A public apology to all...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

A public apology to all...

Post by WarAdvocat »

Regarding my behavior and attitude in chat in recent (and not so recent) times...

I never realized that people didn't know the whole story of what went on between myself and the [ck] clan & their friends. Recently several people have told me, in various ways, that it has really hurt my standing in the community. I freely admit to my own fault in what transpired, but at the time I was so caught up in how unfair to me it all was that I didn't look beyond my own feelings. I think that's a fault anyone could empathize with. I would hope that people would try to understand and realize that I am sincerely sorry for my part in creating what amounted to an extremely hostile environment in D3 chat for so long.

I'm not going to get into a long, drawn-out explanation of what happened, as if I think you guys really care. What I would like to say is that the long and the short of it is that Redbone never liked me, and circumstances gave him an excuse to go after me about two years ago. Everything else snowballed from there. This has actually happened twice between us. The first time we eventually made up, but he never stopped nursing a grudge, and when another circumstance came up this spring, he went right back after me. I have to admit that I really blew my stack and rolled right around in the mud with him the second time around. The unfairness of the fact that I was a target yet again really ticked me off, and I went way beyond the bounds of propriety.

The thing that really stinks is that a lot of people formed a very negative impression of who I am from that whole scenario. I admit I LOVE a good fight, whether it's in the mines, in chat, or on the playing field, a battle always gets my blood flowing. Unfortunately, life is a series of lessons, and I'm still learning to pick my battles. I didn't think that in the fighting of the battle, I could lose the respect of so many in the community...and that hurts alot, because it just feels doubly unfair, even though I realize I've brought this on myself, because I didn't know when to stop.

I'll always be very outspoken, and probably sarcastic too, but at heart, I'm smiling. There's a twinkle in my eye...All I ask is that you hear my apology...and look for that twinkle next time I say something.

Thanks for reading,

- Bunyip
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I have never had an easy time with Rebone. He is a person that loses control when he drinks and takes it out on who he feels like. I personally couldn't care what he thinks so if he was your main problem, don't sweat it. I don't think any less of you considering I never knew what happened. I also don't judge things on what happens between you and others, only what happens between you and me.
Cuda68-2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cuda68-2 »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I have never had an easy time with Rebone. He is a person that loses control when he drinks and takes it out on who he feels like. I personally couldn't care what he thinks so if he was your main problem, don't sweat it. I don't think any less of you considering I never knew what happened. I also don't judge things on what happens between you and others, only what happens between you and me.
Ditto
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Never heard of Redbone and didn't know that you and him were in a tussle. No worries here. You have always treated me with kindness and respect, even when mopping the floor with my carcas. :D

It's all good.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

edited by Xciter
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

X3 to what Merlin said. Unfortunate that Redbone was able to push your buttons and drag you down to his level, but that's now past history. Chris,I've always liked and respected you, especially after meeting you at Califest and I admire your coming forward. Yes, I heard some rumblings and I witnessed your behavior and it made me wonder. But now that you're making yourself accountable, I can say I was right. You are a decent guy.

[edit] Well said, Bill. [/edit]
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

Thanks for the support guys...but I was pretty out of line in chat on occasion, and at times I let it slop over onto others, over and above what they would have been exposed to just by being in chat at the wrong time....and that's what I regret the most.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

You apologized for it at least. Something Redbone hasn't done which is the difference between someone who is mature and someone who isn't.
Pugwash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pugwash »

<3 teh bunny
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

heh.
i've been diagnosed by people in chat as being a homosexual, having an anti-social disorder, being schizophrenic, and last but not least "making a deal with the devil"... which is hilarious because i don't really believe in "the devil" and i don't know what i got as part of the bargain.
:oops:
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

N/p Bunyip -- I've pretty much the stand Merlin expressed. I usually ignore outbursts in chat, so it's interesting to read some assesments about RB/J. Looks like one of those was the guy trying to get to me a month ago..

You said you're getting used to a new setup ? Maybe I should try to get on earlier.. ;)
Mobius
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by Mobius »

arguing on the Internet is like winning at the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
whuppinboy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by whuppinboy »

TheCops wrote:heh.
i've been diagnosed by people in chat as being a homosexual, having an anti-social disorder, being schizophrenic, and last but not least "making a deal with the devil"... which is hilarious because i don't really believe in "the devil" and i don't know what i got as part of the bargain.
:oops:
you mean you're not????? :?

i'm crushed :P :wink:

oh, on topic at least, WA, nuttin' but lurb for ya' man!
Redbone
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Redbone »

Comment removed. - MDt
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

You know, I've come to a very important realization over the past few months.

It is just the Internet. Go outside.
Instig8
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Instig8 »

Whether it's supplicating or not, I say enough capitulation and more dog-fighting.

Theoretically speaking, if I had a mass driver and was forced to kill one, either Redbone or Bunyip... the DNA evidence just might point to Redbone. That is, if there was any evidence left. :twisted: :wink:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

lol!

Boner's existance is due to generations of cousin on cousin DNA exchange, so don't get upset when he acts like a **cktard. It's just in his genes. :)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Folks, enough of ganging up on Redbone. If you have issues with him, take it off the DBB.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Dude, open season on redbone in the MP forum.

<3
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

locked?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Vertigo 99 wrote:locked?
Not until it gets out of hand or WA requests it.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

wow, i missed this!
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Mobius wrote:arguing on the Internet is like winning at the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
....nevermind. Too easy :P
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Why do you take this guy seriously? I thought everyone stopped listening like four years ago.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Im glad that I dont involve myself in such things...
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

Redbone wrote:Comment removed. - MDt
Yet another instance of inappropriate and undue moderation. While I did not agree with Redbones comments, I did not begrudge him the right to express his opinion in a non inflammatory or non-derogatory manner, which he did. Anyone else have a problem with this?
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Lobber wrote:
Redbone wrote:Comment removed. - MDt
Yet another instance of inappropriate and undue moderation. While I did not agree with Redbones comments, I did not begrudge him the right to express his opinion in a non inflammatory or non-derogatory manner, which he did. Anyone else have a problem with this?
ya, that is kinda whack.
redbones post wasn't that bad at all. but, the board is "free" to me anyways... and i would think it would be a pain in the arse to moderate. i mean you would have to actually pay attention and read the posts.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:Yet another instance of inappropriate and undue moderation. While I did not agree with Redbones comments, I did not begrudge him the right to express his opinion in a non inflammatory or non-derogatory manner, which he did. Anyone else have a problem with this?
Lobber, if you have a problem with my moderating style, take it up with me. Do not derail a thread just because you don't agree with how I do my job. Thats what private messaging is for.

For the record, I was asked to remove that post by WA himself to keep the thread on-topic.
Lobber
Emotastic!!
Emotastic!!

Post by Lobber »

I have found that taking up issues with you usually results in you telling me to go have sex with myself. So I don't see how useful or productive that could possibly be. The purpose of my post was to publicly denounce your decision as a moderator, and ask the opinion of others on the board. While I understand that this board is not a democracy, and therefore any decision made by the community is not accepted as official board policy, it is still the right of the community to make a choice to associate with these boards in supporting them by reading and posting here. Like customers spurned by an unwisely led company, we as the consumers can veto such by our own decisions with where to go. Not that it is likely anyone will leave, in fact, I don't plan on it. However I feel that someone had to speak out and be the David to stand up to the Goliath.

I am that David.
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Lobber wrote:However I feel that someone had to speak out and be the David to stand up to the Goliath.

I am that David.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Lobber wrote:I have found that taking up issues with you usually results in you telling me to go have sex with myself.
Oh please Lobber, that was only one time, and you were complaining over something very trivial and being a real dick about it.
So I don't see how useful or productive that could possibly be.
You never know until you try...
The purpose of my post was to publicly denounce your decision as a moderator, and ask the opinion of others on the board.
Which is not the way you do things. If you have an issue with the way I do things, you talk to ME. If you feel its not going anywhere, you talk to an administrator. Thats why we have a chain of command. You do not make a public issue out of it.

Now drop the subject here and move on. If you want to talk about it, take it to PM. Any further comments will result in this thread being closed.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

bunyip, you suck and i hate you for not liking redbone.

the cops, you go to hell and you die

lobber, you go have sex with yourself

md, did you watch the special features yet? are they any good? i never watched them.

goob, <3

there, now that i have said my peace you may close the thread.

;)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

heh
HaAGen DaZS
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by HaAGen DaZS »

if it helps, bunyip, i never liked you in the first place... :P

<3 :)
Vertigo 99
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Vertigo 99 »

this thread f*cking rocks
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

Chris, although your words are commendable and speak to your character, in my opinion, you are not the one who should be extending apologies. I too, have been involved in conflicts with this individual, his brother, and his cronies. These men are pitiable, and the hatred that exudes from their uneducated, self-loathing, abusive minds is unfathomable to me. At one point they even went as far as to ban my eight year old son from their servers because I stood up to their vicious abuse. One of them actually threatened to come to ChicagoLAN and cause physical harm to some of the attendees. I would have written this off as an idle threat, were he not one of the two convicted felons in the group.

Chris, you are a person of high character and I have the utmost regard for you. I've had you in my home, interacting with my family and you have always conducted yourself with tact, sensitivity, and integrity. I'm glad that I met you and that we have become friends. You are one of the few that I've met in my life that I can truly say when I use the word friend in conjunction with your name, I mean it in the true sense of the word. Love you, man.

As far as the Redbone crew, I only hope that this thread enlightens some of you. Please dont get involved with these vicious, unhappy, uneducated, abusive, subhuman, loathsome people. You'll regret it, eventually, if you do. I wish there was something we could to to keep them away from the rest of us. It's unfortunate that we have to deal with these people on an almost daily basis.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i still cant belive i missed all this!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Vertigo 99 wrote:this thread f*cking rocks
^ x2
punisher wrote:Please dont get involved with these vicious, unhappy, uneducated, abusive, subhuman, loathsome people. You'll regret it, eventually, if you do. I wish there was something we could to to keep them away from the rest of us. It's unfortunate that we have to deal with these people on an almost daily basis.
Bingo. Hell I married one like that ... :D
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

AceCombat wrote:i still cant belive i missed all this!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Ace, you didn't miss anything you havent seen before. This is not something that was a spacific event or time. It is a ongoing problem that plagues chat, and you've been privy to it for a long time.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Spam post edited.