anyone know where i can download old kali versions?

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

anyone know where i can download old kali versions?

Post by kurupt »

anyone?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

All old versions except for 1.68 are disabled. I will NEVER downgrade from 1.68 to 2.x.

Yes, thats right, 2.x is a downgrade from 1.68 :P
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Yeah, it's an absolute hog of CPU resources in comparison. These days it's not a big deal, of course, since Kali 2 was released in the days of Pentium IIs I think; but there isn't a whole lot in Kali 2.x that is actually useful and not in earlier releases.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

And in a new wacky twist, just for the hell of it I started up Kali 2.613 today and watched people cycling in and out of chat (or more accurately, me cycling in and out of chat). And I noticed something; certain users never DID seem to drop out, and absolutely all of those were either using 1.68 or GtK or a weird thing called xkali (I think), whatever that is.

It seems, at least from my end, that those people don't have a problem with my buggy router.

Which is weird; it seems to indicate 1.68 is more compatible with 2.x than 2.x is.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Its because 2.x has a fruity net protocol which is barely compatible with the traditional kali net protocol. Also, xkali is the newest linux version of kali, written by a lot of the pserv people I think, because a lot of them use linux instead of windows. From what I hear its a lot more friendly to users behind nat.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Hm. Might have to try it, since I actually have Linux... although I don't use it very often.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I have absolutely no problems with Kali 2.x and above with multiple computers behind a router. Given the fact when I had 1.68 and had initially set up a router for broadband, NETGEAR ROUTER was the problem not KALI.

Dumped that router within 2 hours and replaced it with a LINKSYS (never a problem since).

This was about 10 minutes after seeing at the Netgear Website **There is a problem with Netgear routers and GAMING software and GAMING applications** we are working on the Soulution with Netgears NAT translation services** (took them 4 years)

WTF GAMER with GAMING router Problems?? NFW! RMA RTN OMFW... keys please GONE~!

KALI would flame you because your port numbers would change every minute or so behind the netgear router thinking you had mutiple users with the same serial

PS static IP's behind the router make things easier too!
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Yeah bubba, I had the same problem with a D-Link router and 3 computers networked using Kali. Switched to a linksys and haven't had any trouble since as well.
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

I'll be damned if I'm switching routers just to get Kali to work. I'd rather go and find another game.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I had a DLink netcard burn out on me once, so I took that as a sign of how good DLink's quality is.

needless to say I'm running realtek nic's and a linksys DSL modem