I'm leaving this forum...

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

DE-Hunter
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

I'm leaving this forum...

Post by DE-Hunter »

...since I don't like the tune how many ppl 'dignify' the work of programmers and level designers. This is my final decision after I read the flame war against Atan' s work (and thus against himself). There are a lot of similar examples happened.

So let me say I'm sorry to all other good guys around here. It's been a long as well as a good time but now it seems it's definately over!

@Board-admin: please delete my profile. I won't post here anymore.

@For server admins: For D3Server questions and support contact me by email or use the ServerAdmin board.

So long,
(DE)Hunter
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

@Board-admin: please delete my profile. I won't post here anymore.
Won't happen. By deleting your account, it replaces the name on all your posts with "Guest".
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Who is "Atan"?
pipsqueak10
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by pipsqueak10 »

Sorry to be off topic but...HIYA SARGE! (Atan is level designer who is the subject matter in a thread in Multiplayer)
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

well.. that was .. Ahem.. Dramatic...

queens..
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

LOL

Must be the time of the year for male PMS.. :wink:
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

Well, I don't know exactly, but I've seen a nasty trend. Seems that some don't know how to critique, they only know how to flame. If you don't like a designers level, then say so. But, you don't need to badmouth the guy and say his level is a piece of crap. Just remember, that opinion only belongs to you. Others might disagree. If you know so much about what makes a good level, then let's see you design one. These designers spend hours making a level with the only satisfaction being that maybe people will play it. It's the nature of this game. If people like a level, it'll get played. If they don't like it, it drops into obscurity. We don't need others badmouthing the level as if they're the world's greatest authority.

Hunter is one who has done great things for this game, and we owe him a large debt of gratitude. If he is indeed resolute in his decision to leave, it will be a great loss for this community.

I hope some of you will get the message here. I've gotten a bit tired of some of you pukes. You need to grow up.

[end of rant]
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

I fully agree with Deatmeat! Nice words man!

I think that some people just didn't notice / remember that there is a "real life" human on the other side. A little more humanity would be really good on this board,...

my 5 ct...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Some people need to remember that this is a faceless online BB and has very little in connection with reality, do not take things so seriously.
STRESSTEST wrote:well.. that was .. Ahem.. Dramatic...

queens..
:P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Krom is absolutely right, DBBers in general have very little connection with reality.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

lol
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

I disagree. Faceless or not this board is still about reality, even though some would have us think that is not the case. Never forget that those behind the keyboards are real. It's just unfortunate that some can't or won't face up to reality.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

For the record, I was just twisting what Krom said. :P ;)