D2 ...

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2 ...

Post by Arbitar »

Heh I remember D2 ... I used to play it at my school. My comptuer teacher would have nothing planned for us so he'd pass out D2 disks and we'd all start killing each other. I was last place as usual :wink:
Great old days. I'd have to say my favorite level of all time was that one that came with D2 .. the 'shaker' level I remember. That I'm going to remake in D3 :twisted:

Remember? It was the one with the lava in the center, seprated my a scrolling wall, and there were 4 doors on the 4 sides, and you would go up a passage into the center room where the exit would be above you and below you would be a door to the lava where you could go though the lava near the bottom and come into a 'secret room' lol

Great level ... I loved how the shakers would shake you around and flicker the lights :twisted: :D
Liquid Fire
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Liquid Fire »

Hey! I remember d2 also!

:wink:
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I still remember Descent 2
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I can do you one better...I still play Descent 2 :P.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I'd -like- to still play it... well I do, just not on-line.

Are you referring to Dogfight level 3 ("Vortex"), Arbitar? The description sounds about right... and yeah, it was a good level.
Arbitar
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arbitar »

Yeah I think that was it ... heh great level ... great game. Bad graphics, great game.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Was actually pretty good when it was released - but yeah, I see what you mean. The dynamic was awesome, except that they should have made the player ship a little faster without the afterburner.