New Game Recommendation?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

woodchip wrote:Zappa, I got into Deus Ex and I don't particulary like that genra. You might also want to look at Battlefield 1942 (surprised no-one mentioned it). I remember just playing the demo for the longest time.
It's not a single player game, which is what Zappafan had asked for. At least you can forget about the single player aspect.
suicide eddie
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by suicide eddie »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Diedel wrote:
woodchip wrote:Zappa, I got into Deus Ex and I don't particulary like that genra. You might also want to look at Battlefield 1942 (surprised no-one mentioned it). I remember just playing the demo for the longest time.
It's not a single player game, which is what Zappafan had asked for. At least you can forget about the single player aspect.
Well it does have a single player mode :wink:
ZappaFan
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Update...

Post by ZappaFan »

Finished Far Cry on single player (medium diff) and liked that pretty well. I tried playing some multiplayer but it seemed pretty buggy. That would be fun on a LAN tho.

I'm playing Deus Ex right now and like that one a lot. Definitely reminds me of System Shock 2. I like the way the story can change depending on things you do, decisions that you make. Good mix of puzzle/problem solving, story/plot and action. Maybe it's the difficulty setting I'm using (medium), but the AI seems a little dumb sometimes. Overall a great game tho. Cool to get it on amazon.com for only $4, too (GOTY edition). I'm at the point where I get captured and thrown in prison.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Update...

Post by snoopy »

ZappaFan wrote:I like the way the story can change depending on things you do, decisions that you make. Good mix of puzzle/problem solving, story/plot and action. Maybe it's the difficulty setting I'm using (medium), but the AI seems a little dumb sometimes. Overall a great game tho. Cool to get it on amazon.com for only $4, too (GOTY edition). I'm at the point where I get captured and thrown in prison.
Hehe- the only problem I had with the game is that the story seems to get weaker as the game progresses- by the end of the game I just wanted it to be over. Also, they say that the game has different endings that depend on what you do, and sorts- the truth of the matter is that you don't have nearly as much control over what happens in the game as you think you do. Good game though.
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

TRON 2.0

This game rocks. :)
Robo
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Robo »

Descent3

:P

//Edit - Jokes aside, I'd say Thief 3.
Darkside Heartless
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Darkside Heartless »

http://www.guildwars.com

I'm gonna get it, no questions asked :)
ZappaFan
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by ZappaFan »

Darkside Heartless wrote:http://www.guildwars.com

I'm gonna get it, no questions asked :)
I was alpha testing GW for a while but lost interest in it. I might check it out once it's released tho.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Guess this is like, not single player, at all, but I'm probably going to be playing Worlds of Warcraft at some point.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I think it's an MMORPG... so it is neither single-player nor an FPS. :) Heard some good things about it though.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Sirius wrote:I think it's an MMORPG... so it is neither single-player nor an FPS. :) Heard some good things about it though.
Yep- not released yet, supposed to be really freakin good.