Calling All Entropy Fans

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Skip the variety ... I spent a loooonnnnggggg time learning my way around in 2 of the levels. I'd prefer to concentrate on one per night.
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

how about wishbone? it rocks. (L1 of chaos)
{Hawk}Liquid
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by {Hawk}Liquid »

make sure you play veins entropy along the way !
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Solo are we on for this Tuesday? 3BE level 8 all night long?

(Going with Iceman's suggestion to stick with one level per night, for those who don't know the levels chosen).

Also need to shout out a reminder for folks to grab Team Speak. Those without voice access are disadvantaged. (Oh, and we need to get better at descriptions. "We've got an enemy over here," isn't much help, when nobody knows where you are.) :)

Maybe we should offer a refresher on how to set up team text macros, including room info! (All the 3BE levels are coded for text macros!)

We also need a head count on who plans to be available most Tuesdays, for regular weekly gaming. Then we can form up teams faster, around the core players, and plug others in more easily.

- Sirian
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

Yes we are still on for Teusday. It looks like the serverop of CX has put up a 3be 10 man entropy server for us. So it should be better than playing on SOD, but I will not have control over map changes. I can sent him over an email asking for a certain map or we can just play whatever map its on.

Either way, if you need your practice then just play thru the whole 3be set. I am sure we will also, get some other maps in on the other nights.

Also, as sirian said, everyone should go download teamspeak as I will have a teamspeak server up again. Here is the link http://www.teamspeak.org.
kufyit
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by kufyit »

Ill seeyah all there!
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

....and get roger wilco too if you can incase you end up being on my team ;)
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I'm gonna try and be there.
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

I can handle any 3BE level and don't mind naturally cycling through them, but some are more popular than others, and some are better suited to different team sizes. (Levels 4-7 do better with a full 5v5). If the server is running on auto, it may not be fully coordinated to what is best for the players on hand at certain points.

Of course, we can fall back to SoD if need be. :)

- Sirian
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

Ok, I sent a request to the server op of the CX server for them to put the server on level 8. I over looked that level (yea i forgot which one it was) and it will be perfect for just about any size we get. Also, it is very easy to remember and should be very easy to learn for those who have not had a chance to really go over it.

I will see you guys in the #descent-entropy channel on irc.gamesurge.net

Also, a reminder again, if you do not have teamspeak then you should download (its free) and join our server. Things will be easier while playing if everyone is on voice chat and it will be easier to coordinate outside of the game. I will post up all the info an hour or so before the start of the game.
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Does that mean that if the game is completed and a side wins, and the level is cycled, that it will cycle back to level 8 again? Or will it move on to level 9?

- Sirian
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

I have no idea yet. I don't remember if a single level inside a multi-level set can be "locked" on that same mission over and over. If it can't be locked then when a side wins the server will move onto the next map.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

yes, it can be setup to cycle just level 8 :)
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Solo, can you arrange for that before game time? After tonight, we can be a bit more on the ball about letting your server op know what the plans are in advance.

- Sirian
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

Yea, I already sent him an email earlier today about it. So lets hope he gets it and is able/willing to do that.
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

Here is all of tonight's info

Chat Server: irc.gamesurge.net
Channel: #descent3-entropy

Teamspeak Server: ts.clan-merc.com (24.3.251.137)
Teamspeak Password: booya

Game Server: 64.238.111.11:2096
Map: 300baud Entropy Level 8
Ships: All Ships
Weapons: All but BS and Invulnerability

See ya there guys. Check back for any change in info.
esa
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by esa »

[nevermind]
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Not again, why do I always be the one who gets killed all the time.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Because incase you did not notice I was playing anarchy most of the time. Just keeping your guys busy so my guys could go steal your bases. ;)
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

That was another great game guys. Man, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Everyone played great. Alot of back and forth this time so I think we got team almost even now. I bit more tweaking and it should be good.

Anyhow, hope to see everyone there next week.
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Are we going to be able to lock the game on one level this week? Or will it be rotating again?

If rotating, we could start on Level 4. If locked, we could pick almost any level. (Maybe try locking on Level 8 again?)

As for setting up teams, the chief screwup is players not respecting time out during the initial team balancing phase. If some yahoos start playing before teams are set, the whole level can be ruined because one side gets a head start and people feel pressure to stop setting up teams and start playing.

And then there's this...

I think there are bugs in D3 involving team switching. We've been getting some really strange $#!+ the last two weeks, involving ships showing as the wrong color to many players. WE MAY NEED TO SET TEAMS BEFORE STARTING, THEN CAREFULLY HAVE PLAYERS JOIN ONE AT A TIME to make sure they end up on the right team, if we are to avoid these disruptive bugs.

Think that's doable? Or are Descent 3 players unable to organize at that level? :)

- Sirian
Sirian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sirian »

Woops. Just sending a heads up. I may not make it tonight. I'll try, but hopefully either way, you guys will have a good time. :)

- Sirian
Solo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Solo »

I know melvin can't make it either. I have no idea about anyone else. I should be able to make it again.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I should not be busy, but ya never know. My connect has been playing tricks on me all month also, so I may or may not play depending on that.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Any word? It's 9:20, and there's no one around.