Why was I banned from GTW?

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Why was I banned from GTW?

Post by Stryker »

I was having a nice game of VV this afternoon, enjoying myself, and trying to provide a good defense against opposing flagrunners. I was doing pretty good (about 48 kills 7 deaths before the level ended). When the level ended, I thought I'd stick around for a few more flags. So, I set my markers back up, picked up a MD, got settled in the base, and waited for someone to come to the base for the flag. After about 15-30 seconds, the server said ":)". 5 seconds later, the game closed to the IP menu. I restarted it and tried rejoining, only to find out I had been banned.

I am a NuB2. I do not hack. I do not change my table file. I was not using bad language. I was not annoying people. I was simply trying to have a fun game. I queried the server as soon as I realized that I'd been banned, and saw 4 people in it, one taking the place that I'd had before. He'd been in the game before the level end, but got disconnected when it ended and the new level began.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? If serverops are going to randomly ban people, why are they running servers?
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

It might be that you stayed after the level ended. I think some servers have a rule against that. :(
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Try posting at Do_Checkor's Server Ops Forum. You were most likely banned because of your good performance; some whiny players see good statistics as a sign of cheating. If they report you as a cheater to a server op, you can be banned without even knowing why. I've played against you, and I'll vouch that you're no cheater; you're just a lot better than I am :).

Edit: Whoops, I see you already posted over there. The server op in question will probably resolve the issue eventually.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I have heard the GTW server op is real banhappy, I dont play there much or with a weak croud in the game so I guess thats why I have not been banned yet.
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

slowboy bots kicked me once...
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

does any1 know who the operator of GTW is?
Zero!
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zero! »

look at my post =)
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Someone kicked me out of VV.
But I don't know who.