Gay Nay

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Gay Nay

Post by woodchip »

Harvard President Claudine Gay, under pressure for not understanding antisemitism at her school and not understanding plagiarism is not how you write papers, has picked up whatever was left of her self esteem and stepped down. I once said in a earlier post that the woke, DEI pendulum was starting to swing the other way. So 2 of 3 college presidents got bit and now it's MIT's pres. who has to go.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Gay Nay

Post by woodchip »

Also in her email on why she is quitting she writes : "and frightening to be subjected to personal attacks and threats fueled by racial animus." Poor baby, guess she now understands what context means.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Tell us where the woke touched you.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

All's well that ends well I guess :)
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:40 pm Tell us where the woke touched you.
It didn't. He just gets a vicarious boner watching other people's misery and downfalls and loves to crow about it. Simple minds, simple pleasures. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It's the only way he can get it up anymore.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I'm ok with the New York Post/CBC As It Happens-esqu title of Woodchip's post: "Gay Nay". I hope HE DIDN'T PLAGIARIZE IT! Although, you can't copyright titles in the US.

Edit:
Or - “Nay-Gay-t”
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Victor Davis Hanson and William Bennett , both Harvard alumni, said Gay was hired based on "D.E.I.standards that today have replaced meritocracy in education and elsewhere in society". Oh goody, lets talk and fantasize over my sexual organ instead of talking about the real problems we have in this country. TC, what happened to talking like adults?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheWhat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:24 pm I'm ok with the New York Post/CBC As It Happens-esqu title of Woodchip's post: "Gay Nay". I hope HE DIDN'T PLAGIARIZE IT! Although, you can't copyright titles in the US.

Edit:
Or - “Nay-Gay-t”
I would of used Gay Gate except some here might of taken offense and TC would of had an excuse to close it.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Oh goody, lets talk and fantasize over my sexual organ instead of talking about the real problems we have in this country.
Yeah, come on guys, lets get back to the real problems we have in this country, like who the president of Harvard is.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Hunter Biden's dick pics!
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Free Palestine
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:04 am Victor Davis Hanson and William Bennett , both Harvard alumni, said Gay was hired based on "D.E.I.standards that today have replaced meritocracy in education and elsewhere in society". Oh goody, lets talk and fantasize over my sexual organ instead of talking about the real problems we have in this country. TC, what happened to talking like adults?
You started this thread for only one idiotic reason, to gloat. That's something a child would do, not an adult, so the only response to your "discussion" should be on that level. Everyone knew she was going to be forced out, it was inevitable. She blew it with her response and had to pay the price for that. I only see sadness at somebody else's public failure, not gloating happiness. But hey, YOU should be happy. On her way out, she blamed everyone and everything for her predicament but herself. That sounds just like what most modern Republicans do nowadays, as they parrot their great leader, Trump, and refuse to take personal responsibility for their actions or mistakes. So you and her have much in common, lack of personal responsibility and remorse. You should be proud that your party's corruption has spread like a cancerous tumor.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm
woodchip wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:04 am Victor Davis Hanson and William Bennett , both Harvard alumni, said Gay was hired based on "D.E.I.standards that today have replaced meritocracy in education and elsewhere in society". Oh goody, lets talk and fantasize over my sexual organ instead of talking about the real problems we have in this country. TC, what happened to talking like adults?
You started this thread for only one idiotic reason, to gloat. That's something a child would do, not an adult, so the only response to your "discussion" should be on that level. Everyone knew she was going to be forced out, it was inevitable. She blew it with her response and had to pay the price for that. I only see sadness at somebody else's public failure, not gloating happiness. But hey, YOU should be happy. On her way out, she blamed everyone and everything for her predicament but herself. That sounds just like what most modern Republicans do nowadays, as they parrot their great leader, Trump, and refuse to take personal responsibility for their actions or mistakes. So you and her have much in common, lack of personal responsibility and remorse. You should be proud that your party's corruption has spread like a cancerous tumor.
Oh go ★■◆● yourself TC. You no longer have the ability to moderate. Tell Bear when I see someone new as a moderator here maybe I'll post again. Until then lets see if other peeps can keep this board going.

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Toodles. :D

Say hi to your brother Thunderbunny for us.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

★■◆●ing finally.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:51 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:28 pm
Oh go ★■◆● yourself TC. You no longer have the ability to moderate. Tell Bear when I see someone new as a moderator here maybe I'll post again. Until then lets see if other peeps can keep this board going.
That's your prerogative. But take note, I've rarely censored you, except when your comments delve into nasty sexual insults that have no bearing on the discussion. In fact, you seem to have a predilection for throwing gay sexually tinged insults. You have the right to hate or even fantasize, it's a free country, but don't spew it here because the Constitution does not apply in this privately run endeavor. The administrators made the rules here, whether you like that or not. Ask Krom to remove me and let Jeff250 have at it, I don't care one little bit. I'm not playing favorites and I even try to delete name calling directed towards you, and heaven knows there's a lot of that slung around because the temptation is high and sometimes I miss it. I myself been censored in the past for calling you names. In fact, most threads I lock are NOT because of your comments, so you aren't being censored, except for your usual insulting sexual innuendo.

This thread is a example. You came here to gloat and ★■◆● about woke, period, and then you comment about the size of your manhood. What the hell does that have to do with the discussion? Most sensible people knew these 3 university presidents were going to fall on their faces, whine about persecution or some other claptrap and end up paying a price for something we so dearly cherish in this country, allowing free speech on campus. Instead, you gripe about woke. It doesn't matter in this case, period. The real unspoken issue is the Republicans. What happened to the our cherished Constitution and hate speech is free speech ideal? You know, what SCOTUS has upheld in the past? MAGA is the king cabal right now and everything liberal is the enemy

You do realize that private universities are not bound by the Constitution either don't you? The presidents can censor or allow free hate speech on their campuses as they see fit, so go cry me a river. If the students want to call for Jewish genocide and be unthinking idiots about it, that's THEIR free speech and the university presidents are just as free to allow it to happen, or censor it and cause a ruckus. Most do not. However, they WILL pay the price with the loss of monied donors, which should by itself be the check on this stuff. Money is king at most universities and it speaks louder than any idiot unthinking student's free hate speech.

Case in point in this whole sordid mess. There are all sorts of trans people out there in these anti-Israel protest marches calling for the protection of the poor besieged Palestinians. Why? I can bet you my bottom dollar that anyone who's trans or LGBTQ would be thrown in jail or put to death in most Muslim countries including Palestine, so why these idiots stand there and protest for the Palestinian cause is downright hypocritical. What's really driving them is antisemitism, but they'd never admit that in a bazillion years. Bird brains. :roll:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... lture-war/
WaPo wrote:First, justified concern about American campus radicalism cannot obscure the fact that the presidents were objectively right on the free-speech merits. Universities that claim to be forums for free inquiry should not promise Congress that they will punish students or faculty for constitutionally protected speech. Private universities are not bound legally by the First Amendment, but most have committed themselves to abiding by its spirit and meaning...
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"Jewish political cabal in this country that pulls the strings in Washington"

Wow. Just ★■◆●ing wow.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I knew you'd say that. There are all sorts of political "cabals" in Washington anyway. Catholic, Evangelical, Jewish, LGBTQ, Black, you name it. You should know that. Money is power and tribal is tribal, no matter your race, sex, creed or religion and power always corrupts. My comment was not to point out some conspiracy by the Jews or any other group, but to the pressure put on the universities by most probably Jewish donors. But face it, these political groups have power and want to wield it and yes, power tends to corrupt and the Constitution goes by the wayside. In this case, all the fake outcry is pure MAGA. They wanted a reason to go after the "woke" campuses and rabid Pro-Palestinian protests and Israel was their new convenient battle flag to stand behind, even though they harbor the most racist, homophobic and anti-free speech nutcases, including Nazis and White Supremacists, in our country.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rvard-penn
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

So, instead of realizing you made a pretty nasty antisemitic comment, you go "but the Republicans are just as bad"

And you back it up with an opinion piece that has the same antisemitic bull★■◆●. Bloody hell.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I fixed it Ferno. It was antisemitic as hell and stupid to even mention it. But the real "cabal" right now sitting in Washington going after everyone's free speech is MAGA. Better?

Which opinion piece? WaPo? If it is, I agree with their opinion. Liberalism has always been a bedrock of most universities. But just as the conservative political wing has pulled far to the right into nutcase and crazy autocrat worshiping Trump territory, universities have been pulling further to the left into far, far left progressive territory. So much so, that rational thought and conversation is being supplanted in favor of toeing the progressive line or go to hell. I live next to a university and I see it going on. I'm not saying conservatives ought to have free reign to spout their crap and hate speech on campus, far from it. Most of it is lies and propaganda. I'm saying that just maybe, the far left isn't the best thing since sliced bread either and it's hurting the universities more than they'd like to admit. ★■◆● at me all you want, but I'm not a liberal, but I lean that way out of survival instincts. There are other sides of me that are more conservative too. But I can guarantee you that I hate all things Trump and MAGA to the core of my being.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Tunnelcat wrote:There are all sorts of trans people out there in these anti-Israel protest marches calling for the protection of the poor besieged Palestinians. Why? I can bet you my bottom dollar that anyone who's trans or LGBTQ would be thrown in jail or put to death in most Muslim countries including Palestine, so why these idiots stand there and protest for the Palestinian cause is downright hypocritical. What's really driving them is antisemitism, but they'd never admit that in a bazillion years. Bird brains.
Antisemitism is when you have empathy for someone that might hate you.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:41 pmCase in point in this whole sordid mess. There are all sorts of trans people out there in these anti-Israel protest marches calling for the protection of the poor besieged Palestinians. Why? I can bet you my bottom dollar that anyone who's trans or LGBTQ would be thrown in jail or put to death in most Muslim countries including Palestine, so why these idiots stand there and protest for the Palestinian cause is downright hypocritical. What's really driving them is antisemitism, but they'd never admit that in a bazillion years. Bird brains. :roll:
This is such a ridiculous argument. I'm certain that very few LGBT people protesting for Palestinian rights are under the delusion that the Palestinians would welcome them and their lifestyles with open arms. But they are against genocide of Palestinians anyway, because it's wrong. Standing up for those who are suffering even if they wouldn't appreciate your help is actually more moral than doing it just because you expected to be rewarded/praised. Jesus himself said to "love your enemies".
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:51 am Oh go ★■◆● yourself TC. You no longer have the ability to moderate. Tell Bear when I see someone new as a moderator here maybe I'll post again. Until then lets see if other peeps can keep this board going.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Vander wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:31 pm
Antisemitism is when you have empathy for someone that might hate you.
I have no empathy for someone who hates me, period. Just as the Israelis have no empathy for those who make the choice to bomb, kidnap, rape and kill their citizens. If they did, they wouldn't be killing and displacing the Palestinians en masse. I'm quite sure the Palestinians have no empathy for the entire Jewish people either, or they wouldn't have become murdering terrorists driven by hate. If you understood that most Muslims are indoctrinated to hate the Jews and even LGBTQ people from a young age, using religion as their basis, maybe you might somehow understand why this world is so twisted. Personally, I wouldn't make war against someone who hates me, I'd avoid them, which I do now. But I wouldn't hesitate to fight against someone who tries to make war against me, or even pass laws against me.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:41 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:41 pmCase in point in this whole sordid mess. There are all sorts of trans people out there in these anti-Israel protest marches calling for the protection of the poor besieged Palestinians. Why? I can bet you my bottom dollar that anyone who's trans or LGBTQ would be thrown in jail or put to death in most Muslim countries including Palestine, so why these idiots stand there and protest for the Palestinian cause is downright hypocritical. What's really driving them is antisemitism, but they'd never admit that in a bazillion years. Bird brains. :roll:
This is such a ridiculous argument. I'm certain that very few LGBT people protesting for Palestinian rights are under the delusion that the Palestinians would welcome them and their lifestyles with open arms. But they are against genocide of Palestinians anyway, because it's wrong. Standing up for those who are suffering even if they wouldn't appreciate your help is actually more moral than doing it just because you expected to be rewarded/praised. Jesus himself said to "love your enemies".
Is it? Why not protest against the entire war if they are against suffering? Why conveniently ignore that the violent kidnappings, tortures, rapes and killings of those Jewish settlers happened first? Why are Palestinian deaths any more important than those dead or missing Jewish people? Are thousands of Palestinian lives more important than hundreds of Jewish lives? Is this a numbers protest because more Palestinians are dying than Jews? Are they really showing empathy for Palestinians, or displaying latent antisemitism? If people wanted to protest, why not protest the British and the Balfour Decision of 1917 that eventually created the state of Israel for the Jews, displacing the Palestinians who lived there, beginning this whole nasty mess? No. If you want to give and show empathy, show it for all, not for only those you think deserve it more.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

None of that explains why trans people in particular are, not simply misguided or wrong, but antisemitic, for protesting our material support for Israel destroying Gaza or general oppression of Palestinians.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Some of the same people who made fun of the Israelites 123-something years ago are the same people crying about "antisemitism."
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:42 pm
Is it? Why not protest against the entire war if they are against suffering? Why conveniently ignore that the violent kidnappings, tortures, rapes and killings of those Jewish settlers happened first? Why are Palestinian deaths any more important than those dead or missing Jewish people? Are thousands of Palestinian lives more important than hundreds of Jewish lives? Is this a numbers protest because more Palestinians are dying than Jews? Are they really showing empathy for Palestinians, or displaying latent antisemitism? If people wanted to protest, why not protest the British and the Balfour Decision of 1917 that eventually created the state of Israel for the Jews, displacing the Palestinians who lived there, beginning this whole nasty mess? No. If you want to give and show empathy, show it for all, not for only those you think deserve it more.
Huh. Imagine that protesting against genocide is the equivalent of antisemitism and that the deaths of Palestinian civilians is somehow a competitive metric against the death of Jewish civilians. That's some "all lives matter" energy.

Try to picture a neighborhood of... twenty houses. One house is on fire. Now, do you focus the water on the one house on fire or do you spray water on every house in the neighborhood?

As for the matter of universities shifting left, that hasn't been the case. It's been holding steady; the beliefs have always been left of centre since the sixties. The only people complaining about them shifting more leftward are the people shifting rightward.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

"Try to picture a neighborhood of... twenty houses. One house is on fire. Now, do you focus the water on the one house on fire or do you spray water on every house in the neighborhood?"

Depends on the wind. :wink:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Okay, that was funny.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

To the house fire question, my instinct is to respond and help, even if it was my Christian neighbor's house. I'm not that cold blooded. My neighbors would do the same for me too.

But sorry, I'm not going to support a people that would just as soon murder me because their religion tells them that I'm evil and deserve death. Personally, I don't like to see any civilians killed as collateral damage in any war, but war is never clean as people here have pointed out. But I will not go out into the streets and stand there like a hypocritical fool and protest for the Palestinians right for protection from being killed during a war. A war started by a vicious terrorist act, Hamas this particular time, who they obviously support. You worship the devil, you lose your soul, you pay the price. Besides,the loathing for LGBTQ people in Muslim countries is off the charts. ISIS makes no bones about it. They outright toss them off of high buildings or behead or burn them alive. In fact, In London and in the U.S., Pride flags have been ripped down at these stupid Palestinian support protests by other supposed lefty protesters. All I see are stupid LGBTQ people being turned on by other stupid lefty supporters. How stupid do you have to be when even people from your side of the political spectrum would just as soon stomp on you as support you? The right is absolutely gloating about this hypocrisy too. We're nothing but a laughing stock.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

We can deal with the religious bull★■◆● later, but isn't it more important to protest genocide? And you still haven't answered why it's considered antisemitic if the person is trans and are protesting against the genocide. I suspect you're dodging because you seem to be more focused on the religion than the bigger question both Vander and I asked.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Unfortunately, I believe there is antisemitism driving some of these trans people to these protests. Not all are immune from harboring or displaying bigotry, even though they've been on the receiving end of it most of their lives. So if they're truly against genocide, why on earth would they stick around in a protest march where others in the same group start mocking them or destroying their flag instead of sticking with protesting Palestinian genocide? The only reason I think they'd stick around is that their hate towards the Jews overrides the hate being directed at them and they put up with it. You'd have to ask them to answer that question. I certainly wouldn't feel welcome and would get the hell out of there if my "supposed compatriots" were being bigoted towards me. So much for cohesion and compassion on the left.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

This reasoning is dumb as hell.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:42 pm
You don't realize there's a massive power imbalance? No one is saying Hamas is justified in their terrorist attacks. But killing 10 times more innocent people as a response is not only evil, but it's playing right into Hamas' designs. They want more Palestinian civilians to die so they can create more hate against Israel.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Tunnelcat wrote:So if they're truly against genocide, why on earth would they stick around in a protest march where others in the same group start mocking them or destroying their flag instead of sticking with protesting Palestinian genocide
Because they're truly against genocide?
I certainly wouldn't feel welcome and would get the hell out of there if my "supposed compatriots" were being bigoted towards me.
You're here calling them antisemites! I don't know about the "start mocking them or destroying their flag" bit, seems pretty specific but I haven't seen details, but I'd guess the harassed trans protestors probably wouldn't want them destroyed and ethnically cleansed either!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinian people, they are doing a pretty bad job of it.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

What would you call it?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

War