The Silent Hill games for Playstation....

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

The Silent Hill games for Playstation....

Post by Vlider »

Anyone into those games? I dig'em. They're pretty freaky. Im playin silent hill 2&3 back n forth.

I still really dont know the whole story to the town. Anyone care to explain? or play the game?
XSabre
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by XSabre »

My friend gave me Silent Hill 2 back for my birthday last year. Back then when i started getting to the good parts my video card couldnt handle it. (got it for PC). I guess now i should reinstall and start playing it again. From what i got to play (and seen others play) it looks great, a very creepy game. I love the whole psychological horror type thing going on, thats what i like in scary games. I don't know much overall about the town, i only know what little the begining of the 2nd one told about the guy's wife sending a note after shes already dead thing.
Vlider
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vlider »

ya, on silent hill 2, I'm stuck in those damn apartments.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I've been a fan ever since I beat the first one on the psone. Rented it and loved every minute of it. Then two came out and blew me away. At the time two of my friends (both girls) couldn't stand playing it because it scared them so much and everytime I played I insisted the lights be off and we could only play it at night :P

Fun stuff. Anywho...there really isn't much of a story. SH2 didn't continue the story from the first game other then having the town in common. However, SH3 which I just beat not too long ago does continue the story of SH1 17 years after it happend. Pretty much a town of cultists who worship false gods who apparently DO exist and have the abilities to bend reality into their twisted vision of life or death.

Other then that nothing very cohesive between the first three games. SH1 and 3 have the best ties between eachother though and three wouldn't make very much sense if you hadn't played the very first game. 2 seems really isolated from the series come to think of it, was still a killer game though.

SH4 comes out this tuesday. Going to go down to EB and buy it this week.

btw V, do you know the exact spot you're at in the Apartments? I remember getting stuck there as well for a while.
MehYam
DBB Head Flapper
DBB Head Flapper

Post by MehYam »

Silent Hill 2 on Xbox was great - played through it with the lights off every time. Very creepy, the radio static was a unique touch.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I DLed the SH3 demo for PC a while ago. I didn't know what the fck to do.