RAFA

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

RAFA

Post by woodchip »

Curious, now that Hunter is being charged with a nine count indictment, would any of you care to guess why there are no RAFA charges also?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: RAFA

Post by Vander »

WTF is RAFA? Do you mean FARA?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yes my bad...Foreign agents registration act. I was in a hurry as my boilers main zone valve quit working
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:28 am...would any of you care to guess why there are no [FARA] charges also?
Probably haven't gotten around to it yet. If Trump is any example, putting a case together takes time and the DOJ usually want to have rock-solid evidence before proceeding with charges. You should write your congressman about it. If there is evidence he should be charged, plain and simple.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's kind of a toothless law don't you think? Before 2001, only 17 people had bothered to register. Most people in Washington turned a blind eye, at least before the Trump Era of cronyism and foreign schmoozing. After Mueller's investigations, 101 people registered in 2017. Remember, Paul Manafort was convicted of violating FARA and actually got sentenced to jail for 7.5 years, Michael Flynn admitted that he lied to investigators about his ties to Turkey and Elliot Brody admitted to not revealing that he hadn't registered as a foreign agent either. Trump pardoned them all before he left office and none of them sit in jail. He even had to gall to ★■◆● about Bill Clinton doing the exact same thing on his way out. I guess if Clinton did it, Trump could do it too.

His son-in-law, Jared Kushner, violated the Hatch Act by campaigning for Trump FROM WITHIN the White House. I didn't see him get into much trouble. I also can't find any record of him actually registering as a foreign agent either, even though he worked with foreign countries as Trump's right hand man. If you want your little pound of flesh, it ain't going to happen with this law because daddy Biden will pardon his son just like Trump pardoned his cronies and got his son-in-law off the hook.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ing-461715

https://www.citizensforethics.org/news/ ... ite-house/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/im ... story.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:48 pm
woodchip wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:28 am...would any of you care to guess why there are no [FARA] charges also?
Probably haven't gotten around to it yet. If Trump is any example, putting a case together takes time and the DOJ usually want to have rock-solid evidence before proceeding with charges. You should write your congressman about it. If there is evidence he should be charged, plain and simple.
vision wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:48 pm

Let me start by saying if FARA is brought in then Biden (no surprise there) but also Obama will be brought in to the mess. There is plenty of evidence just from the bank records. Why Obama will be dragged in? Fair question. Go back in the records here and you will find the video I posted where Biden (when he was VP for Obama) brag"s about getting a Ukrainian prosecutor fired under threat of withholding billions in aid. Why? Because the prosecutor had the temerity to file charges against Biden's son. Now you see why Hunter should be charged under FARA and why both Biden and Obama will be dragged in. While oatmeal brains Biden is lost in his own little world, Obama cares very much about getting his name dragged through the mud. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys. :roll:

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:00 amWhy? Because the prosecutor had the temerity to file charges against Biden's son.
Not that I care, but this has been debunked over and over again. And even if it were true I wouldn't care. Put them all in prison.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I'd like to see Ken Paxton put in prison with his 'the judge is not medically qualified', and your corrupt ass is you cruel jerk.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 pm I'd like to see Ken Paxton put in prison with his 'the judge is not medically qualified', and your corrupt ass is you cruel jerk.
My, my...can't even write a coherent sentence.

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:11 am
TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 pm I'd like to see Ken Paxton put in prison with his 'the judge is not medically qualified', and your corrupt ass is you cruel jerk.
Coming from the guy who misspelled a 4-letter acronym...
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I wrote that on the fly with little to no effort.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 am
getting a letter wrong in a acronym is one thing, but writing a incoherent sentence is quite different. Maybe I should keep track of how many words you misspell.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:39 am I wrote that on the fly with little to no effort.
Ah, so trying to write on your zipper excuses you.

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Like I said, I wrote that on the fly. At this point, I really don't care anymore. I have better things to do today than sit here and argue with a petty old man rat with too much time on his hands.

Your history speaks for itself, Woody.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:03 am
Darth Wang wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 am
getting a letter wrong in a acronym is one thing, but writing a incoherent sentence is quite different. Maybe I should keep track of how many words you misspell.
I'm sure you have me beat in that department. In fact, you used "a" instead of "an" twice in this very post that I'm quoting.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Brutal grammar takedown.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

While woody bitches about Hunter Biden violating RAFA and the House lead Republicans are proceeding with impeachment hearings against President Biden, despite having NO EVIDENCE to begin with, the real scum sucker law breakers and defamers are being found guilty and paying the price. It couldn't have happened to a slimier Trump asswipe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rudy-giuli ... n-workers/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Maybe Four Seasons Landscaping can hold a fundraiser for him.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:39 pm While woody bitches about Hunter Biden violating RAFA and the House lead Republicans are proceeding with impeachment hearings against President Biden, despite having NO EVIDENCE to begin with, the real scum sucker law breakers and defamers are being found guilty and paying the price. It couldn't have happened to a slimier Trump asswipe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rudy-giuli ... n-workers/
"It's a crime to take classified documents," Neama Rahmani, former federal prosecutor and president of West Coast Trial Lawyers, told Newsweek. "President Biden may have violated the Presidential Records Act, Espionage Act, and other federal laws."

Also:
"Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) emphasized that the Oversight Committee has uncovered how the Bidens and their associates created over 20 shell companies, raked in over $24 million dollars from China and other foreign countries, identified nine members of the Biden family who have participated or benefited from the business schemes, and confirmed that Joe Biden interacted with his family’s business associates at least two dozen times."

Prof. Turley: “The involvement of White House staff and executive branch staff has really been one of the trip wires that we saw with President Nixon and to a degree with Clinton. When you enlist support for a false narrative or obstruct Congress, that falls in line with abuse of power.”

" One of the documents shows that Assistant U.S. attorney Leslie Wolf ordered investigators not to pursue two leads into possible campaign finance violations… The Biden family and associates have received over $20 million from 23 different countries that they had business ties to or communications with"
https://oversight.house.gov/release/hea ... %EF%BF%BC/
Finally lets not forget Joe getting a foreign prosecutor fired by threat of withholding aid...you know, kinda like the did with Trump...but failed.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

So? Throw them all in jail for all I care. I want better choices in 2024 than what's being shoved down our throats now.

Meanwhile, despite what you posted, their is no actual factual "proof" of any wrongdoing by Joe Biden. Even many GOP members publically admit that. So far, it's all supposition and innuendo, trying to connect murky dots that can't be connected. If they can actually find connections that would stand up under legal scrutiny, good.

https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/9/13/ ... n-mccarthy
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

TBH every living former US President should probably be in jail for something or other, but we know that has a very low chance of happening. But insisting that your guy is the only one who's completely innocent is pretty rich.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I guess neither of you ever read the espionage act and classified documents

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, if Biden gets nailed for mishandling classified documents and violating the espionage act, so should Trump, because he did the exact same thing. Fair is fair.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:10 pm Well, if Biden gets nailed for mishandling classified documents and violating the espionage act, so should Trump, because he did the exact same thing. Fair is fair.
No, see, that's different, because... WITCH HUNT! CROOKED JOE! MAGA!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, technically, not the same thing. Biden willingly allowed the FBI to search his premises and remove any concerning docs. Trump lied, said he didn't have anything and tried to hide what he hoarded when he left the White House, requiring a subpoena and a raid by the FBI just to get them back. He also blabbed all sorts of details in those secret docs to people not qualified to hear them. There are docs missing from Trump's stint in the White House they STILL can't find.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The real difference is Biden was never Pres. when he took the documents, so doesn't come under the Presidential powers act. Trump does. Allowing the FBI to search means...squat, and you know it. Again, the espionage should be used against Biden except the Dems are in power and the law does not apply to them.
Also why is Hunter not in jail when Steve Bannon did the same thing and went to jail because of it:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics ... index.html

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:54 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:10 pm Well, if Biden gets nailed for mishandling classified documents and violating the espionage act, so should Trump, because he did the exact same thing. Fair is fair.
And if you think all the court case's against Trump aren't witch hunts, then your ignorance knows no bounds.

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:35 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:54 pm
And if you think all the court case's against Trump aren't witch hunts, then your ignorance knows no bounds.
If they are, then Trump is wearing a pointy hat and flying around on a broomstick.