D2 revival

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2 revival

Post by Phaser »

Ready for another one..? Well i made a post on the hangar about when the next revival is. 8) I hope you all choose to come. If you plan on coming or you have any thing to say, you can post something here, or you can e-mail me at Phaser@stealthshangar.com Also the like to the website is www.stealthshangar.com and the latest post is on the main page. If you read the 2nd to last post it will tell you that u can click e-mail on the main page and it will e-mail me.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Woohoo! :D I've got it posted at PD. It'll give me something to do next Saturday; when you're not a party animal, Saturdays at college are pretty boring :P.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I guess I'll have to get my D2 working again. :D

Maybe make a level too.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

As usual, someone tell me if they can get a proxy running. :)
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I ALMOST got my D2X working. The game seems to run fine, but my joystick is still thucked. It is like, if I move it out as far as it will go, it stops responding. And I DLed the joystick settings (that allow you to use the twist) but they don't seem to work all that well with my Top Gun Afterburner II. Are the settings only for Sidewinder sticks?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

No, should work for any joystick that uses a twist function. What year was your joystick made? Also is it USB?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I'll be at a lan the 25th. :\ HAve fun! :)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Tyr, one major flaw of D2x that was flat-out and blatently refused to be considered was networking and compatibility with D2_3DFX and the vanilla D2.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Yeah, so? If I were a programmer I'd fix it :P

D2X should work with any D2 that plays on IPX through kali. I've never had any problems and I'm pretty sure that people have played against me using D2 v1.2 while I've been using D2X.

The only thing I can think of on the D2_3DFX issue is that D2X is supposed to be the replacement for it and I don't know of too many people that still use 3dfx. *shrug*

Don't know what to tell you. I'm not even sure if the guys who made D2X are even still working on it.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

I'm not sure when it was made, but yeas it is USB.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

"D2X should work with any D2 that plays on IPX through kali. I've never had any problems and I'm pretty sure that people have played against me using D2 v1.2 while I've been using D2X."

it should, but it doesn't. I've tried joining a rangers game that I knew was in progress, but it never showed up on the screen.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Sage, that might be the reason why it has problems.

Ferno: Vader and I went to play a game of UES a couple weeks ago and had trouble seeing eachother. Both of us were using D2X. Eventually we finally got it working. It may not be so much a problem of compatibility between versions as it may be D2Xs inability to see IPX games correctly.
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

Crap! USB sticks don't work with D2? Man that sucks.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sage, I have a USB stick (Saitek Cyborg Evo) that works fine in D2. Is it properly calibrated in Windows?
Sage
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sage »

yeh It's calibrated. I just recalibrated it and it still don't work. Hmm...
Haudegen
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Haudegen »

Great! I can't await it.
Which maps will be required?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Haudegen wrote:Great! I can't await it.
Which maps will be required?
We'll vote on what levels we want to play during the revival, and someone will host the files so that those who don't have them can get them.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Anyone want to teach me how to play D2? I find that my d3 training leaves me sorely deficient in D2.

:|

P.M. me or something please

:)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

The best way to learn is to come out to the revival. Half of us are total noobs, so you won't be the only person being pounded on :).

BTW, Phaser, have you ever considered trying a CTF or Team Anarchy game during a revival? I've never played either game mode in D2, and I thought it might be interesting to try it out.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I didn't say USB sticks don't work with D2 just that they're more likely to have problems with it compared to the standard gameport sticks that were out during D1 and D2's heyday.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tyranny wrote:Ferno: Vader and I went to play a game of UES a couple weeks ago and had trouble seeing eachother. Both of us were using D2X. Eventually we finally got it working. It may not be so much a problem of compatibility between versions as it may be D2Xs inability to see IPX games correctly.
That's my point.
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

wth is cnt-usa timezone, canada new foundland time? official world time is gmt, please use gmt so that we stupid europs can show up for the revival or at least know when it happens ;)
Haudegen
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Haudegen »

@DigiJo:
Wenn mich nicht alles täuscht am Sonntag um 03:30 Uhr morgens. :wink:
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

US-Central time should be made into GMT. It is the most awesomeest time there is.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Screw GMT :P. I go by Eastern Standard, the uberest time zone of all 8).

P.S. Digijo, CNT is Central Standard Time. It's the time zone that encompasses much of the central US and Canada. And, since it's also the time zone that Stealth/Phaser live in, it's the official time zone of the D2 Revivals :). For future reference, right now CNT is 5 hours behind GMT, although that may change when Daylight Savings Ends.

Boy, things were a lot easier when the only times were Light and Dark, weren't they? :P
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

i usually go by southpole-time, i want them all ;) hey ok what is CNT now, can someone translate that to EST? from there on i would substract JST, add a lil of CAT to come close to my zone wich is GMT+1 heh.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

CNT is always one hour behind EST (Eastern Standard time). So, since GMT is now 5:38 PM, EST is 1:38 PM, and CNT is 12:38 PM. The hour difference between CNT and EST holds true even during Daylight Savings time. This Saturday night, the Revival will start at 1:30 AM GMT.
Phaser
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Phaser »

I'm sorry, this is the way i know of that most people can understand the time. If you have any more questions, people on here can help you, and there's google. CNT time is the only way i know of how to put the time. If i put ALL the times around the world then i would have a hole LOT of typing to do. Also i'm not sure how to figure out all of the times. Sorry if i inconvenienced you in any way, and i hope everyone can figure it out. :)

Phaser Out..!
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Phaser, if what Top Gun said is correct (daylight savings time is observed in the CNT time zone) then CNT is the same as Central Time here.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

DCrazy, that's because CNT is Central Time :P. I may have gotten the abbreviation wrong, but that's what I meant. Technically, I guess the abbreviation would be CDT, for Central Daylight Time.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »