pharisees are all dead. So the book is referring to a group of people that exist at the time of the end. We don't hate them. Jesus says to love your enemies. Well I don't like fallen angels like the antichrist but I don't hate them. You got it wrong again.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You're almost in the same league as the Iranians. Crazy, nutty stuff all for power, hate and ignorance's sake. Religion sucks.

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/iran-ha ... p-t5xtxe7h
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Back to your rambling religious nonsense again. It's funny how you quote Jesus, but you don't actually follow his teachings. How's that personal version of Jesus you created working out for ya?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Isn't the whole 'modern day Jews aren't really Jews, but impersonators' a Nazi conspiracy theory they use to justify killing them and yet still claiming to follow the Bible?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 09981.html

https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/ ... ope-674022

Meanwhile, the Chinese generously rewarded Trump's businesses WHILE he was in office as president, to the tune of $5.5 million.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/04/politics ... index.html

That makes Biden's little $40,000 check scandal the Republicans are currently focused on with their current impeachment inquiry kind of paltry in comparison.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

No it isn't. Only the racist conspiracy "theorists" blame the Jews. Zionists and Nazis are made up by the Babylon mystery school.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

It's best to close this thread and end this idiotic discussion.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep. It's drifted into noo noo nawnee land.