Sun Java Alternative for Mozilla?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Sun Java Alternative for Mozilla?

Post by Tyranny »

I was wondering if there is anything other then the Sun Corps Java for Mozilla. It seems like everytime I install the damn thing I get a trojan and AVG doesn't seem to want to remove it even though it detects it and says it can. Uninstalling Sun and deleting anything having to do with it will remove it but it always comes back the next time I install it.

I always download it from the official sun site too. Most likely its something im getting from a website I visit, but I don't know which one that could be....

Any ideas, suggestions etc..?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

the problem isn't Java.

your getting virus alerts concerning jar files right?

which virus does AVG say you are getting?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

It was something like byte.verify in one of the Sun Folders in Documents & Settings in my user profile under Application Data. AVG detects it, but then doesn't give me an option to either quarantine it or heal or delete or anything.

Either way, I can remove it simply by deleting the folder because I've done it before. What I want to know is if there is an alternative to Sun's java because quite frankly it sucks.
Arch
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Arch »

I get that also, its not a problem with the Sun JVM or Mozilla. There really isn't anything you can do other than disabling Java in Mozilla. Either way it isn't going to hurt your system as it takes advantage of a hole in Microsoft's JVM, which isn't distributed anymore.

To get rid of it just delete the offending .jar files. Problem solved.

Read more here: http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/ ... erify.html

Read the MS doc here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... 3-011.mspx